Sponsored

GT350 will live past 2019 with GT500 engine block!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Using the same block for the GT350 and GT500 appears to be a great cost saving measure. I just hope Ford puts a FPC in the block that goes into the future GT350. I would not be surprised to see a CPC in a version of the GT350 with an auto transmission.
I do not see why the block would effect what crank they use. Of all the issues people complain about none of them have anything to do with the crank or quite frankly the block.
Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I am unclear of why you see the GT350 as not daily drive-able. I see it as very daily drive-able. Please explain.
Perhaps he is just saying once he hits that level of $$$ investment, he would be too stressed to leave it in the parking lot at work all day or at the busy grocery store etc rather than a commentary about it's driveability?

I just bring that up because my wife had that issue with my RCF (They cost about $80,000 fully loaded at MSRP). It wasn't she didn't like it, it was she didn't like the responsibility of such an expensive car when used for mundane daily duties.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Perhaps he is just saying once he hits that level of $$$ investment, he would be too stressed to leave it in the parking lot at work all day or at the busy grocery store etc rather than a commentary about it's driveability?

I just bring that up because my wife had that issue with my RCF (They cost about $80,000 fully loaded at MSRP). It wasn't she didn't like it, it was she didn't like the responsibility of such an expensive car when used for mundane daily duties.
I definitely see this side of the equation. The days I drive my R to work are days that the parking lot is nearly empty. And I worry that someday I'll come out of Home Depot with my bag of screws or something and My R will be on blocks, my emblems stripped off and wingless trunk popped open. Lol.

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
I definitely see this side of the equation. The days I drive my R to work are days that the parking lot is nearly empty. And I worry that someday I'll come out of Home Depot with my bag of screws or something and My R will be on blocks, my emblems stripped off and wingless trunk popped open. Lol.
I drive my R almost everywhere and one thing I like about it is that it can somewhat hide in plain sight. People that aren't car enthusiast have no idea it's not just a regular mustang, it could be an ecoboost for all they know. They don't know it has CF wheels or that anything on it is special or expensive. It's only car enthusiast that know what it is and most of them just want to look at it if they don't see them very often.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I drive my R almost everywhere and one thing I like about it is that it can somewhat hide in plain sight. People that aren't car enthusiast have no idea it's not just a regular mustang, it could be an ecoboost for all they know. They don't know it has CF wheels or that anything on it is special or expensive. It's only car enthusiast that know what it is and most of them just want to look at it if they don't see them very often.
Ya I think you're right. A lot of my friends just notice I got a new Mustang. They really have no idea what it is.

Neighbor: I noticed you got new camaro.
Me: Ya it's a Shelby ZL1.
Neighbor: Cool

Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
From the sounds of it the GT350 will live beyond MY 2019.. however, the R will not.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's exactly what it is. It's a way to not admit any fault of the FPC, quietly replace engines that grenade under warranty and let the warranty run out for the rest of them. Going forward this new block is likely to reduce their exposure. If it goes CPC, the case is closed that they made a mistake with the FPC.
The bitterness is amazing here. Every time you post - that's all you talk about. It's crap, it will blow up, they have all blown up, they made a mistake, they are hiding something...I'm so happy with my Porsche. We get it. Hilarious and annoying at the same time. Anything useful to post, ever?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Probably to sell yours before it pops, seizes, burns a gallon of oil on your daily commute etc. That's what I did with my 2nd one, I sold my replacement car, no confidence in the concept. How about you? Do you trust Ford that they haven't identified a problem? Or do you think that they do in fact know exactly what the issue is, and they're just waiting it out? Now there's a new block revealed by Ford, possibly going back to CPC as well. Hmm...what do you think? Let's hear your argument that the FPC is solid, doesn't burn oil, total confidence in the engine and that you're being fed the truth by Ford.
We get it you had a bad experience. We all feel for you. But whats the point? Do you want to make everyone else feel bad about their car they STILL own? There are like 3 threads on issues with the car. It just sounds like sour grapes.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

That is part of it. It is more a race built engine, and I would be concerned about putting too high of mileage on it. My GT is almost at 50,000. It is definitely, in my opinion, built with more of a daily driver mentality. The FPC in the GT-350 (in my judgement alone) is built more as a specialty, low mileage engine. I could be totally wrong, but it would always be in the back of my mind. That is, of course, taking out the ~20k premium of buying one...

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
That is part of it. It is more a race built engine, and I would be concerned about putting too high of mileage on it. My GT is almost at 50,000. It is definitely, in my opinion, built with more of a daily driver mentality. The FPC in the GT-350 (in my judgement alone) is built more as a specialty, low mileage engine. I could be totally wrong, but it would always be in the back of my mind. That is, of course, taking out the ~20k premium of buying one...

My plan is to beat the hell out of my 2018 until about 2022 or 2023 and pick up a new-ish lightly used GT500 once the new release demand wears off and used ones hit the market.

FWIW right now is a great time to start looking at a used GT350. I predict there will be a few high rollers in every town that will pay the dealer mark up on GT500s and trade in their barely used GT350s and suddenly 3 to 10 of them will show up used on lots all at the same time in many towns and the already falling market will hit in the 30k range.

Same thing happend when the 13GT500 came out with 662hp and the 2011 and 2012's suddenly dropped to the very low 40k range for very lightly used examples.

I don't expect the new GT500s to have hit the low 40k range by 2023 but the high 40k to low 50k range I think might be feasable. I will gladly make that deal when the time comes probably. I won't mind daily driving something that i got in the high 40s to low 50s the way i mind daily driving something that is in the low to mid 70s.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have 47,000 miles and counting, as I build a canyon carver for the twisty's. GT 350R I would like to own but am happy building my base GT to handle these coastal hwy's and hill country of Texas. Track & Drag a GT 500, I can only dream.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Beating A GT350s handling and braking isn't hard if you have the cash If you have an 18 auto keeping up with it naturally aspirated isn't hard either. The challenge I think is probably cooling features and durability. That "race engine" is going to be just as durable as any thing and the GT350 as a whole is set up dissipate heat and take abuse better than a regular GT. You can eventually get there but you'll probably replace more to do it . Although I some times get the feeling that there are more people who track and even race regular GTs than 350s. If you just want a poor man's GT350 for the streets, it's not hard at all. That isn't meant to be an insult to the 350 as much as it is a compliment to the after market we have.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have 47,000 miles and counting, as I build a canyon carver for the twisty's. GT 350R I would like to own but am happy building my base GT to handle these coastal hwy's and hill country of Texas. Track & Drag a GT 500, I can only dream.
I guess it is possible to buy a wrecked GT350 and take engine and usable parts and create your own home grown GT350. Maybe it could be done.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I guess it is possible to buy a wrecked GT350 and take engine and usable parts and create your own home grown GT350. Maybe it could be done.
I think he is just saying copying the GT 350s spring rates, damperners, braking ability, etc. Not actually doing a FPC Coyote swap.