2018 Quirks - what have you noticed?

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
Mine has no quirks, Everything works as it should at 17000 klicks, and perfectly...There are however, a few things I just plain dislike about it, but thats my fault for not paying attention when i bought it. Dislike....@!%#@ radio buttons on wrong side from my 16,and every other ford in the family! #$%@$% useless paddles i can't use when turning the steering wheel more than 1/4 turn. Next one needs button on shifter or no more auto for me. And wife hates glare off passenger side dash from sun, it can be bad yup, but duct tape fixed that...
Guess i shoulda paid more attention on test drive instead of just driving crap outa it..:)
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Our UK spec RHD cars do not show oil pressure or temperature. The list of options for the digi dash gauges is different to the USA ones. Really quite poor.
I thought Euro spec cars usually have more, not less options.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Reflected sunlight glare onto the digital dash or reflecting off the metallic surfaces of the steering wheel spokes. Along the same lines, the remote garage door control on the visor. I drive into the setting sun when trying to operate my garage door - which makes me lift the sun visor to operate the control. My Mazda has the garage door controls on the mirror - which I find much more practical.
Most of this could be solved by moving out of the desert! :rolleyes:
Someone put felt on the recess of his non digital IC to reduce glare.

I tried putting some dark fabric in there and I could tell it would make a HUGE difference. But it seems like it would require a bit of work to cleanly line the plastic around the IC. With a non reflective material.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm a 16 owner and i'm noticing 18 owners are having issues with these cars that shouldn't be happening. Its shocking. A refresh of an already good platform is suppose to make the car better not worst..particularly the mt-82...I've seen multiple examples of cars that are sitting at the dealer for 30 days plus awaiting back ordered fragile shift forks that will likely break again...Glad i stuck with my 16 Auto of which i haven't had a single issue with!
Seems like you are sensationalizing a bit. AFAIK, only one person on this forum has had a problem with shift forks, and he was ham-fisting his shifter. My MT82 is great.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
An odd rattle noise driving after a cold start (usually only in the mornings and not when leaving work after it's been sitting 8 hours), but goes away after a few minutes.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I wish Ford had fitted front parking sensors.
Or 360.

Especially considering how hard it is to judge where the front and passenger side is in relation to the surroundings. The car has a weird way of feeling big even though it's small.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
So I’m thinking I’m an idiot about the opening the trunk after remote start causing the alarm to go off thing because I haven’t been able to replicate it. I’m thinking I might have hit the alarm button on the key fob by accident. So never mind on that one. :D

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Every 18 Mustang I saw so far has the same quality issue. In the gap between frontbumper and hood the bumper is not painted completely. :frusty:

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah it's one of those things that you don't see at first, but once you saw it it bothers you :D

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Yeah it's one of those things that you don't see at first, but once you saw it it bothers you :D
Great - now I have to somehow stop myself from looking.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
#Alignment issues on panels
#Framing around the windows uneven/ not sitting correctly
#I have dirt under the paint in some places
#Imperfections on metal work(looks like small dents)
#Car was delivered with a paint chip on the passenger side front fender and also on the front passenger door
#Some rattle from the interior
#Armrest on the driver door squeking
#Seat belt "lock/holder" squeaking on driver side
#Ticking noise from the engine area
#Clonking noise when putting the car in reverse and slowly starting to back up

Car has been at the shop for almost three weeks and I have been driving it for 4w........ will retrieve it on monday. The have only taken care of the engine ticking(not sure if solved) and the paint chips.

No I don't have any luck with any of my cars. Other none Ford related issues with the car we don't have to talk about here. But I have almost had it. Some cars are prone to having issues no matter what from start to beginning.
You don't have any issues. You have incorrect expectations. Cars make noise, they squeak, and you complain about it. The only issues were the two paint chips, everything else is normal and should be expected.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm a 16 owner and i'm noticing 18 owners are having issues with these cars that shouldn't be happening. Its shocking. A refresh of an already good platform is suppose to make the car better not worst..particularly the mt-82...I've seen multiple examples of cars that are sitting at the dealer for 30 days plus awaiting back ordered fragile shift forks that will likely break again...Glad i stuck with my 16 Auto of which i haven't had a single issue with!
Provide these "multiple examples", as I've only seen one.
Sponsored