Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
From the OP in the buying guide + COTUS info thread:

What is a blend date? Blend date is the date your Mustang gets on the assembly line. The blend date can be found at the top of your window sticker. The date on the sticker will read, for example, “120141009” which reads 10/09/2014. PLACE HOLDER-YEAR-MONTH-DAY.

I saw elsewhere that it's a 20 to 30 hour trip down the assembly line, so I'd expect completion a day later, maybe 2 days later if it's started towards the end of the day. Still, the last few cars in this thread seem to be completing production 2-4 days after their blend date. Maybe there's a clerical delay or a QC process that can add more time. All I know is that my car went to production 7/24, blend date of 8/1 and no change in status since then. It looks like there are a few of us in the same boat right now.
My Blend Date on the window sticker was 2018 7-18, and COTUS showed it complete on 7/19.

Also, while I have the floor, I drove by the dealer today (Sunday) and saw that my GT fell off the turnip truck after the dealer closed on Sat. I spent about an hour checking it out (including about 100 images). Unlike a lot of other posters, no issues or obvious damage from what can be externally seen. Also, since I was driving my Brilliant Blue '13 F-150 this was also my initial Stare and Compare session. Velocity Blue is just a touch lighter, and two touches lighter than the current bright blue used on '18 F-150's (since they were courteous enough to park one next to my GT, that also fell off the same truck). My little old Nikon Cool Pix doesn't do it justice, it really pops in the sun. So, for you who are wondering about how Velocity Blue looks in the real world...without a goofy stripe...
DSCN6628.JPG
DSCN6655.JPG
DSCN6675.JPG
Sponsored

ubif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2012 Focus, 2019 Edge ST
Just came in. Had dealer send me a picture. I'll be picking it up tonight! Went from Michigan to Washington State in about a week and sat at the rail yard for a few days. Ordered 5/6 Produced 7/19 Delivered 8/6.
orangefury.jpg

Last edited:

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
I contacted ford performance chat this morning, my car is at the rail terminal awaiting transport to the dealership. Three days from Flatrock to KC rail yard. Only ten miles from the dealer...it's been a long wait since I ordered the 18 in Feb., but I'm glad to have a 19. :clock:

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
It's nice to see others are having some luck. Ford chat confirmed today that I'm "in production," that makes 12 days now....

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I contacted ford performance chat this morning, my car is at the rail terminal awaiting transport to the dealership. Three days from Flatrock to KC rail yard. Only ten miles from the dealer...it's been a long wait since I ordered the 18 in Feb., but I'm glad to have a 19. :clock:
Congrats. I know it's been a long journey for you.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's nice to see others are having some luck. Ford chat confirmed today that I'm "in production," that makes 12 days now....
Nevermind...
In Production completed 8/6 5:02AM
Awaiting Shipment completed 8/6 8:02AM
Currently: In Transit
Not bad, production to transit in 3 hours. Does anyone else think they forgot to change the status from production until they were staging the next load of cars?

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
Nevermind...
In Production completed 8/6 5:02AM
Awaiting Shipment completed 8/6 8:02AM
Currently: In Transit
Not bad, production to transit in 3 hours. Does anyone else think they forgot to change the status from production until they were staging the next load of cars?
Oh man!!! I thought for sure we would be in transit at the same time. Mine is still “in production”. 12 days later

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2019 GT Premium
Just got a cotus update email that my order is in production.

No window sticker yet, though. originally, it was scheduled for week of 8/20, so i'm not going to hold my breath. (but i will cross my fingers)

Edit: confirmed with ford performance chat that it's in production! happy day

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man!!! I thought for sure we would be in transit at the same time. Mine is still “in production”. 12 days later
I was in production a few hours short of 14 days, your can't be far behind.

Sponsored

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
I was in production a few hours short of 14 days, your can't be far behind.
Status changed this morning!! “Awaiting Shipment”.

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT
Same here. It was sooner than expected because my blend date was yesterday (08/07).

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status changed this morning!! “Awaiting Shipment”.
That may change quickly, I went from production to awaiting shipment to in transit in 3 hours. This morning I got another update, my EDD changed from 8/26 to 8/23.
Edit: and another update a minute ago, now it's 8/20.

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
I sent a message to Ford customer service on Monday trying to verify my ETA and be sure my order was set up as priority, but didn't hear back. Is there anyone specific I can IM to get more info? At order I was told 8/30 and now my ETA is 9/17 so I am worried about losing the buyer I have anxious to buy my current car.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I sent a message to Ford customer service on Monday trying to verify my ETA and be sure my order was set up as priority, but didn't hear back. Is there anyone specific I can IM to get more info? At order I was told 8/30 and now my ETA is 9/17 so I am worried about losing the buyer I have anxious to buy my current car.
Your dealer is the best source for this information.
Sponsored