Sponsored

GT350 will live past 2019 with GT500 engine block!

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
A) I don't know, only Ford can answer that.
B) It doesn't say whether it is or not, I said they may and so have many others.
C) Thanks for the info...
D) Good for your neighbor, I think that's great. I agree that not every car is a turd, but you're rolling the dice with the GT350. Porsche has issues that they've owned up to, for the most part. I don't see Ford admitting a design fault and swapping out engines on the GT350 like Porsche did w/ the '15 GT. That apparently is not happening as Ford is waiting it out till the warranty runs out on these cars.

So are you misinformed or uneducated?

The crank and its firing order have nothing to do with oil consumption.
Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
I do miss having a V8 in a truck. Next one will be a TR or TRX or maybe if Ford goes 7.0.
Its a 7.3 and it's not going in the raptor

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
To be honest, i felt the same way after my MT82 fiasco resulted in me taking about a $10,000 loss on an early trade in back in 2011 because i didn't want a car that couldn't be shifted when it was below 40F or you had to let it warm up for 30 minutes to be able to acquire 2nd gear.
I had the MT82 in my 2014 Mustang GT TP. It did the same thing. But I just let it warm up. I was pricing a swap out to a Tremec but that is when I bought the GT350.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
LOL @ all these people thinking that the GT500 block means CPC.

These things exist independently and are not mutually exclusive.

Let's break it down barney speed.

This is a block:

block-for-dummies.jpg

This is a FPC:

fpc-for-dummies.jpg

This is a CPC:

cpc-for-dummies.jpg

You can put either of those cranks in the same block.

This is pretty basic stuff.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
LOL @ all these people thinking that the GT500 block means CPC.

These things exist independently and are not mutually exclusive.

Let's break it down barney speed.

This is a block:

block-for-dummies.jpg

This is a FPC:

fpc-for-dummies.jpg

This is a CPC:

cpc-for-dummies.jpg

You can put either of those cranks in the same block.

This is pretty basic stuff.
Does anyone think the new block will lead to an increase in power output if they keep the FPC? I would think not since it would be in the same model year and would just be a reliability measure. Just wondering because I would be annoyed after ordering a 2019 recently if it did increase power, but if they went to a CPC I wouldn't even care because I bought the car for the FPC. On a separate note I think especially for the 2019 model year Ford has gotten most of the voodoo issues resolved and many people on here create drama for no reason.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone think the new block will lead to an increase in power output if they keep the FPC? I would think not since it would be in the same model year and would just be a reliability measure. Just wondering because I would be annoyed after ordering a 2019 recently if it did increase power, but if they went to a CPC I wouldn't even care because I bought the car for the FPC. On a separate note I think especially for the 2019 model year Ford has gotten most of the voodoo issues resolved and many people on here create drama for no reason.
Seeing as the current block foesntd have issues holding power I dont see the block bring the reason they up power

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Well I decided to get a 2019 Raptor and just traded in the R tonight. I
figured I would rather get out a little early before the resale takes to big of a hit. I will certainly miss it but I also figure I can find a good clean low mileage used to one in a year or two.

Gonna miss you all here!

Cheers
I thought about getting the Raptor, as well. Giving up on the whole car thing... I'm afraid i'll miss it. Good on you for moving on.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
You cant be misinformed or uneducated if Ford continues to leave us all in the dark about the FPC issues :headbang:

Yeah I'll probably go Mopar again. The new Ram 1500's are really nice.

Yep the FPC is the one Ford chose not to use after they had longevity issues. Pretty simple to use the CPC crank they could rely on.

How is ford leaving you in the dark? Oil consumption is only caused by a few things.
Hint, the style of crankshaft isnt one of them.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yep the FPC is the one Ford chose not to use in racing after they had longevity issues. Pretty simple to use the CPC crank they could rely on. This is likely the reason people think that they MAY go CPC with this new block. Why would they voluntarily continue to warranty failed engines if the FPC concept is the culprit of all these failed engines, in which we don't know because they won't admit that they have a problem.
Do you happen to have a source saying the switch to CPC in GT4 was based on longevity issues? Unless anything new came to light the switch being related to longevity issues was more a theory derived from forum solipsism disregarding the very likely possibility that it had to do with BOP and engine rules and requirements.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I don't think you need to come up with a bunch of reasons for Ford going to a CPC in the 350 other than to reduce the variations and cost. If they can build a CPC 5.2 that produces the same (or maybe highter) numbers than the FPC, why bother?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm a justice warrior...:thumbsup:
Your justice is shitting on the owners of the car.
I don't think you need to come up with a bunch of reasons for Ford going to a CPC in the 350 other than to reduce the variations and cost. If they can build a CPC 5.2 that produces the same (or maybe highter) numbers than the FPC, why bother?
There is more to an engine than just max power. Exhaust noise,induction noise,redline,power curve,tq,how quickly it revs. etc etc

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Of course not. Do you think they would have ever revealed that, especially when they made the switch so early in the production run?
No I don't. So that leads me to question the derivation of your statement "they had longevity issues."

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I've been trying bite my tongue, but have to speak up, as Randy M is just spouting off with unsubstantiated conjecture that can't go unchallenged any longer. The GT350R-C (with FPC) did great in its first few races during the 2015 season and decisively won the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (IMSA) the following year. A great group of engineers and racers (KohR, Multimatic, Roush, Ford Performance, etc...) then developed that car further to compete with a broader range of sanctioning bodies and the car grew into the Mustang GT-4. That new ready-built race car did change from the FPC to a CPC, but it wasn't because the FPC was inherently bad or suffered too many failures (see the aforementioned championship), but rather because it was basically deemed overkill. Because the Voodoo engine was already well beyond the horsepower limits of the sanctioning bodies, the engineers and engine builders chose to de-tune the engine in a way that provided more low and mid-rang power. The reduction from high-strung configuration to more lazy power certainly resulted in less NVH, but was really the result of being able to make the class regulated output without needing to push the internals - in large part, because the engine had more displacement than other competitors.

Randy M - I get it - you're unhappy with the Voodoo. But if you're going to bash it, at least be factual.

Here's a good article on development and evolution of the GT4 as it grew out of the dominant GT350R-C program.

https://www.fordnxt.com/features/car-features/a-detailed-look-at-the-kohr-mustang-gt4-road-racer/