Interior Dash trim piece wrapping

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Man that looks nice. I'm trying to get rid of that aluminum look on my non PP car. I'm sure I'm going to fail at wrapping. Painting is easier but permanent. Hmmm.
Sponsored

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone can wrap it just takes some trial and error. There will be errors starting out lol. I always recommend ordering a little extra film and practice on things like a cell phone or around a coke can to get a feel for how the material will work. And always use heat and stretch as a last resort. That's where alot of people go wrong and fail.
20190220_181729.jpg
20190216_230944.jpg

kws6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Anyone can wrap it just takes some trial and error. There will be errors starting out lol. I always recommend ordering a little extra film and practice on things like a cell phone or around a coke can to get a feel for how the material will work. And always use heat and stretch as a last resort. That's where alot of people go wrong and fail.
20190220_181729.jpg
20190216_230944.jpg
Looks great!

What wrap did you use?

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
This thread inspired me. My first attempt was successful, at least in my eyes. I'm happy!

20190308_070141.jpg

20190308_070249.jpg

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
not sure what you mean. that's Vvivid Carbon Fiber vinyl.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
PVC welt? What is that. It’s pretty. Or is it also wrap or paint?
If it's the same as mine, that's what the blue stuff is above the carbon fiber wrapped sections. It looks good from a distance but really up close it looks kinda wrinkly (at least mine does, imagine dry skin compared to lotioned up). It just gets pushed into the small gaps and holds itself there.

I think this is the one I went with.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
If it's the same as mine, that's what the blue stuff is above the carbon fiber wrapped sections. It looks good from a distance but really up close it looks kinda wrinkly (at least mine does, imagine dry skin compared to lotioned up). It just gets pushed into the small gaps and holds itself there.

I think this is the one I went with.
Oh I’ve never heard of such a product. Is that what you used other poster? What color did you buy, how close was it to grabber blue. It’s reallt pretty with your carbon fiber

I’m curious on his reply because his looks smooth, like vinyl

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
The one I have is a trim molding piece I found by accident at AutoZone. Haven't found it again. I tried buying something similar on Amazon and it wasn't as good as the one I have now. I have no idea what it's called. But it's specifically for putting around the trim of your car. You just push it into the cracks.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
That looks right

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
@kws6000 i almost always use 3m 1080 film it's what I've worked with the most so I'm comfortable with it. But there are several brands just as good check out metrorestyling.com any brand they have is quality. Dont buy the cheap stuff it will RIP and tear when you try and get around corners.

@FreedomPenguin looks great not bad for your first go and gloss CF is a little trickier than matte but looks great with the blue.

Anyone looking to learn to wrap I highly recommend checking out Premium Auto Styling on YouTube. They teach the right way to wrap.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
@kws6000 i almost always use 3m 1080 film it's what I've worked with the most so I'm comfortable with it. But there are several brands just as good check out metrorestyling.com any brand they have is quality. Dont buy the cheap stuff it will RIP and tear when you try and get around corners.

@FreedomPenguin looks great not bad for your first go and gloss CF is a little trickier than matte but looks great with the blue.

Anyone looking to learn to wrap I highly recommend checking out Premium Auto Styling on YouTube. They teach the right way to wrap.
I didn't wrap the CF / blue piece. I was commenting on it and the blue. Its a pretty piece, (I do vinyl wrapping myself) just never seen piping before. This was my most recent wrap project I did. I just wanted a lighter blue (grabber ish blue on my bike) I use Avery though, lays down a little easier to me. I will probably also wrap the dash trim like these guys though if its not too hard to yank out and reassemble.
Before.jpg
After.JPG
Sponsored