2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If it's lower than the GT350's bonnet then Josh (see post 127) was wrong in that it needed to use the carbon composite radiator support so that the bonnet could be lower. The real reason would be to use the carbon support to save weight.
It almost certainly is using the carbon radiator support.
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
so after 17 pages the only real complaint is the use of last years headlight design? which everyone loved last year.

have you seen the shit show going on with the '19 Camaro refresh? Rejoice Mustangers.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Ooohhh EEEMmmm GGGHEEEeehehe!
You are ssoooo siweeeyy!!
You get honey badger award! Congrats!
That's true, but it seems the majority likes the 2018 updates... just that the minority is louder about it. Personally, I'm not offended by it at all. I just see all these comments about the 2018's looks when the car isn't even mentioned, and it's a great way to start unnecessary conflict and take away from the purpose of the thread (like what has now happened). that's the only reason I brought it up

And the official "douchebag of the thread" award unanimously goes tooooooooo....... :crazy:
Or you both could not add tone to text that isnt there. You know what they say about assumptions.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Or you both could not add tone to text that isnt there. You know what they say about assumptions.
You're still going on about this. That says more about your personality than anyone here needs to.

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Some people are curious of the side skirt that is going half way up th car. I looked at one of the screenshots from the NAIAS teaser video thread and cranked up the brightness. I think that extra splitter is going to be part of the car.
92FA056C-9157-4547-BDFD-392704B24802.jpeg
2CF803B0-B0EB-4B1C-B4E6-3331E9F76341.jpeg

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
So, why would this car be more superior than Hellcat and ZL1? Not putting any product down.

Ford with all their experience on high performance for years, has spent a lot of time on this car. So there is to be something special to stay on the top of Hellcat & ZL1.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Haven’t weighed my R yet, but 4100+ would put it 400lbs over my four corner scale weighed 16 Tech Pack and I think we can all agree that’s the heaviest version.

The GT350s produced in 2017 and 2018 have the coolers, so I expect they weigh a bit more than a 2016 tech. That is, unless you've added some aftermarket parts to it.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They'll be the same. All the fender, hood and fascia tooling is cut and they wouldn't camouflage what's there if it wasn't production intent.
Perhaps you completely missed my point. Once again, if the lights fit the same profile as the 2015-17s then they could very well be different and these could just be placeholders. That said, the lights are about the only thing that isn't camoflaged, so going by your logic it would make it even more likely that these aren't the production headlights.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
So, I hear a lot of binary opinions on the headlights. You know, it is feasible to mount headlights that are the same profile as the 15-17s without being the same old headlights. These very well could be placeholders.
I really hate to fuel this fire but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking regarding the headlights. The official Ford teasers as well as camo models all show 2015 style headlights. Seems pretty logical that's what we're getting.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Perhaps you completely missed my point. Once again, if the lights fit the same profile as the 2015-17s then they could very well be different and these could just be placeholders. That said, the lights are about the only thing that isn't camoflaged, so going by your logic it would make it even more likely that these aren't the production headlights.
The front shot teaser showed 15-17 Headlights so I’m putting my money on it.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I really hate to fuel this fire but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking regarding the headlights. The official Ford teasers as well as camo models all show 2015 style headlights. Seems pretty logical that's what we're getting.
Not really wishful thinking, just saying it's plausible. Several manufacturers have released significantly revised headlights using the same bezels and mounting hardware. To simply assume that Ford would have to use the 15-17 headlights just because they have to use the same surrounds and mounts is silly.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Not really wishful thinking, just saying it's plausible. Several manufacturers have released significantly revised headlights using the same bezels and mounting hardware. To simply assume that Ford would have to use the 15-17 headlights just because they have to use the same surrounds and mounts is silly.
Uhmmm... looks pretty 15-17 to me.
9993A3B2-B9EE-4DDE-92DD-70DCD5A7FAA0.jpeg

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
But let’s be open-mind in here.

It IS possible that the GT500 will use “blacked out” Headlights like the one’s seen on the video teaser. Same geometry but with the “chrome part” in a dark color.
ABE037DF-3146-4336-B016-EBAE142EE84D.jpeg
Sponsored