Sponsored

Interior Dash trim piece wrapping

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How well would a wrap adhere to the type of material on the center and doors?
Sponsored

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damn that looks awesome wrapping a bike is a whole different ball game because there are so many weird angles lol but yes the dash pieces are really easy to get off less than 10 minutes it's all off just pull them in the right order. (Passenger side main pice then passenger lower. Driver lower then remove the screw below the light switch then that piece comes off) Avery does make a great product just haven't used them as much.

Wrapped a few bikes myself. The purple is Avery Film
IMG_4558.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
What center and what parts of the doors? It will stick to almost anything. Textured abs is tough without a primer coat. Key is to clean the surface with an isopropyl/water mix to strip oils and waxes.
IMG_9230.JPG

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Nice bike! yeah, it takes every bit of 6-7 hours to make everything perfect. there's like 1 little wrinkle on the bike on an edge bottom I was like ef it. I didn't really want to redo the entire piece for a millimeter of defect and I didn't have much material left to risk again. People compliment it everywhere I go though. The hakunaa matata was a fun little add on. Its not a fun undertaking at all though.

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You definitely have a thing for blue lol and ya I've had plenty of those "I'm not starting over to fix that. Well on my stuff, customers stuff gets done perfectly lol. What bike is in the back right? Looks like a wide glide

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What center and what parts of the doors? It will stick to almost anything. Textured abs is tough without a primer coat. Key is to clean the surface with an isopropyl/water mix to strip oils and waxes.
Was thinking of the hard textured plastic around the shifter and center console storage.

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Was thinking of the hard textured plastic around the shifter and center console storage.
It should work I did the shifter bezel but not the whole center console. Was considering doing the kick panel at the bottom of the console. I'll have a short day at work so when I get home I'll take some scraps and see if it will stick and finish good and I'll let you know. I would say yes though because it stuck to the window switches and that had a similar texture.

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It looks like the Carbon Fiber Vinyls are starting to look more real?
They definitely are getting alot more realistic, and the new gloss finishes I've seen have almost no orange peel.

Sponsored

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
There are a number of good ones, 3m and Avery are popular. Just dont get the cheap Ebay or Amazon stuff. I'm partial to 3m because I've used it alot. Check out metrorestyling.com all the brands on their site are going to be quality. 3m may not make the film you want or vice versa. That's why I reccomend the site. You can pick the pattern you want and know your getting quality materials. Plus you can buy samples for 1 dollar to make sure it looks right.
I am not affiliated with metrorestyling.com so I get nothing out of you buying from them. It's just a quality site good pricing good customer service and fast shipping. I can honestly say out of the hundreds of rolls I've ordered i.have never had an order messed up.

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
There are a number of good ones, 3m and Avery are popular. Just dont get the cheap Ebay or Amazon stuff. I'm partial to 3m because I've used it alot. Check out metrorestyling.com all the brands on their site are going to be quality. 3m may not make the film you want or vice versa. That's why I reccomend the site. You can pick the pattern you want and know your getting quality materials. Plus you can buy samples for 1 dollar to make sure it looks right.
I am not affiliated with metrorestyling.com so I get nothing out of you buying from them. It's just a quality site good pricing good customer service and fast shipping. I can honestly say out of the hundreds of rolls I've ordered i.have never had an order messed up.
Which 3 m pattern did you use?

Im looking at wrapping some interior pieces
on my older Stang

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
.....and like the pattern you used in your
pictures
https://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-1080-CF12-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-p/3m1080-cf12.htm
This is pretty much the one I used. It says gloss in the description but I dont think its gloss like a clear coat. Mine technically is satin blend of matte and gloss so this should be close. Like I said though order samples before you spend bigger bucks. 5ftĂ— 1ft is the size I ordered to do my trim with plenty left over. And 5ftx2ft is enough to do the dash pieces in case someone was curious. They also sell scrap boxes for like 20 bucks full of all kinds of patterns that would show you lots of options.

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
https://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-1080-CF12-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-p/3m1080-cf12.htm
This is pretty much the one I used. It says gloss in the description but I dont think its gloss like a clear coat. Mine technically is satin blend of matte and gloss so this should be close. Like I said though order samples before you spend bigger bucks. 5ftĂ— 1ft is the size I ordered to do my trim with plenty left over. And 5ftx2ft is enough to do the dash pieces in case someone was curious. They also sell scrap boxes for like 20 bucks full of all kinds of patterns that would show you lots of options.

Many thanks for your help !
Sponsored