Sponsored

Active Exhaust isn't loud enough, any mods?

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone done any mods to their '18 Active Exhaust to get it to a proper loudness :)

I am thinking of ditching the resonator and putting in an X-Pipe.
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Resonators delete will make it louder, else you can go for an active system from like corsa which sounds amazing.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=W1DPhNkEwoA;t=11[/MEDIA]"]
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]x6IV3kWskNs[/MEDIA]"]

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Resonators delete will make it louder, else you can go for an active system from like corsa which sounds amazing.
I honestly have no idea how so many love Corsa. Unless you spend all your time at WOT doing drive bys I think they are the worst sounding POS on the market. Why have a car that sounds like junk 90+% of the time?

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I assume your running it in track mode? If I didn't have the active exhaust, I would have put Borla Atak on it, had this on my past stangs and love it. My neighbors and wife like my active exhaust, I have it start in quiet mode and flip it to my mode which I have set on track exhaust when I get down the road. It doesn't seem as loud as when I first got it, but neither does any exhaust. Never been a Corsa fan, but I do know they have a new exhaust that is compatible with factory active exhaust, it takes the factory solenoids from the stock and uses them on their new one, but after paying ~800 for active exhaust, seems a bit steep to drop 2200 in the car to get just a little louder especially considering you are reusing the active part of your factory exhaust, but your choice...

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I assume your running it in track mode? If I didn't have the active exhaust, I would have put Borla Atak on it, had this on my past stangs and love it. My neighbors and wife like my active exhaust, I have it start in quiet mode and flip it to my mode which I have set on track exhaust when I get down the road. It doesn't seem as loud as when I first got it, but neither does any exhaust. Never been a Corsa fan, but I do know they have a new exhaust that is compatible with factory active exhaust, it takes the factory solenoids from the stock and uses them on their new one, but after paying ~800 for active exhaust, seems a bit steep to drop 2200 in the car to get just a little louder especially considering you are reusing the active part of your factory exhaust, but your choice...
You can still get borla atak with active exhaust, I'm waiting on mine to arrive.

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
H-pipe is all you need. H-pipe and resonator delete. That's what I have on my 2018 and in Track mode, any louder and it would be too much. My opinion.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly have no idea how so many love Corsa. Unless you spend all your time at WOT doing drive bys I think they are the worst sounding POS on the market. Why have a car that sounds like junk 90+% of the time?
Yeah, your opinion? Junk. You've clearly never actually heard one or been in a car with one. I get that it's not everyone's flavor but you're ignorant.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'll probably just do an X or H pipe when I get mine, but Borla's catbacks are great if you are willing to spend money. I had their S-type setup on my 2011 GT and it was glorious.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
You can still get borla atak with active exhaust, I'm waiting on mine to arrive.
I see that now. Interesting but maybe later on my list. Can’t see dropping 2k on it, although tempting to get better tips.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, your opinion? Junk. You've clearly never actually heard one or been in a car with one. I get that it's not everyone's flavor but you're ignorant.
I have Corsa on my '05 and I really don't like it that much. Maybe it's the longtubes or whatever. I'm thinking of selling it and switching to GT500 mufflers.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have Corsa on my '05 and I really don't like it that much. Maybe it's the longtubes or whatever. I'm thinking of selling it and switching to GT500 mufflers.
It's not a sound everyone likes or prefers but to call it junk is just not right. I'd suspect it's the LTs on yours, but who knows. Some people really just want that smooth, deep tone that reminds of old muscle. That's cool, and I like it too, though don't want it on my car over the more aggressive/racecar tone I have. I've had both. This is better for me, but I wouldn't say either is junk.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
H-pipe is all you need. H-pipe and resonator delete. That's what I have on my 2018 and in Track mode, any louder and it would be too much. My opinion.
This is the route I may go

TJ91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 5.0
I thought the Active would be quiet. My brother got his 18 5.0 with the active and man was I wrong.

My 16 GT with muffler delete and Magnaflow X pipe, is quieter than the 18 in normal mode. In Track mode, the car was rumbling my driveway. The exhaust tone is Deep and loud.

Surprised you find it quiet, I believe the best fix for you would be the X Pipe

Only thing with the 2015 Mustang and up, is that the car is insulated so well that inside the cabin, the car feels quiet, but anyone outside hears what I can only describe as thunder lol

If I were in your shoes, I would watch the active exhaust with h and x pipe (using headphones) and take my pick.