OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Ford makes more on the higher volume cars. The special cars don't get them as much profit. They would rather make too few than too many. And if you ask me, part of why people like a car is when they aren't super common. The GT500's purpose is to show Ford's capability and make people like OTHER Ford vehicles more so than to make a ton of money for Ford.
I agree mostly, again there is a huge difference between not making enough and oversaturating the market surely they can make more. I get supplier issues but honestly i mean really this car is NOT all that different than a regular mustang, albeit the carbon fiber crap but that's not everyones cup of tee. Make some more sell some more.

And i can definately tell you that having an awesome GT500/350 Mustang will HAVE ZERO influence on all the other cookie cutter crap they make. I will buy my cookie cutter cars and trucks based of price and taste and all the other Ford stuff IMO is just bland and horrible....

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I work partime at a dealer that sells msrp, I purchased an 07 GT500 and 16 GT350 from them. The one thing you need to do is plan early, and I mean WAY early because these dealers have a lot of interest right away because their policy is known. From experience the majority of "Waiting on the list" buyers will fall away over the course of a year or so so it pays to keep letting the dealer know you are solid. Patience is important here. I'm looking at a year two car and am working it that way.. There is unfortunately a minority of dealers.that work this way. It is probably too late even now to get one EASILY at MSRP.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I work partime at a dealer that sells msrp, I purchased an 07 GT500 and 16 GT350 from them. The one thing you need to do is plan early, and I mean WAY early because these dealers have a lot of interest right away because their policy is known. From experience the majority of "Waiting on the list" buyers will fall away over the course of a year or so so it pays to keep letting the dealer know you are solid. Patience is important here. I'm looking at a year two car and am working it that way.. There is unfortunately a minority of dealers.that work this way. It is probably too late even now to get one EASILY at MSRP.
The problem is the dealers don't even know what they will be allocated. All they know is if they are on allocation they are going to get as much as they can.
The only thing wrong with being early is most of the time the people you talk to at the dealer don't even know what's coming out.

I was standing at the Ford Dealer the day they opened the order banks for the Focus RS.
"Yes that's right. It's a Focus from Germany with 350 HP, all wheel drive, torque vectoring and 4 drive modes". And YOU can order one for me today.

Oh, I don't know anything about that. I'm going to have to talk to the sales manager and get back to you. "Well my manager says it's too early to know how many we are going to get and what price we will be selling them for but there will be an ADM for sure. If you want we can put you on a list and get back to you when we know more"

Totally amazing they are all like the guy that got his hands on a stolen diamond and have to fence it for as much as possible!

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I don't know anything about that. I'm going to have to talk to the sales manager and get back to you. "Well my manager says it's too early to know how many we are going to get and what price we will be selling them for but there will be an ADM for sure. If you want we can put you on a list and get back to you when we know more"

Totally amazing they are all like the guy that got his hands on a stolen diamond and have to fence it for as much as possible!
THIS exactly! Same $hit happened to me, making it worse is they initiated the call to me.

And honestly, from the 1/2 dozen dealers i have went to, they all seem oblivious, and i feel like I am the only one on the list and there just pulling my chain.

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
That's true, we don't know allocations yet . It's always the same "Mystery" process over and over again :shock::explode:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
THIS exactly! Same $hit happened to me, making it worse is they initiated the call to me.

And honestly, from the 1/2 dozen dealers i have went to, they all seem oblivious, and i feel like I am the only one on the list and there just pulling my chain.
At least when you go to the Porsche dealer they know what they are talking about. They're usually very knowledgeable and treat you a lot better but they still add $30,000.00 to every GT3 if you can even find one! And they have a list a mile long.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yeah i guess i completely forgot about the 'suggested' in MSRP so really everything is legit. But if FORD is in the business of making money....which i believe they are, why wouldn't they just make more cars? Explain that too me?
If you are seriously interested in a new GT500 I would suggest that you give Ford a chance to start producing the car at Flat Rock next Fall before you start making certain assumptions that this will be a very limited production car.

I find it very interesting that some individuals on this forum are already knocking the car from a performance standpoint when in fact we all know that Ford has not released any specifications for horsepower, torque, weight, acceleration, braking stats let alone speculating about very limited production numbers over the next couple of production years.

If history repeats itself based on the first two years of production numbers for the 2007/2008 GT500's I would suggest that there will be ample cars to go around and that an MSRP purchase will be attainable but like anything else in life it will be subject to numerous phone calls, hard work, reaching out to dealerships in different parts of America, a little luck, being in the right place at the right time and good overall negotiation skills.

During the first two years of production for the 2007/2008 GT500's Flat Rock produced ~19,500 cars which is just short of 10,000 cars per year.

Will Ford produce that many GT500's for the 2020/2021 MY's who knows but based on the current share value at Ford I would suggest that it is in Mr. Hackett's best interest to produce as many of these sought after Mustangs as possible which would be great for all of us Mustang enthusiasts.

I say give Ford a chance before we throw them under the bus without any confirmed production numbers for the next couple of years.

:like::like:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Keep in mind it would be illegal for Ford under its current agreements to force dealerships to do anything.

If they tried they'd lose in court.

So supply and demand will continue to do what it always does.

If you want the price to go down then wait for Ford to make more....if you want to complain, complain that Ford has not made enough to lower the prices.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
id do some searches on here for MSRP gt350 from '16 and '17. Then search thru posts and find the dealers that were named.
The big ADM dealers already have that list and they are already in line to buy. ;)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
probably... at least at the start..
if they are building 5,000 per year, lots of MSRP deals should be able to be found by year 3.
My dealer has me penciled in at #1.
I may pass on it, not 100% sure yet. waiting on mid engine Corvette news.
If the big daddy is coming right away, I may jump ship.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Ford makes more on the higher volume cars. The special cars don't get them as much profit. They would rather make too few than too many. And if you ask me, part of why people like a car is when they aren't super common. The GT500's purpose is to show Ford's capability and make people like OTHER Ford vehicles more so than to make a ton of money for Ford.

Isn’t the mustang a pretty high volume vehicle though? Thought that’s why it’s the only one sticking around. Plus a specialty vehicle based on an existing platform should have some pretty healthy profit margin’s.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
It's much easier and faster to sell a regular GT, convertible, or an EB Mustang than a GT-500 or GT-350.

For the salesperson, an enthusiast can be a real PITA asking endless questions and taking lots of time that could be spent selling 2 or 3 vehicles full pop, slam dunk.

Specialty vehicles get some people into the dealership, then they buy what they can (possibly...) afford.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's much easier and faster to sell a regular GT, convertible, or an EB Mustang than a GT-500 or GT-350.

For the salesperson, an enthusiast can be a real PITA asking endless questions and taking lots of time that could be spent selling 2 or 3 vehicles full pop, slam dunk.

Specialty vehicles get some people into the dealership, then they buy what they can (possibly...) afford.
Your probably right for the mindless generally knowledgeless salesmen i have encountered (few exceptions) it probably is easier to sell a car on the lot. But not sure how much easier it gets then here salesmen order me this car with options x, y, z, here is my check, tell me when it comes in......
Sponsored