Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I wonder how the sound will be in comparison to some of the ford performance by borla cat/axle backs..

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I'd be tempted if I lived somewhere warm and dry, but I'm skeptical that the system would survive the winter ice and salt on the roads where I am.

EcoboostRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I'd be tempted if I lived somewhere warm and dry, but I'm skeptical that the system would survive the winter ice and salt on the roads where I am.

You cannot move south to a state that doesn't have snow and ice? But I can tell you that warm doesn't mean dry. In South Florida warm means rain all the time.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I just found a video of the new active exhaust and I'm beyond impressed!
[ame]

Sponsored

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Sounds exactly like my Ford Performance Borla Axle Backs...NICE

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Sounds like my setup with the full MBRP Exhaust and DP.

Sponsored

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
Sounds like my setup with the full MBRP Exhaust and DP.
I have an 18 with the same cat back; I also have the downtube but havent installed it yet while waiting for the tune to be available.
I was wondering if you did your install in stages and if so how much difference in sound (and performance) the downtube adds?
Thanks.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an 18 with the same cat back; I also have the downtube but havent installed it yet while waiting for the tune to be available.
I was wondering if you did your install in stages and if so how much difference in sound (and performance) the downtube adds?
Thanks.
I did mine in stages and since I bought an unlimited tune, it worked out well for me. Sound will be increased drastically with the downpipe and will add some more vibrations inside the car. For those that don't like it very loud, I don't recommend going that route. Performance gains is minimal with downpipe, but it's still a gain. The reason the downpipe is recommended is to avoid restrictions and have a better exhaust flow. However, without a tune, you will feel a downgrade in performance. At least that's how it felt for me. I don't have numbers to prove it, but it felt super slow and laggy. After the tune, everything was awaken and felt awesome lol. I have a few videos on my setup. Hopefully it helps.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way on my 2018, I plan to just do an IC upgrade and a muffler delete. My focus on the new build will be cosmetics and style. I may not focusing on performance like I did on my 2016. At least not for the first couple of years.

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
By the way on my 2018, I plan to just do an IC upgrade and a muffler delete. My focus on the new build will be cosmetics and style. I may not focusing on performance like I did on my 2016. At least not for the first couple of years.
Ive done all the bolt-ons except for the downpipe; Ive been scolded that without a tune its at least going to throw codes and perform worse if not cause damage; your experience confirms.
Given my wife's reaction to the exhaust change and your comments on the downpipe install I may tune first and see what that does, then try the downpipe a few weeks later; its an easy install and if its making me sleep on the couch well, what's another 90 minutes in the driveway.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive done all the bolt-ons except for the downpipe; Ive been scolded that without a tune its at least going to throw codes and perform worse if not cause damage; your experience confirms.
Given my wife's reaction to the exhaust change and your comments on the downpipe install I may tune first and see what that does, then try the downpipe a few weeks later; its an easy install and if its making me sleep on the couch well, what's another 90 minutes in the driveway.
Sounds like a good plan ha ha ha... I left the downpipe for last as well. I love the sound TBH, but it can get annoying after a while. Anyhow, let me know how it goes once it's all in and tuned. Do you have a YT channel?
Sponsored