Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
fKw5x3x.jpg

Going into reverse felt sticky for a few days, also sounded more hollow than usual. Saturday I went to shit into reverse and it literally shattered in my hands. Thankfully I was in my driveway. Dealer quoted $290, for the entire assembly/boot/surround, needless to say I ordered the Steeda unit and will be doing it myself.
Sponsored

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
That part is $75 and literally just snaps off the console. You will break the clip of the original one but the new one will snap right in. Only reason i know this is because someone broke into my car and scratched the shit out of it so i needed to replace it. Your dealer is seriously ripping you off. I would punch them in the mouth if they told me that number.

OP
OP
Lawguy85

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
That part is $75 and literally just snaps off the console. You will break the clip of the original one but the new one will snap right in. Only reason i know this is because someone broke into my car and scratched the shit out of it so i needed to replace it. Your dealer is seriously ripping you off. I would punch them in the mouth if they told me that number.
I found the part online, 7277A. You are correct, that's MSRP, & it can be had for even less. They don't call them stealerships for nothing. Went with the Steeda billet unit to prevent this from happening again as I'm not sure how it even broke in the first place.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
They wouldn't consider this a warranty?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The problem is, you did indeed ''shit'' into reverse.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Lawguy85

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Yeah, this. Are you already over 36,000 miles?
Discussion ended when I was quoted that price. Not sure if I could've pushed for it. But $50 and and 30 minutes of work for a metal part v. glued plastic is worth it IMO.

The problem is, you did indeed ''shit'' into reverse.
Nit picking typos on an internet forum, all the cool/originality points to you good sir. You must be a local legend for your indubitable wit, I'm truly in awe.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
another reason to get an MGW, to get rid of that cheap plastic lockout that breaks

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've got the Delrin (black) Steeda reverse lockout, outstanding part, no more worries about what happened to you - plus it looks +awesome+.
IMG_1545.JPG

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the boots for the shifter and e-brake that have the red stripe?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Where did you get the boots for the shifter and e-brake that have the red stripe?
Hey!

Sorry, I didn't check back into this thread and didn't get any notifications.

The e-brake and shift boot are products from Redline:

https://www.redlinegoods.com/

My quick insight:

The install is a bit of a PITA, especially the e-brake, but not hard - it does require gluing.

They're manufactured overseas (Europe), so shipping is a touch slow

The material/quality is outstanding, the match with my red interior is right on, so is the customer service, I had an issue, it got resolved quickly.

The problem: they were both a touch short, well, the e-brake way so, like unusable, the thicker material, that doesn't give much needs a little more slack. I wound up getting a replacement e-brake boot with an additional 1-1/2-2" of length. I kept my shift boot, but I would've preferred a _tiny_ amount of extra material. Just factor that in if you order.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Great. My reverse lockout started to stick a couple of days ago. :mad: I got the extended warranty since I bought my car used. To clarify, this could be a warranty issue correct? Don't want to spend anything, or at least more than necessary. I'm at 39K miles.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Got the Barton replacement unit on order from CJPP but it's backordered. I can either roll back on inclines or park nose out so I don't have to use the reverse lockout in the meantime. Watched the how to video so it shouldn't be too difficult to replace myself. $290 to replace it from the dealer? Ha ha hell.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I've been holding on to the nut when shifting out of reverse and letting it slide down gently instinctively. I never liked the way it felt and it would almost pop back down if I didn't hold it.

Now that I see this, I'm wondering if just shifting out of reverse without holding the nut puts strain on it. This all means nothing if the damn thing breaks on me too though.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Well holding it while it releases doesn't work. Couldn't get into reverse this morning and of course the nut is completely broken. I have exactly 13,000 miles and I must say my idea of keeping this car long term is pretty much dead at this point.
Sponsored