Other drivers expectations

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
anyone ever feel like other motorist expect you to drive like a dick just because you’re in a mustang? Like if someone gets behind you and rides your ass cause they are expecting you to gun it at every light? And then when you’re doing some gas friendly driving they upset about it? Obviously I don’t know what they’re thinking, it’s just a feeling I get.
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I just get the occasional dipshit that wants to try to stay a head of you. Then just gets in the way. They’re always in some p.o.s. car in their late 20’s and early 30’s.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I get people who just have to get in front of me all the time. Might be something to do with the red, but my gray '16 got it too.

When I was driving a Scat Pack Shaker Challenger, which was pretty aggressive, it rarely happened.

No idea why Mustangs bring this out.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I've really noticed other cars in the left lane pulling over letting me by on the highway. It seems the Mustang gets more respect than usual in that situation.
Might not be respect as much as an assumption that a fast-moving Mustang will be more likely to attract "official attention". "Let the bear bait through", as the saying used to go.

Norm

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've noticed a few other performance cars weaving through traffic to catch up.

I've really noticed other cars in the left lane pulling over letting me by on the highway. It seems the Mustang gets more respect than usual in that situation.
This.

Had several BMW, Camaro, BRZ/FRS, other Mustangs.. all do the duck and weave in traffic to either cruise or want to play.

OP
OP
Kaw8787

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I get a lot of dudes in diesel pick ups who rev at me especially on the highway. I avoid and ignore people who try and race me. I have a class A CDL I drive for a living and my license is my livelihood. Not worth it.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
This happens in my Truck, Harley and wifes Subaru, It's not exclusively to Mustangs or fast cars. People drive really horrible today running red lights, tailgating etc.etc. Everything is broken :explode:

Years ago when I got tailgated I'd make that persons life hell, Brake check them or wait till a stop and get out of the car etc.etc. Now i've come to realize I can't fix the world so I pull over and let them pass me.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
anyone ever feel like other motorist expect you to drive like a dick just because you’re in a mustang? Like if someone gets behind you and rides your ass cause they are expecting you to gun it at every light? And then when you’re doing some gas friendly driving they upset about it? Obviously I don’t know what they’re thinking, it’s just a feeling I get.
No.

What other people think about my car means slightly less than 0 to me. I care about how I enjoy driving it, the fun of it.

Try feeling less, it's a great liberator.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What other people think about my car means slightly less than 0 to me. I care about how I enjoy driving it, the fun of it.

This ↑↑↑

Though I have been known to make a lazy short-shift up into 2nd gear when crowded from behind too closely at a traffic light. But that happens no matter which car I'm driving.

Norm

Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Get the feeling. No. It happens. When I had the 16 GT some guy in a four door Focus wanted to race. I laughed. What the hell did he think he was going to do to a 5.0.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
No.

100%. Not interested in what everybody else is doing, just what to do my thing and enjoy my car....I don't mind if someone wants to run with me, that's OK, so long as they take their turn in front, but the dip...ts that speed up to try and stop you passing them do annoy me, and of course once you are past, that try and stick with you for a mile or so, until something distracts them, then they are gone.....

I do find the car a bit more polarizing. You get more cars willing to move out of the way, but you also get more cars wanting to either "play" or be "dip...is"

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
On my commute, I'm left lane 7-9mph over, passing most of the way. Straight shot, no funny business people. I need to get to work.

Any other time, I tend to hang out in the right lane just rollin'. On occasion, a crotch rocket shows up and wants to play. Lots of fun when there's no traffic.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Might not be respect as much as an assumption that a fast-moving Mustang will be more likely to attract "official attention". "Let the bear bait through", as the saying used to go.

Norm
Nope, these days my cruising speed is well within the tolerance range of all but the strictest trooper. I save speed for the track
Sponsored