Sponsored

2019 Ecoboost gets active-valve exhaust

Brodirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Ecoboost AT PP every option.
Sounds like a good plan ha ha ha... I left the downpipe for last as well. I love the sound TBH, but it can get annoying after a while. Anyhow, let me know how it goes once it's all in and tuned. Do you have a YT channel?
No youtube posting for me; I use it solely for research.
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I found that my 2018 EB has the harness for a retrofit for the active exhaust as plug and play. I might try to do it sometime early next year. If someone gets to try it before me, should be nice to know if it worked.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an interesting detail of the 2019 EB active exhaust... no resonator. When I put mine on stands to replace the springs, I was pleasantly surprised. After the cat there is just a Y pipe, with nothing else inline all the way back to the muffler. Based on the 15-18, i was doing homework on a resonator delete, only to find that ford had done it for me!

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Here is an interesting detail of the 2019 EB active exhaust... no resonator. When I put mine on stands to replace the springs, I was pleasantly surprised. After the cat there is just a Y pipe, with nothing else inline all the way back to the muffler. Based on the 15-18, i was doing homework on a resonator delete, only to find that ford had done it for me!
Good to know, I would tought it had one (considering the Gt has a resonator), so now would be a easier install. Get rid of the whole catback, add a Y pipe, ford active exhausts, wiring harnesses and then program the digital cluster.

Here’s the picture of the wiring harness in the back of the car by the exhaust left side.
61EDEC7F-C679-4EC7-A842-41563A98ABBA.jpeg

Sponsored

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
Good to know, I would tought it had one (considering the Gt has a resonator), so now would be a easier install. Get rid of the whole catback, add a Y pipe, ford active exhausts, wiring harnesses and then program the digital cluster.

Here’s the picture of the wiring harness in the back of the car by the exhaust left side.
61EDEC7F-C679-4EC7-A842-41563A98ABBA.jpeg
So has anyone tried this on an ecoboost yet? I may have access to an exhaust but want to check before I spend $.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
So has anyone tried this on an ecoboost yet? I may have access to an exhaust but want to check before I spend $.
No. I got quoted $1100 for parts, that’s without including the obd-II + Forscan. The rear valance is almost as expensive as a muffler.

I might try it on the summer. For now I’ll stay stock.

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
No. I got quoted $1100 for parts, that’s without including the obd-II + Forscan. The rear valance is almost as expensive as a muffler.

I might try it on the summer. For now I’ll stay stock.
Let's assume I have all of that... Do you think it'll work or will there be extra steps?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Let's assume I have all of that... Do you think it'll work or will there be extra steps?
Well according to the GT guys, if you have the plug, it’s only installation + changing one code in forscan to activate the feature in the cluster. It’s just a electric signal sent to the mufflers actuators to open or close a valve. The mufflers comes with the actuators already.

My main question is if we need a Resonator or a Y pipe. I went to a Ford dealership to change my
Oil and se if they had some EB with the Active Exhaust. They didn’t so I couldn’t check under the car, a person here said it has a Y pipe and Ford Parts rep says he doesn’t see a Y pipe in the system.

I’m waiting some months because the 19s AE is something new and will take time to get as much info as I can. For me the hardest part will be replacing the rear valance because I don’t want to damage my paint.

You will need:

-2 AE dual tip mufflers
-3 wire harnesses
-GT, or EB with AE Rear valance
-posibbly a Y pipe (you can go after market for about $200-250 more). If the Y pipe is needed, then the price goes to $1400 aprox.
-OBD II that can run forscan (around $100 in amazon)
-Forscan (I believe you can use it free for 2 months or so)

So parts is approx $1100 (all OEM, you could get aftermarket rear valance, but the difference in price is not much) + OBD + Forescan = $1200 + Y pipe = $1400 aprox + labor.

I wish they had Royal Crimson for 2019, AE was in my most list, but the color was discontinued. Color was more important for me, AE will be about $500 more that if you order the car with the exhaust from Ford. I could go MBRP, but the option to be quieter in the morning, traveling with the wife or louder when I’m alone is a plus for me.

If you decide to go for it, please let me know the outcome.

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
So the 2019 Mustang Ecoboost active exhaust and valance swaps directly on to the 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. Only thing left is to get the OBD-II module and Forscan to see if I can activate it via the digital dash.

So the only thing needed to do the swap is the exhaust itself and the valance. Literally nothing else.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
So the one circled is relay 59 (active exhaust). See how it’s turned 180 degrees? Are you saying that I need to turn it 180 degrees and reinsert? All of the others are going the same way...
E3086287-9D50-46B3-B4C0-0BFC4BEC703E.jpeg
So the 2019 Mustang Ecoboost active exhaust and valance swaps directly on to the 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. Only thing left is to get the OBD-II module and Forscan to see if I can activate it via the digital dash.

So the only thing needed to do the swap is the exhaust itself and the valance. Literally nothing else.

Some guys in the GT AE retrofit threat are talking about a relay 59. Mine doesn’t have it installed, so I guess I won’t be able to do the retrofit.

Can you verify if you have it installed? Thanks

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
Some guys in the GT AE retrofit threat are talking about a relay 59. Mine doesn’t have it installed, so I guess I won’t be able to do the retrofit.

Can you verify if you have it installed? Thanks
I'll verify. I ordered the obd module. Just waiting for it to arrive.

The valve on the exhaust is fully open from when it was installed and has remained that way thus far.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I'll verify. I ordered the obd module. Just waiting for it to arrive.

The valve on the exhaust is fully open from when it was installed and has remained that way thus far.
How’s the sound? Did you left the resonator or went with a Y pipe?

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
Hit a speed bump... The fuse is not there on the 2018. It's a blank area and there's no metal contacts for the fuse either. Essentially, putting the fuse there does nothing.
MVIMG_20190306_120332.jpg
MVIMG_20190306_120338.jpg

vayea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang Ecoboost
I changed the lines of code to have the exhaust mode option in the cluster. It shows, but now I can't change the driving modes and the exhaust modes can not be changed.
Sponsored