Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Picked it up today!

Now if it would just warm up and dry out.
Sweet! Only a month to go before you can drive it regularly.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
IronG,

So I live in Toronto, and per my previous post, I bought one in early Jan. I took delivery Jan 17th.
I had them put on my winter tire/wheel combo, and the summer tire/wheel combo in the trunk and backseat, before I drove it off the lot.

I gave the dealer specific instructions to not drive it more than needed (other than for them to put gas in the car) and I took down the mileage the day I saw it, and compared it to when I took delivery, all because we know how the MPSC2s can crack.

With winter tires, as others have said in other threads, if one doesn't drive like it's summer on winters, its more than capable.

Weather is so wild here in Toronto (I assume the same or similar in NJ) - Right now, as I type this, it will go to 7*celsius overnight, then back down to -10*celsius by tmr afternoon...
I am guessing you did not order it as Ford will not build these in the winter months....GT350's either. I would think you got a good price because of that.

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
How did you get a PP2 at this time of the year. I gotta believe the weather in Toronto has been pretty cold. You better put the wooly's on those tires!
Haha, it's actually been here for a month or two. I believe it was a factory order but the buyer ended up not taking it for whatever reason. It's beautiful. Yeah it was almost -30 Celsius last night

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Current), 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track (Current), 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Mustang V6 Premium
Hey Trystan,

I literally just joined the forum, and I'm from Toronto - Hello to a fellow Canadian and Torontonian!
I actually just picked up a 2019 GT PPL2, Shadow Black, 401A, Active Exhaust and Safe and Smart, back in Jan.

What dealer do you work at?
Nice! Welcome to the forum and great to meet a fellow Torontonian! I'm at a North York located Ford dealership (Won't specify for now haha) Is your GT on vacation for the Winter or are you braving the cold?

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
IronG,

So I live in Toronto, and per my previous post, I bought one in early Jan. I took delivery Jan 17th.
I had them put on my winter tire/wheel combo, and the summer tire/wheel combo in the trunk and backseat, before I drove it off the lot.

I gave the dealer specific instructions to not drive it more than needed (other than for them to put gas in the car) and I took down the mileage the day I saw it, and compared it to when I took delivery, all because we know how the MPSC2s can crack.

With winter tires, as others have said in other threads, if one doesn't drive like it's summer on winters, its more than capable.

Weather is so wild here in Toronto (I assume the same or similar in NJ) - Right now, as I type this, it will go to 7*celsius overnight, then back down to -10*celsius by tmr afternoon...
Just seeing this reply. Any troubles in the deep stuff at all? Being able to drive it in all conditions is one thing I really love about the Mustang. Throw some Winters on it and you're good to go. The only issue I have is salt exposure but maybe some ceramic coating could help that?

Sponsored

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Haha, it's actually been here for a month or two. I believe it was a factory order but the buyer ended up not taking it for whatever reason. It's beautiful. Yeah it was almost -30 Celsius last night
Ok that is what I thought.....so most likely sitting there since Oct Nov?

TLaurent8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trystan
Vehicle(s)
Ok that is what I thought.....so most likely sitting there since Oct Nov?
I think November sounds about right. I think the harsh weather scarred off potential buyers. The minute the snow is gone, this thing will be bought right away. Or you never know, maybe someone on here wants it? :like:

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nice! Welcome to the forum and great to meet a fellow Torontonian! I'm at a North York located Ford dealership (Won't specify for now haha) Is your GT on vacation for the Winter or are you braving the cold?
I think I know which Dealer, but sure, I completely understand!
So, I would love to have been able to store it and let it hibernate for winter, but the cost and logistics of storage facility in my situation makes it hard - so, its a DD! No complaints with that really. Sometimes, it's not such a bad thought when you realize that life can be too short to drive a penalty box for half the year in colder places like the 6ix.
Great to see Toronto representing here!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just seeing this reply. Any troubles in the deep stuff at all? Being able to drive it in all conditions is one thing I really love about the Mustang. Throw some Winters on it and you're good to go. The only issue I have is salt exposure but maybe some ceramic coating could help that?
In the deep stuff, the Snow/Wet mode is your best friend.
I meet a lot of people (including some friends) who think they are light on the throttle, but I notice many who think or say they are, do not really have a finite control of their foot - a lot of people have a very heavy foot. I bring this up because I like to think I have a very, very light foot when necessary but in these GTs, the 5.0 isn't even such a down-low torque monster like the LS GM engines or other OHV stuff, but a light tap, and you spin. The Snow/Wet mode really dampens throttle response more than humanly possible, and helps to get through the type of slushy wet slurry that challenges all winter tires and essentially none do well here. With the right winter tires, good disciplined throttle behaviour and general non-jackassness driving, and you're okay.
To the 2nd part of your question, (I know this is going to open a can of worms) but I rust proof all my cars - since we live in Canada - for years, and it is the light liquid product that works - period. Not the electronic rust proofing that dealers sell - those are a waste and do nothing, absolutely nothing. (I know, I'm going to offend some, especially the F&I guys) but I've used Rust Check for years, and it works. Yes, the downside is the drips but it really is not that bad after a few weeks from application. You get that every year done, and you are also golden on this front.
Ceramic coatings are really only a product designed for the surface of the vehicle for the paint. Meanwhile, the salt, slush, slurry and constant freeze/thaw wreaks havoc on cars in the northeast U.S. and in Canada. Firstly, rust cannot be 100% prevented, but it can be held at bay for an EXTREMELY long time, especially if the car was applied since new. (I don't work for any rust proofing company lol)
I can send you pics of my old car, 2005 Nissan Altima SE-R. That car, I bought when it was already 7 years old. Previous owner did not apply rust inhibitor. I did, every year, since 2012 when I got it, and up to 2018. The body was mint. No rust on the rear wheel wells, or anywhere on the body. Part that did show a little bubbling like the Shock tower weld seams and a few other places stopped in their tracks with Rust Check.
If anyone wants to keep a car long term, (i.e., does not lease, etc.) and drives in winter, and wants to keep rust at bay, I would highly suggest something like Rust Check. Krown is okay, but I don't like them because they open lights and other stuff and it's not necessary.
When I got my PP2 done, I told them do not drill holes, and they said they managed to do everywhere they would have gone via factory access points, with the exception of one small area in the rear of the trunk/quarters. So for us S550s who see daily duty, you don't even have to worry about holes being drilled, with the right technicians.

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am guessing you did not order it as Ford will not build these in the winter months....GT350's either. I would think you got a good price because of that.
Hey Iron,
Right on the money, I didn't order mine - I was monitoring an in-stock unit that had a build date of Aug 2018. So the dealer had it for a while. Most guys up here in Canada (well last summer-ish anyway, and even some dealer folks) didn't even know about a PP2 and what it was. I was probably one of the few. Now, into 2019, and especially since Ford website obviously had the configurator and PP2 option to add, more people know.
I did get a good price, I couldn't pass it and wait any longer - "it was time" lol.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ordered my PP2 in November'18. Order tracking says April of '19.[/QUOT

Mine updated today with a delivery date of 3/28. I am guessing it will fluctuate some between now and then.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
3 days yesterday. Today it says 4 days WTF?

upload_2019-2-9_9-1-32.png
Went from 3 days to delivery to 4 days on Saturday. Today it says 6 days to delivery. Typical. Why the hell would I expect anything else. Sucks!

upload_2019-2-11_6-57-35.png

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Went from 3 days to delivery to 4 days on Saturday. Today it says 6 days to delivery. Typical. Why the hell would I expect anything else. Sucks!

upload_2019-2-11_6-57-35.png
If you get it on the 6th that would be 15 days for transit.....at least it is not 28 days! The wait does get frustrating at times though and have to believe the last 10 days or so are the worst. At the moment, mine will be delivered in 45 days.
Sponsored