Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's a car, I just try not to obsess about it. Trying to keep it perfect just leads to anguish. Down that path are the people who never drive their cars because they think the car is too nice to drive. What purpose does a car serve when it isn't driven?

This morning I noticed there is a big, fat bird dropping on the top of my car. I'm not sure when I will get around to washing it off.
LOL, you made me laugh. I found some fat bird dropping on my passenger side window which led to a small amount sitting on the passenger side door too. This was 6:30 AM that I discovered it in 30* cold after I got to the office. I went back in dropped my stuff off and went back out fixed it with my detailer kit that I keep in the trunk. I'm sorry, although I paid the warranty package to cover bird dropping, acid rain, and etc. It's a last resort for me as I don't want to go without the car for weeks to have the body parts repainted. My suggestion to you would be to try your best to get rid of that soon otherwise, it's going to cut INTO the clear and you'll have a sad stain on the paint that may not buff out..

An even bigger issue is public parking more than garage. I always park my cars in the back of store parking lots. Even if someone happens to park next to me, usually it isn't a car full of kids. Moms don't want to walk that far with a herd of children. Most cases I'm not parked next to anyone and I'm perfectly capable of walking the distance.
I have to disagree with you. At point, the #1 offender for dents on my other car has been from family and being in the garage. Christmas boxes dropping into my car and stuff from just people being lazy. The only dents have been from family at this time as I park the car away miles away from the gym, stores, and etc. It's my cash and I work hard for it.

That works out well most of the time, but there is always "that one guy." You park all the way in the back of the lot and he is parked next to you so close you can barely get in. Out of all the parking spots in the lot, he picks right next to you away from everyone else.
I had that one before and had to rant on the forum. I was reminded by a forum member that the next time that happens, pull out your knife and slash the tires next time. I will share with you the same advice. LOL, I won't ever forget that day. It was this '98 old mini van practically put together with different color body panels.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Car cover in carcapsule bubble and also hooked up to a battery tender.
813FAB27-EE0F-4D5F-B7F3-877BEE39445F.jpeg
giphy.gif

Wait............how do you get the car in the capsule before there's air pressure and it's inflated? Magic?

ETA....again;

You could build your own, from 2x4s, heavy clear plastic sheeting, some black paint, some long heavy-duty zippers, and some of those snap-together plastic flooring pieces.

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
giphy.gif

Wait............how do you get the car in the capsule before there's air pressure and it's inflated? Magic?

ETA....again;

You could build your own, from 2x4s, heavy clear plastic sheeting, some black paint, some long heavy-duty zippers, and some of those snap-together plastic flooring pieces.
I don't have one but there's a zipper/velcro on the bottom. Basically, you lay it out, un zip, un fold, drive car on the black part, flip the clear piece over the car, zip it togther and plug in the fan! I remember seeing a commercial when I was a kid, it showed someone dropping a hammer on it and it actually worked.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
This past weekend getting into my wife's Mustang, the seat was raised and forward near max, so had to quickly abort climbing in behind the steering, and in the process dinged my Ford Edge Sport's door, just slightly.

This thread came to mind when it happened.

Will get the paint-less dent repair guy I used in the past to get rid of the ding.

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
giphy.gif

ETA....again;

It is from CarCapsule.com .... I believe I got the 18’ long one. Worth every penny.
Plastic is very strong. There is a zipper all the way around the bottom. You unzip it
then drive car on it. Then pull clear plastic from front to rear over the top of car.
Zipper it up and plug in fan. Basically we got it to keep mice out in the off season
here in New England. This is not our daily driver, we have a pickup and Wrangler
for that.
Rob .....

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Got a house with a single car garage(slightly larger than standard size).

Made a rule to the family only I am allowed in there and put in a metal door with key lock. Cover the Mustang in winter months and battery tender.

Our driveway is decent sized. You can fit 4 cars no problem. So our daily's and people traffic always stays outside.

BFGT15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT
Buy some door bumper guards, they work great, numerous places online to buy them - they are magnetic, will not scratch, made of a foam/rubber material, stick out about 3 inches. Use 2 on the side adjacent to the other car, one lining up to the edge of its front door when open, one lining up to rear door. They go on and off in seconds.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Buy a floating noodle the kind for a swimming pool and used some string to hang it between your cars it will keep the doors from hitting each other
Best idea going. A trip to the Dollar Store and you are in business get the string while you are at the store.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I park in an underground gated garage in my assigned spot at my condo. That’s it. I don’t do sh1t except lock it. Works for me.
And I never park far away when I’m out somewhere unless the spots are supe narrow. Otherwise I park wherever. Called stress free living. It’s just a car and it will be fine.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I park in an underground gated garage in my assigned spot at my condo. That’s it. I don’t do sh1t except lock it. Works for me.
And I never park far away when I’m out somewhere unless the spots are supe narrow. Otherwise I park wherever. Called stress free living. It’s just a car and it will be fine.
Yeah my other ecoboost is treated that way. Stress free yet the Cobra... ugh what a headache.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I wish this thread came about a few months ago. Both dings are from my 8 year old. Perhaps when she's little older, I'll tell her that more dings mean I'm going to get carbon fiber doors using her college fund.

IMG_8366.JPG
I waited until my oldest graduated and moved out. Now my garage is Mustang only. Not an issue. Wife and I park daily drivers outside because, why not? They spend the whole day in the parking lot at work without protection.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Mine gets by pretty good by simply just parking it in there.:wink:
Sponsored