Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I searched around but I can't seem to find out what happens in the Body Shop Stage. That's where my Mustang is now. Any one know?
When I heard mine was in the body shop, I freaked as most of us think of the body shop as places where damage is repaired and paint redone. And I didn’t want a $50K repaired car.

I settled down once I learned that the body shop is where all the sheet metal pieces are produced then fixtured and welded together, painted and sent on to the trim line where the mechanical assembly takes place.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
My order left the processing stage and went to “production” status on the 25th. Yet no change since then. Is it normal for it to be in “production” status for 10 days?

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
What is the blend date on your window sticker? That's the day that physical production should begin. Mine went from processing to production on 7/24, blend date of 8/1, nothing since then...

Edit: it looks like cars are showing "in production" about 7 days before their blend date lately and then moving to awaiting shipment 2-4 days after the blend date. I don't know if this is updated on the weekends so maybe Monday is the big day for both of us. I notice you ortered Black Accent as well, I wonder if a second trip through the paint area for the black roof might slow things down a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Montducati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor and 2016 - Shelby GT350
I haven't reported an update in quite sometime so here is where I stand:
  • My 2019 PP2 was ordered on 4.2.2018
  • Order Processing was completed on 7.25.2018
  • Production completed on 7.31.2018
  • Was awaiting shipment for approximately 1 week
  • It is now in transit with an estimated 16 days until delivery
Funny thing is when it was in production it was 12 days until estimated delivery. They added 2 days when it was awaiting shipment and then they added 2 days when it moved to in transit.

Last edited:

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My blend date was 7/26, produced 7/30, Released to ship on 8/1, loaded and shipped 8/2. Order date was 4/4, edd is showing 8/12, hopefully will be her pretty quick (Kansas City) as most east - west rail traffic passes through here. Getting excited now!
I can confirm that rail for these cars goes through KC on the way to all points west...mine went through there on it's way to OKC then back up I44 to Tulsa by truck.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
What is the blend date on your window sticker? That's the day that physical production should begin. Mine went from processing to production on 7/24, blend date of 8/1, nothing since then...

Edit: it looks like cars are showing "in production" about 7 days before their blend date lately and then moving to awaiting shipment 2-4 days after the blend date. I don't know if this is updated on the weekends so maybe Monday is the big day for both of us. I notice you ortered Black Accent as well, I wonder if a second trip through the paint area for the black roof might slow things down a bit.
Blend date Is the target completion date for assembly.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
From the OP in the buying guide + COTUS info thread:

What is a blend date? Blend date is the date your Mustang gets on the assembly line. The blend date can be found at the top of your window sticker. The date on the sticker will read, for example, “120141009” which reads 10/09/2014. PLACE HOLDER-YEAR-MONTH-DAY.

I saw elsewhere that it's a 20 to 30 hour trip down the assembly line, so I'd expect completion a day later, maybe 2 days later if it's started towards the end of the day. Still, the last few cars in this thread seem to be completing production 2-4 days after their blend date. Maybe there's a clerical delay or a QC process that can add more time. All I know is that my car went to production 7/24, blend date of 8/1 and no change in status since then. It looks like there are a few of us in the same boat right now.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP 401a Manual
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and the car is in Milone, Illinois. Any one else on the same train going west?

Sponsored

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
So am I correct in assuming that since mine is going to be shipped via truck and not a train that it'll probably get to my dealer in Kentucky faster?

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
From the OP in the buying guide + COTUS info thread:

I saw elsewhere that it's a 20 to 30 hour trip down the assembly line, so I'd expect completion a day later, maybe 2 days later if it's started towards the end of the day. Still, the last few cars in this thread seem to be completing production 2-4 days after their blend date. Maybe there's a clerical delay or a QC process that can add more time. All I know is that my car went to production 7/24, blend date of 8/1 and no change in status since then. It looks like there are a few of us in the same boat right now.
My Blend date is 8/2 and there has been no change, so I can second that

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My Blend date is 8/2 and there has been no change, so I can second that
Me too. I’m guessing we will hear something in the next day or two. Wednesday at the latest if they update. I’m 4 hours away from Detroit and mines coming by convoy (truck). I’ve been told delivery between 8/12 and 8/18.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my 2019 Mustang GT Convertible last week - 10 speed automatic, active exhaust, safety package w/ 401a

Current plan is to transform it into a Q500 Enforcer with a full suspension upgrade, CAI & tune, exterior package & more! Future plans are to turn it into a full Q850.

The active exhaust is pretty sick - from the factory, it is a great exhaust & very impressed with the ride quality & drivability thus far - including the different drive packages.

Look forward to sharing my build!

TJ
unnamed.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
My Mustang said 13 days until production ... then it was at the dealership the next day, IDK.
Sponsored