Sponsored

I Friggin' Love My Car

careature

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 2017 pp
I really like my my car as well but I can't get over the thought that I should have bought a Premium and I should have bought a dark color like my soul. lol Competition Orange is eye catching but without the metal Flake, it just looks dull all the time.

I have no complaints about it mechanically and fully expected the lower quality plastic interiors. In the end, it's just a $20k pony car that we can do anything to. I don't think they were ever meant to be the Grand Touring cars that the GT suggests. They especially were never meant to be $80k+ GT500's but that's another tangent, lol.
1200rollingshopped.jpg
I was hugely attracted by grabber blue, but as shopping for car price was taking its time I started thinking that I should get something darker and ended up getting lightning blue. But still think grabber blue with black top would be very nice combo.

If they had nightmist blue - that would be my prefered color.
Sponsored

careature

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 2017 pp
I'm with you OP, I love my S550. It looks and sounds great, moves like the wind and puts a smile on my face everytime I see it.

One thing that has impressed me with it is that it's a surprisingly high quality car considering the price I bought it for. I've never had any
mechanical failures, squeaks etc. I do take pretty good care of it though, I only install high quality parts and do all the maintenance myself.

This car is too much fun...especially at the track!

PSX_20180917_120547.jpg
Very nice color.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I like this thread and I love my car, too. After 3.5 years of ownership and nearly 40k miles, I still look forward to getting behind the wheel every single time. Hasn't given me any major issues, and the small ones (door still rattles w/ louder music, awful lumbar support positioning, etc.) melt away as soon as I accelerate through the gears.

It still looks great and I think it's aging well, tied with the '68 as my favorite Mustang design. Friends and family always laugh when they catch me staring at it.

I really have no clue what I would replace it with in the near future, aside from maybe the new Bullitt. Of course there are things I wish my car had like Sync 3/CarPlay or the digital dash, but oh well. I have a strict set of requirements when it comes to my cars at this point in my life: must have 3 pedals, I have to wanna look back at it every time I walk away, and it has to give me the fizz anytime I give it some beans. There really aren't many options out there that could do all of those things as well as my car, especially at the price point, and the options are dwindling with the continuing disappearance of manuals. The more time goes by, the more I realize I'll probably end up holding onto it until I can afford something like a 911 GTS. That could be 10-15 years from now, and I'm totally fine with it.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love my car too!. It has 19k miles on it with zero problems. I've been thinking about trading it in for a '19 with pp1 and active exhaust and magneride.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I really like my my car as well but I can't get over the thought that I should have bought a Premium and I should have bought a dark color like my soul. lol Competition Orange is eye catching but without the metal Flake, it just looks dull all the time.

I have no complaints about it mechanically and fully expected the lower quality plastic interiors. In the end, it's just a $20k pony car that we can do anything to. I don't think they were ever meant to be the Grand Touring cars that the GT suggests. They especially were never meant to be $80k+ GT500's but that's another tangent, lol.
1200rollingshopped.jpg
You could always do a wrap or Autoflex from dipyourcar. Depends upon how long you want to keep it though.. The quality of the paint is honestly my #1 gripe about the car. Too thin, chips and scratches easily. If it were something I was going to keep long term I would invest the 5k and get a proper paint job done.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
My car is a 2016 GT PP bought it dic. 2015 it has 10,000 miles its not my daily driver its a weekend warrior the only thing that happend is that the air conditioning failed. They changed the evaporator core yes the dash came out but it has no signs or was left with weird noises they did a good job at it.
It only has a drop in air filter dry one.
I have done more the 150+ drag races thats from a dig and roll racing. The rear tires had to change them out at 8000miles but i did abuse them with all that racing.
Car has no rattling noises it feels tight as the first day i bought it. No oil consumption between oil changes every 3000miles using the oil monitor. And using motorcraft 5w-20.
I have always owed sport cars this was my first mustang and it has been more reliable then the other cars ive owned in the past bmws and mitsu evos.
The car brings a smile to my face everytime i play with it.
IMG-20180928-WA0031.jpeg
IMG-20180928-WA0025.jpeg

Last edited:

Conga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
With all the threads and posts about issues, filled with negativity, and hurt emotions, I just thought I'd share that at 2 years and 22K miles, I still love my beast. And I do DD it.
Thank your for posting, we certainly need more like this. Loving my 2018PP2.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Timely thread. I have about one month left with my Mustang. I found out I will need to geographical bachelor it in DC for a couple of years until I can retire while my family stays in PA. A Mustang GT simply doesn't make financial sense in that scenario so I will be getting a really cheap car to do the commuting business. I hope to be back in a Mustang in model year 20 or 21 if Ford doesn't completely screw it up with all this SUV/4 door talk. Maybe a GT500 will fit the bill. Until I sell it though, I am going to drive it like I stole it for a month.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Nice positive thread...

I've only had my MY19 Bullitt for 2 1/2 months and have put 2,300km on it with a couple of trips through the mountains into the southern interior of BC, but this car does something no other car that I can remember. Driving this car stirs the soul. It stirs emotional feelings. It's amazing, and the looks it gets makes you feel special. It's something about the Mustang. There are plenty of cars that are faster, better build quality, better technology (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus….) but they have little or no soul....

While the build quality may not be up to German car standard, I'm very happy with the quality of my Mustang...
DSC06019.JPG

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Love my car. First brand new vehicle I ever bought. People ask me about it constantly and love to look under the hood thanks to extra goodness from Whipple. Too bad it's gonna have to stable for the winter soon
IMG_20181004_144115692_HDR.jpg
Beautiful car, where are you in Wisconsin?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My car is a 2016 GT PP bought it dic. 2015 it has 10,000 miles its not my daily driver its a weekend warrior the only thing that happend is that the air conditioning failed. They changed the evaporator core yes the dash came out but it has no signs or was left with weird noises they did a good job at it.
It only has a drop in air filter dry one.
I have done more the 150+ drag races thats from a dig and roll racing. The rear tires had to change them out at 8000miles but i did abuse them with all that racing.
Car has no rattling noises it feels tight as the first day i bought it. No oil consumption between oil changes every 3000miles using the oil monitor. And using motorcraft 5w-20.
I have always owed sport cars this was my first mustang and it has been more reliable then the other cars ive owned in the past bmws and mitsu evos.
The car brings a smile to my face everytime i play with it.
IMG-20180928-WA0031.jpeg
IMG-20180928-WA0025.jpeg
Love the silver color, beautiful car.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
F1E03DBE-ECED-41AA-A77F-D07A52AA85A7.jpeg
I own a 2015 base model (w/ 41,000 trouble free smiles(sic), and I have to say, my favorite car by far. The only car that comes close was my ‘91 Sentra SE-R, which was a blast, but the S550 is at another level. Pericak and his team did a great job. They were channeling the one when designing this vehicle.

Last edited: