Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Saw this over at blue oval...

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Ford vehicles only – Excludes Lincolns
Retail orders only
2018 & 2019 Model Year vehicles as they are available
Excludes Ford GT vehicles
Requires VIN to track – a VIN that is not scheduled may produce an error message

The New Ford Customer Vehicle Order Tracking Website

https://shop.ford.co...leordertracking

SUMMARY
We are announcing the Customer Vehicle Order Tracking website has launched. Ford has developed an online order tracking application that will allow customers to check on the status of their Ford retail order. The website can track the order through five (5) statuses that align with the Primary statuses in Vehicle Visibility. The expectation is the customer can get on demand information about their order without having to call the Sales Consultant or the Customer Relationship Center.

ORDER STATUS
When the customer enters the VIN, they will see one of the following five (5) order statuses and corresponding information:
  • In Order Processing
Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date will be provided in the upper-left corner of the home page. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle.
  • In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.
  • Awaiting Shipment
Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer.
This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.
  • In Transit
Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle. Don't forget to add comments to the short survey so we can enhance the Order Tracking Site.
  • Delivered
Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days. Your dealership will be able to provide the specific date and time for delivery.

Website supports 2018 Model Year Ford vehicles (excluding Ford GT) and will pick up with 2019 Model Year Ford vehicles when they launch.

KEY POINTS
  •  Ford vehicles only – Excludes Lincolns
  •  Retail orders only
  •  2018 & 2019 Model Year vehicles as they are available
  •  Excludes Ford GT vehicles
  •  Requires VIN to track – a VIN that is not scheduled may produce an error message
  •  Website link: https://shop.ford.co...leordertracking
Sponsored

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Good to see some official tracking available. I'm sure it'll be most popular for the Mustang which for sure has the most custom orders placed by obsessive enthusiasts thinking about their incoming Mustangs day and night. :clock:

I'm curious to see how accurate and timely the updates will be.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Doesn’t work if your mustang is going to U.K. that’s for sure

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Interesting. But a big part of the battle is getting information while you're waiting on a VIN.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
This is a good step in the right direction. Nice to see a good use of technology to track vehicles.

Sponsored

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
So you can’t track without a VIN but they have a status “Order Processing” in which you do not yet have a VIN?
It can be In Order Processing and not yet have a VIN, and then later proceed to have a VIN (and an EDD).

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It can be In Order Processing and not yet have a VIN, and then later proceed to have a VIN (and an EDD).
So how can you check the status using this site if it doesn’t have a VIN yet?

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
So how can you check the status using this site if it doesn’t have a VIN yet?
You can't. You have to use COTUS (and/or the Automatic COTUS Checker tool provided by a list member), call/text the folks at Ford Performance, or call your dealer. From what I've been seeing on this message board, It's been taking most folks (those that placed an order around or after the start of MY19 production) a little over 2 months before they get a VIN.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
You can't. You have to use COTUS (and/or the Automatic COTUS Checker tool provided by a list member), call/text the folks at Ford Performance, or call your dealer. From what I've been seeing on this message board, It's been taking most folks (those that placed an order around or after the start of MY19 production) a little over 2 months before they get a VIN.
It depends on what you've ordered, I had a VIN in under 2 weeks. It seemed like that was a pretty standard time frame just a few months ago, unless you ordered something in short supply.

Sponsored

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It depends on what you've ordered, I had a VIN in under 2 weeks. It seemed like that was a pretty standard time frame just a few months ago, unless you ordered something in short supply.
I have MagneRide and 12” digital dash. I heard both of those were causing delays.

The first dealership I went to forgot to submit my order and didn’t realize it for nearly 3 weeks so I switched to another. Less than a month feels like almost two months for me .

Thinking this car will force me to be patient lol.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I have MagneRide and 12” digital dash. I heard both of those were causing delays.

The first dealership I went to forgot to submit my order and didn’t realize it for nearly 3 weeks so I switched to another. Less than a month feels like almost two months for me .

Thinking this car will force me to be patient lol.
Magnaride has been the biggest issue all along. I've also heard of shortages of Showstopper Red interior pieces. I have the digital dash and Showstopper Red and took delivery less than 10 weeks after ordering.
Sorry to hear about your dealership problems, we've seen a few similar stories and I find it hard to believe any dealer would ever "forget" to place an order. I have to wonder if that's a cover story for not having an allotment and they're hoping to keep you waiting until they do.
Hang in there, it'll get here.

OP
OP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
RIP COTUS.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hello - I paid a down payment for a 2019 Ford Mustang build on 10/20/18 and the build is still “unscheduled” after nearly 10 weeks!! Should I be concerned? My dealer has been trying to call their regional rep but this process seems to be 100% in control of Ford and no info is available to the customer until a VIN is assigned. Very frustrating.
Sponsored