Sponsored

How are you protecting your car in your garage?

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Cover the handles on your floor jacks with pipe insulation...Extra layer on the end of the handle.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I just drive it. Cars need to be driven, that protects them the best. Beside - it's a Mustang. One of hundreds of thousands made. Like an Accord or Camry, just looks little differently.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I just drive it. Cars need to be driven, that protects them the best. Beside - it's a Mustang. One of hundreds of thousands made. Like an Accord or Camry, just looks little differently.
Depends where you live. Loading salt on the roads here North of Toronto does wonders to metal over time.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
El Gato protects Maggneto in the Garage.
20190216_084418.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
El Gato protects Maggneto in the Garage.
20190216_084418.jpg
You are very brave unless de-clawed. I got death threats in '73 for starting my chambered H2 next to a friend's father's show car and a cat ran in place for what seemed like minutes on the trunk because claws could only tear up the paint without getting traction.

michaelchatten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
0DACFCEE-AD85-4554-B03F-EAA6D80B55E3.jpeg
I make my wife park outside and only my car goes in the garage. May sound wrong but my wife does not care for cars nor takes care of hers. I on the other hand keep mine Clean at all times and I am cautious.

She didn’t like it at first but she accepted that I was right.

The only time her car gets cleaned is when I can’t take it anymore.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Used Irish Spring in my garage and in the trunk and passenger compartment. Haven't seen any mice this year but it has been a mild winter. One thing for sure dryer sheets and mothballs don't work.

Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Used Irish Spring in my garage and in the trunk and passenger compartment. Haven't seen any mice this year but it has been a mild winter. One thing for sure dryer sheets and mothballs don't work.
You just sticking bar of soap in there?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You just sticking bar of soap in there?
I leave the bar of soap in the box but the box is open the one in the passenger compartment is in the cup holder in the console. Smells a hellva lot better than mothballs.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
I keep mine at least a couple feet away from my wife's BMW at all times. :) I'm afraid my Mustang will catch something.

JerryA

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
I've got a new 2019 Mustang coming in a week or two. My garage arrangement is such that it will have to be parked next to my wife's Sorento. The Sorento would be forward facing on the left and the Mustang forward facing on the right. I've noticed that my current daily driver (Escape), has suffered from numerous small dents from the passenger side front and rear doors of the Sorento. I would obviously like to avoid that with the Mustang. I've thought about requesting that all passengers must enter the Sorento after the car has been pulled out of the garage, but I'm not sure I can enforce that. I've thought about getting a car cover to prevent the small dings that might occur, additionally it would protect from people walking between the cars from inadvertently scratching the mustang. I've also thought about taping together a bunch of cardboard boxes and putting up a barrier between the cars that I could easily fold up when I use the mustang.

What is your experience in protecting your Mustang in your garage? What am I not thinking about?

Thanks
Divorce comes to mind.
Sponsored