Sponsored

2021 Mustang GT Refresh Rendering (based on first spyshots)

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest the look is so similar not many people notice the diff anyways lol.
I agree. It seems silly that someone would be happy with one one but refuse to buy the other on looks alone. I get it if it's S197 vs. S550 but there just isn't that much difference. I like the hood of the 15-17 better but I like the quad exhaust of the 18+. I haven't been able to decide which nose I prefer. The 18 does look sleeker but at the same time "wimpier." :)
Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'll chime in with my $.02 (not that anyone's asking). I personally HATED the look of the S550 when it was first announced. Back then I had my '14, and found that the S550 had lost its Mustang "soul" in order to appease the "worldwide launch" objective. Fast forward a year and I was unfortunately in an accident where my '14 was totaled. Aside from being mad for a lot of reasons, I was pissed that I had to purchase an S550. My tune did change when I test drove one, as there's no denying that the handling is far superior than that of the S197.

The silver lining for me was seeing that it was possible for the s550 to look badass, as long as you were willing to change a few things; namely the grill and hood IMO. Well, that's what I did and now I'm in love with how my car looks (as well as performs).

Then came along the '18, and the same thing happened. First reaction "wtf were they thinking??". Then the mods started coming out. There are some badass looking '18's out there, but again, it involves AT LEAST changing the front grills. Also, the little side triangle vents always remind me of a Prius whenever I see one, so this render immediately addresses that issue.

At the end of the day, to each their own. Would I purchase an '18+ while having my '16? Definitely not. Would I purchase an 18+ if I didn't have my '16? Most likely. That said, I'm also kind of over my '16 at this point. It's had a tick since new. Finally found a Ford dealership (after dealing with two other shitty ones that refused to help me) that actually looked into it. They found pitting/scoring on one of the crankshafts as well pieces of metal in the passenger cylinder head. After having my car at Ford for 7 weeks (swapped out for a new cylinder head, crankshafts, lifters, water pump, etc...) I thought that the issue was fixed. After two days of driving it (nicely and slowly), the tick is back. I've been wanting to boost this b*tch forever, but never did so because I didn't want to void the warranty on an engine that may go boom. So yea.... ready to move on. I was planning on a GT500, but now have to wait until they "hopefully" release a manual. Or I just say f*ck it all and slap an aluminator in there and boost that b*tch sky-high.

Anyways, I digress. Good job on the render! Here's a pic of my car on second day of ownership to how it looks now. Cosmetic mods to the front area are what make these cars truly stand out IMO.
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_7745.jpg

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
My personal favorite would be this bumper, that would reimagine the 2015 styling. But it's just a rendering I made a while ago out of fun and nothing that will never happen
mustang_a7.jpg
Good grief, this is like the launch of the '18MY all over again :facepalm:

We'll be here again when the '23MY is revealed with many saying the '18 was the last of the good looking Mustangs :giggle:
It looks very similar to the 18. The rendering that Ace did is much better. Ford need to redesign the front not tinker around the edges.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, I'll throw my hat into the ring.........there's not a Mustang I don't like (or haven't grown to like)......but the nicest front end I've seen on the '18 belongs to Saleen. It reminds me of the lower fascia of the '13/'14......which is one of my favourite front ends of any Mustang!

65ea9aad27158c763b09bae403aed617.jpg

Assuming we are getting a mild '21 refresh, I'm sure I'll love that too! :rockon:

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'll throw my hat into the ring.........there's not a Mustang I don't like (or haven't grown to like)......but the nicest front end I've seen on the '18 belongs to Saleen. It reminds me of the lower fascia of the '13/'14......which is one of my favourite front ends of any Mustang!

65ea9aad27158c763b09bae403aed617.jpg

Assuming we are getting a mild '21 refresh, I'm sure I'll love that too! :rockon:
If I had an '18+, I would do that front end conversion as my first mod. That one, or the GT500-look-a-like bumper that was revealed by Anderson Composites at this year's SEMA. I think that thing looks sick. But then again, it's inspired by the new GT500 which I think looks like an absolute beast.
anderson-composite-mustang-front-quarter.jpg

edit: On a second look, that Saleen front end actually looks pretty similar to an OEM 15-17 bumper (ALMOST. Definitely more than an OEM 18+ bumper)

Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Am I the only one that likes the 15-17 better?
No. I did not like the rendering of the refresh, and I still do not like it as much as the 15-17. The earlier version was much more cohesive with the rest of the car. The lines followed through and it has a good aesthetic. The refresh looked like a collage of a bunch of other cars, and there are too many excessive lines. The curve in the back of the hood mimics the Challenger, the diagonal slat in the bottom of the bumper mimics the 2016 Camaro, etc. If this is the future refresh, Ford will make it worse. "Ahh, where should we put the turn signal?" " Ahh, lets just stick it here."

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
No. I did not like the rendering of the refresh...
Well, to be fair, it's a horribly inaccurate rendering. Just a few quick glances at it and the camo'ed shot makes it fairly obvious that the front end looks nothing like that. Not really sure why this was put on the front page. Kinda embarrassing for M6G to be honest.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Of course this is just an idea of what I think to see behind the camo. I will make a new rendeirng as soon as we see more details in upcoming spyshots.

But just from the last years, I think I am at least somewhat close to how final cars will look like:
Very early GT500 rendering (nobody could knew they reuse 15 lights)
2018 Mustang
2019 Camaro

Of course you can't have 100% accuracy by trying to see behind the camo, they clearly learned from the 15 Mustang how to better cover their mules

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
It sure don't run like a fusion though. 460hp 420tq. If they'd put that in a fusion I'd buy a fusion.
Next Gen Ford Falcon, I would have jumped on that getting a Fusion with a V8 or some HO V6TT over a Mustang

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, to be fair, it's a horribly inaccurate rendering. Just a few quick glances at it and the camo'ed shot makes it fairly obvious that the front end looks nothing like that. Not really sure why this was put on the front page. Kinda embarrassing for M6G to be honest.
Unless you've seen the '21MY I'm not sure how you can say its horribly inaccurate. What Ace has produced looks very much like what I think it looks like under there.......but nobody will know until the covers come off. Even if its nothing like the finished product, I'm grateful that we have enthusiasts like Ace will to spend their time producing good quality renderings for us to ponder.

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Aces renderings are top notch. I’m a graphic designer and don’t know how he does it. Tutor session Ace? Haha.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Not entirely true....I got back into a mustang after 15 years. My last Mustang was an '03 Cobra. The '18 was the first Mustang in a long while I thought looked right. No false or tacked on scoops or goofy add ons. The 15-17 is okay, looks more Fusion like. The '18 IMO looks so much better.
The '18 looks angry, at first before buying the '18 I liked the 15-17 front end better, then I went and looked at them and thought dayum the '18 looks pissed off! Then I drove one and found out it was pissed off! Bought the 18 A10 and never looked back, it kicks ass and at the drag strip the older model owners come up and ask how it runs or come up after seeing it run and can't understand why they are a second behind or more, more than a few have asked "that thing is stock"? The average Mustang at the drag strip isn't modified more than a CAI and exhaust and many lack the driver mod so it's not difficult to impress them.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Actually, I was referring to the 2018 refresh and the rendering the year before of that model. I prefer the original '15-'17.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Unless you've seen the '21MY I'm not sure how you can say its horribly inaccurate. What Ace has produced looks very much like what I think it looks like under there.......but nobody will know until the covers come off. Even if its nothing like the finished product, I'm grateful that we have enthusiasts like Ace will to spend their time producing good quality renderings for us to ponder.
Fair enough, but what I'm seeing looks nothing like Ace's render.
Sponsored