October 2018 Mustang Sales

Ratfink53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium
I see that. Who is the big dealer everyone gets Mustangs from down there?
I bought mine from palmetto ford. There are other dealers here but I don’t know if they have the deal.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Never drove a Challenger. Sat in one at a January Auto Show. A trusted Mustang buddy drove one and said he liked it.
Smooth ride, roomy back seat. Big power if you buy that option. Totally fine Detroit iron. I understand the appeal of the
big HP Dodge. I am surprised it outsold Mustang, but it is a free country. The cars are not free, nor is the insurance, taxes,
motor fuel, or maintenance. I think Mustang is a better total ownership experience, but different strokes and different wallets.
Recalling a post here on a past sales forum thread, one wrote that the Challenger felt like sitting in a cave.
I think that is fair. That is kind of what I felt sitting in the static car at the auto show. I like to drive, I think of the
three US muscle cars, the Mustang better connects the driver to what is outside the car and where it is tracking.
The Dodge and Camaro seem to hide the road from the driver. Mustangs, especially the S550s, lay the road out in front of
you, you can see it, feel it, and work it anyway you want. Drive what u like, like what u drive.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I've owned tons of mustangs corvettes and camaros over the years ..they are all great cars and all have ups and downs .But competition is needed to keep raising the bar . it pushes them to improve and make more power . Something we all benefit from.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I've owned tons of mustangs corvettes and camaros over the years ..they are all great cars and all have ups and downs .But competition is needed to keep raising the bar . it pushes them to improve and make more power . Something we all benefit from.
I could do without the crazy people trying to file lawsuits everyday and making threats.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I could do without the crazy people trying to file lawsuits everyday and making threats.
To many people out there offended by everything the human race has become a bunch of cry babies. As I've said before There's no hope for the human race.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
To many people out there offended by everything the human race has become a bunch of cry babies. As I've said before There's no hope for the human race.
What you said just offended me man. You need to be more sensitive. I will be in my safe zone for the next 30 minutes if someone asks for me....

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
What you said just offended me man. You need to be more sensitive. I will be in my safe zone for the next 30 minutes if someone asks for me....
OK, when you come out, what do you think about Challenger outselling Mustang?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I see that. Who is the big dealer everyone gets Mustangs from down there?
I am a big fan of Jones Ford personally. I am on my second car from them. Palmetto Ford on Savannah Hwy are a bunch of crooks. No experience with Summerville Ford.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I bought mine from palmetto ford. There are other dealers here but I don’t know if they have the deal.
That place disgusts me. I hope you had a better experience. Early last year, I went there to test drive a 2017. I didn't know what the deals were for lease and financing (never tried to lease one). I knew the 2018 was going to be improved, so I thought I could get a short lease then buy the next gen once the lease was over. I played the game as I have done in the past with leases. Test drive, get a feel for the car and pricing, then sit down and talk straight purchase numbers. I had them down a few thousand from MSRP, and then asked for lease and financing options. Financing wasn't great at the time percentage wise, and I really didn't want a 17 for 5-6 years. When I pushed to lease, they basically told me Ford doesn't want to lease the car and has horrible rates. The lease payments were way higher than a 5 year loan. They made me sign some papers to get my numbers, which was odd to me. When we couldn't work out a lease, the finance manager threw a pissy fit. He whined that we already started signing papers and he thought I was a serious buyer. I told him I signed just because they wouldn't give me numbers without. When I told him I was done, because they couldn't get me what I wanted, he walked me down the hallway and just walked away. No handshake. No thanks for coming in and please come back later to work on the 2018 (which I told them I really wanted). F*ck that place. Seedy people with no class. The sales guy was nice, but that was about it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
That place disgusts me. I hope you had a better experience. Early last year, I went there to test drive a 2017. I didn't know what the deals were for lease and financing (never tried to lease one). I knew the 2018 was going to be improved, so I thought I could get a short lease then buy the next gen once the lease was over. I played the game as I have done in the past with leases. Test drive, get a feel for the car and pricing, then sit down and talk straight purchase numbers. I had them down a few thousand from MSRP, and then asked for lease and financing options. Financing wasn't great at the time percentage wise, and I really didn't want a 17 for 5-6 years. When I pushed to lease, they basically told me Ford doesn't want to lease the car and has horrible rates. The lease payments were way higher than a 5 year loan. They made me sign some papers to get my numbers, which was odd to me. When we couldn't work out a lease, the finance manager threw a pissy fit. He whined that we already started signing papers and he thought I was a serious buyer. I told him I signed just because they wouldn't give me numbers without. When I told him I was done, because they couldn't get me what I wanted, he walked me down the hallway and just walked away. No handshake. No thanks for coming in and please come back later to work on the 2018 (which I told them I really wanted). F*ck that place. Seedy people with no class. The sales guy was nice, but that was about it.
Yea I usually piss the finance guys off because I get my financing secured thru my credit union before I show up at the dealership and I don’t get any of there xtra’s like paint protection, extended warranties etc. There smiles fall away and then they start to get an attitude because they can’t up sell me anything. Im like oh well :)

Ratfink53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium
Yep, I visited Summerville ford first, but they would not give me even the KBB trade in value on my Honda.
I then visited palmetto ford knowing that if I didn’t get my price, that would just walk away. They of course started too low, and after pushing back and forth, I said give my key to my Honda because I am going to Jones... they eventually gave me what wanted on trade in and 4,500 off of the sticker. A lot of dealers now screen customers that do online inquiries and then hand them off to young sales people who don’t make much money as salesmen used to. The sals manager was pretty much a jerk as expected now a days.
I really hate the sales process that we have to endure now. I’d rather go to the dentist!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OK, when you come out, what do you think about Challenger outselling Mustang?
Ah, man, I am also offended by the Challenger. Back to the safe zone...:frown:

OK, in all seriousness, the Challenger is doing much better than I would have guessed. Older design, has not really changed that much in a very long time. Gotta hand it to Chrysler, they are milking that R&D budget. Definitely the best of the big 3 at advertising their performance models, Ford seems to think that if you build the Mustang, they will come. Not much in the way of selling it off the lots. Also, the Challenger is a bit more livable with the usable back seat and much more usable trunk. Not for me, but I can see the appeal.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I see a Challenger doing burnouts on TV commercials every day. Can't remember the last time I saw a Mustang commercial. Ford is kinda strange.
Sponsored