Sponsored

October 2018 Mustang Sales

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If I liked big cars with lazy V8s I would have bought a Challenger. It's way more comfortable than the Mustang on a daily drive. I can sure understand why a lot of people buy them. In 2015 Ford redesigned the Mustang seats making them too narrow for me. It's one of the few things I don't like about the Mustang - crappy seats. IMO it's also too big of a car as well.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Although I've had about enough of FCA quality with the Jeeps I own (and have owned), I'd love to have a Scat Pack Challenger in the garage next to the Mustang if I had the room. Ordered to my specs, of course.

A buddy had a nice R/T a couple of years ago (until my '15 prompted him to buy a '16 GT/CS), and I understand the appeal.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I see a Challenger doing burnouts on TV commercials every day. Can't remember the last time I saw a Mustang commercial. Ford is kinda strange.
I haven't see any Mustang commercials in a very long time. If Ford would advertise the Mustang like FCA does Challenger then Ford would sell a hellva lot more Mustangs

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's awful damn funny you can go to the gm authority web site and find chevy sales reporting for October showing total sales and truck sales and suv sales but no break down of car sales must be to embarrassing :bandit: :giggle:

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
I think it's awful damn funny you can go to the gm authority web site and find chevy sales reporting for October showing total sales and truck sales and suv sales but no break down of car sales must be to embarrassing :bandit: :giggle:
Ford is cutting most of their car lineup, isn’t that even funnier?

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Sales are fine you troll. ATP is what matters. GM is making huge money on each Camaro while Ford is scraping for pennies with the petty fleet sales. Mustang owners got scammed paying more for less performance hahahahahahaha

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I see a Challenger doing burnouts on TV commercials every day. Can't remember the last time I saw a Mustang commercial. Ford is kinda strange.
It is more satisfying to drive a well engineered car than a noisy advertising campaign.
Every time a challenger or charger spots me it rushes up and does something stupid.
Kiss M A. There is a certain species of driver in this state, identified by scientists,
as "buffunomissourianus". Most of them drive challengers. When I wrote I understand
the appeal of the big body big horse challenger i did not write that i admire they who
challenger appeals to. If you make a taxi cab fast all you have is a fast taxi cab.
OMG challenger sucks!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I heard today that GM is planning to lay off ~15,000 North American workers and cut some cars out of their lineup. Yes - I think you are 100% right with using the word embarrassing.

I do hope they don't cut the Camaro or Corvette.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I heard today that GM is planning to lay off ~15,000 North American workers and cut some cars out of their lineup. Yes - I think you are 100% right with using the word embarrassing.

I think you heard some fake news.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Corvette will be fine, but Camaro might not. We shall see.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
They sell more Impalas than camaro's you can bet camaro is gone :rain:
I don't have a feel for GM keeping or axing the Camaro. I suspect that Camaro is not a profit center for GM.
C5G rolled out May 2009. C6G rolled out Winter '15/'16. Come May '19 the Camaro bring-back is ten years old. GM tooled two plants for a decade of production. Since the top seller C5G sales years there is a downward curve on Camaro sales.. Ford tooled Flat Rock for 10 years of S197. C5G led sales for the second half of S197, but S197 sales were strong at 92% of C5G. That is a success for the live axle S197 tooling. Probably the S550 Flat Rock retool was more efficient than pouring new concrete on virgin ground. S550 delivered winning sales for Mustang and I suspect has paid off the tooling. Muscle/Pony car sales are depressed right now. Ford can carry Mustang and realize a marginal profit. Camaro is a red ink stain on the GM books. Only corporate pride in the badge will save Camaro.
Sponsored

Last edited: