Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So my 2016 Mustang GT Premium with Nav is officially on Sync 3 v3! it worked like a charm.not sure why but android auto is requiring me to use the USB cord. All of the apps work now but it has to have the USB plugged in. Ford Mytouch works and so does Pandora over bluetooth. Odd! Thanks again for the help!
Unfortunately most implementations of Android Auto are all USB based. There are a few headunits and phones that support wireless AA, but no OEM versions yet.
Sponsored

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Unfortunately most implementations of Android Auto are all USB based. There are a few headunits and phones that support wireless AA, but no OEM versions yet.
Got it. I'm not even mad! At least working. Just got a new note 8 and it seems to be running AA perfectly. I did notice VLC is an option, does that really work? that's scary but neat as an option at the same time if a passenger wants to connect and watch something.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just audio probably, I don't think AA supports video playback at all lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So my 2016 Mustang GT Premium with Nav is officially on Sync 3 v3! it worked like a charm.not sure why but android auto is requiring me to use the USB cord. All of the apps work now but it has to have the USB plugged in. Ford Mytouch works and so does Pandora over bluetooth. Odd! Thanks again for the help!
android auto always requires USB cable to work, doesnt work wirelessly

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So my backup camera is acting up. Anyone experienced this? Planning on going back to the dealer this weekend for a couple of things I found. Only had it for 5 days, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the Sync update...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Doubtful it is the Sync update, seems like the connection might be bad. If you had done the swap yourself, it might make sense but since you have a Premium, something might have knocked a bit lose in the back. Should still be under warranty so I'd stop by the dealer.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Doubtful it is the Sync update, seems like the connection might be bad. If you had done the swap yourself, it might make sense but since you have a Premium, something might have knocked a bit lose in the back. Should still be under warranty so I'd stop by the dealer.
Yeah I sent him the video and said to bring it down. I didn't think it would be the update but with my luck and right after I installed it. Timing couldn't have been worse. Appreciate the help again Nagare!

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Sygic just updated their iOS app to add CarPlay support. iPhone users now have 4 navigation options to chose from with CarPlay.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So my backup camera is acting up. Anyone experienced this? Planning on going back to the dealer this weekend for a couple of things I found. Only had it for 5 days, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the Sync update...
Is it freezing?
Some of the original APIMs in the 2016s have a known issue of not working in the cold. There is a TSB about it, but since it's not a safety issue, no recall. I kept my receipt and I'm waiting for the class action suit. the TSB was put out in April 2017... after the cold was gone so a lot of people had warranties expire between the TSB and the next freezing day which resulted in out of pocket repairs to an issue Ford knew about.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is it freezing?
Some of the original APIMs in the 2016s have a known issue of not working in the cold. There is a TSB about it, but since it's not a safety issue, no recall. I kept my receipt and I'm waiting for the class action suit. the TSB was put out in April 2017... after the cold was gone so a lot of people had warranties expire between the TSB and the next freezing day which resulted in out of pocket repairs to an issue Ford knew about.
That's crap TexasRebel, totally not the right move. For me it's flickering and it looks like the screen is rolling. I think it does have to do with the cold, we just had our first fairly cold morning here in North Carolina. Then at lunch after it getting warmer outside it worked fine. I'm still taking it in, shouldn't be happening after I just purchased it. It's not even 5 days old, yes it's a '16 but new to me.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
could be water damage

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
so my problem with Android Auto is that whenever I use navigation, mostly Waze, after the voice gives me directions and it goes back to the audio the volume of the audio is about 1/2 of what it was and I have to manually increase the volume. Is there someplace in the settings of Waze that I can adjust.
It's a pain to keep cranking the volume after directions.
Sponsored