Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
What a difference a week makes

So, no longer technically a "factory" order but it's a dealer order (from another dealer) and my new Mustang may soon be on it's way!

Dealer came through - the car they located was close enough to what I originally ordered, but without the wait (and I'm getting Lightning Blue before it's gone...). The options I didn't get - while they would have been nice - aren't that big of a deal and not getting them saves some money. And it turns out the Missus likes the black side stripe more than the white one (and, honestly, I was up in the air about it myself). I can live with the vestigial spoiler. And I got the Pony Package which - after doing a LOT of searching - I'm discovering is getting very hard to find with Lightning Blue. I agree with justme97 that it's a nice look.

They even got within a few hundred bucks of my target price - and they're picking up the cost of shipping it 350 miles rather than passing that on to me. If all goes as planned, I could have it by this weekend (ironically, at the early end of the original delivery window they gave me on the order).

So thanks again to all of you for your patience and encouragement through this process. Sounds like it'll turn out ok. Heh - I'll be sure and whine again to you all if it doesn't :rant:

Added to my signature is a first pic, taken by the dealer where it's awaiting shipment :clap2:
<><><><><><><>
Well - already long story short: Dealer crapped the bed, again.

I hadn't heard anything from them since last week, when they told me that they were just waiting for the carrier to pick up the car and deliver it. So I emailed them this morning for an update. They said they had paid for it, but were still waiting for the carrier to pick it up.

Then about an hour later, I get forwarded a thread between my dealer and the dealer in Maryland (no cover note, no apology). Bottom line: the Maryland dealer had a "miscommunication" and the car was sold and shipped to another dealer in Maryland.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

So yeah, ANOTHER eff-up. And still no car, nor any prospects of one. While I've been screwing around with this dealer, I've lost 6 weeks (as of today) and all reasonable options for getting something even close to what I want have dried up.

I've given this dealer one last chance to see if they can cobble something together from their own stock (presumably they have knowledge/control over that, but I won't assume :mad:) but I doubt they'll be able to come through. They certainly haven't yet.

So it looks like I'll be going there tonight and getting back my deposit. They had better not give me a hard time about that. And I'll start from scratch and try again next year. Unfortunately, Lightning Blue will no longer be offered and to get BLIS I'll have to upgrade (it'll no longer be available in the S&S pkg).

Getting what I really wanted was a neat dream while it lasted, but I'm not willing to settle for something I'm not excited enough about to write that loan check every month. I'll just content myself with reading all your posts and get at least some vicarious thrill from seeing all the cool new cars being delivered to happy customers. Just wish I was one of them.

Thanks again for listening.

Best,
Chris

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
<><><><><><><>

I hadn't heard anything from them since last week, when they told me that they were just waiting for the carrier to pick up the car and deliver it. So I emailed them this morning for an update. They said they had paid for it, but were still waiting for the carrier to pick it up.

Then about an hour later, I get forwarded a thread between my dealer and the dealer in Maryland (no cover note, no apology). Bottom line: the Maryland dealer had a "miscommunication" and the car was sold and shipped to another dealer in Maryland.

So yeah, ANOTHER eff-up. And still no car, nor any prospects of one. While I've been screwing around with this dealer, I've lost 6 weeks (as of today) and all reasonable options for getting something even close to what I want have dried up.

I've given this dealer one last chance to see if they can cobble something together from their own stock (presumably they have knowledge/control over that, but I won't assume :mad:) but I doubt they'll be able to come through. They certainly haven't yet.

So it looks like I'll be going there tonight and getting back my deposit. They had better not give me a hard time about that. And I'll start from scratch and try again next year. Unfortunately, Lightning Blue will no longer be offered and to get BLIS I'll have to upgrade (it'll no longer be available in the S&S pkg).

Getting what I really wanted was a neat dream while it lasted, but I'm not willing to settle for something I'm not excited enough about to write that loan check every month. I'll just content myself with reading all your posts and get at least some vicarious thrill from seeing all the cool new cars being delivered to happy customers. Just wish I was one of them.

Best,
Chris
Man that sucks. I wouldn't give up yet though until all 2018s have been built and delivered (which probably won't be till July since end of production is early June). In the meantime, I'd have the dealer keep an eye on the nationwide inventory. There's a chance a dealer ordered another Lightning Blue car very close or identical to what you want and it just isn't in the system yet. Especially if you're not going to buy anything else. It can't hurt to keep an ear to the ground. Not sure how you feel about used stuff either but that's always an option. There's some fickle people that buy a car and then trade it in a few weeks or months later. Good luck!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
<><><><><><><>

Best,
Chris
Hang in there and follow Bullitt's advice, you just never know. And, maybe try another dealer.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
<><><><><><><>

Best,
Chris
Damn Chris, I hate to hear that. I don't blame you for not settling on something that isn't exactly what you want. You'll never be completely happy. It's so close to the '19 production start you are right to think about waiting. Then what ever you do, and if at all possible don't go back to that dealer. You may wind up getting a Taurus instead of a Mustang.

You may have already, but if not you may try AutoTrader's advanced search. You may get lucky finding that Unicorn. :thumbsup:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
<><><><><><><>

Best,
Chris
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. If I were you, I would get onto Ford's website and do the online chat. They can find exactly what you are looking for. There has to be the same car somewhere in the country that you wanted.

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks very much guys - The commiseration helps :)

I don't mean to be dense, but since I don't have any experience with this, it sounds like more 2018 stock will be hitting dealers?

I've been operating under the assumption that whatever's out there is all there's going to be for 2018 (other than special orders), so the selection would continue to dwindle.

But it sounds like - if more 2018s are coming - I can keep doing the same searches (same geographical area) and new choices should pop up?

That'd be really encouraging if that's the case.

Thanks again for your help. It's nice being able to talk to folks that really "get it" :)

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Thanks very much guys - The commiseration helps :)

I don't mean to be dense, but since I don't have any experience with this, it sounds like more 2018 stock will be hitting dealers?

I've been operating under the assumption that whatever's out there is all there's going to be for 2018 (other than special orders), so the selection would continue to dwindle.

But it sounds like - if more 2018s are coming - I can keep doing the same searches (same geographical area) and new choices should pop up?

That'd be really encouraging if that's the case.

Thanks again for your help. It's nice being able to talk to folks that really "get it" :)
They'll be cranking them out until 6/13, and they definitely aren't all special orders. So, find you a dealer that'll do some looking for you or even try FP. They have search capabilities as well. Don't give up yet.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
They'll be cranking them out until 6/13, and they definitely aren't all special orders. So, find you a dealer that'll do some looking for you or even try FP. They have search capabilities as well. Don't give up yet.
Ford Performance does not have the ability to search dealer inventory...

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red now, or chance of Lightning Blue later?

I sent the dealer a link to a Ruby Red one in New Jersey. He's agreed to get it for me to purchase, no extra charge and he says he's already got it lined up on standby. Of course, he wants his guy to drive it the 200 mi from NJ to CT, but I suspect he'll trailer it if I insist.

So I'm looking for some feedback from you good folks here: Would you get the sure thing, but a different color (though it's admittedly my second choice), or wait on the off-chance one in your first-choice color will become available?

I await your collective wisdom (and appreciate your patience with all the crazy).

Chris

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I sent the dealer a link to a Ruby Red one in New Jersey. He's agreed to get it for me to purchase, no extra charge and he says he's already got it lined up on standby. Of course, he wants his guy to drive it the 200 mi from NJ to CT, but I suspect he'll trailer it if I insist.

So I'm looking for some feedback from you good folks here: Would you get the sure thing, but a different color (though it's admittedly my second choice), or wait on the off-chance one in your first-choice color will become available?

I await your collective wisdom (and appreciate your patience with all the crazy).

Chris
what are the specs your looking for?

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
what are the specs your looking for?
2018 Ecoboost Premium (200A), automatic, Pony Pkg, in Lightning Blue (first choice) or Ruby Red (distant second choice).

Enhanced Security and/or Safe & Smart pkgs nice but not necessary.
Sponsored