Sponsored

March 2018 Mustang Sales

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I never understood why people had to hate one brand to like another. The Mustang would still have a solid rear axle and half the looks if it were not from the pressure put on Ford from the Camaro. I guess to each their own. Glad that the new model is moving off the dealers lots.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I never understood why people had to hate one brand to like another. The Mustang would still have a solid rear axle and half the looks if it were not from the pressure put on Ford from the Camaro. I guess to each their own. Glad that the new model is moving off the dealers lots.
Wrong, it was competition from all brands that forced the switch to irs.
History proves that the Stang had a irs once before.
The camaro was only part of the equation.

iTutn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Accord Euro R / 2016 GT Premium PP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The camaro is in the supercar bracket and the sales numbers should be analysed as such. You don't see anyone asking how many 488's that Ferrari sold.
Thanks for the joke of the day. I needed that! :lol:

Also, TopNotch didn't put Charger sales down. The Charger sold better than the Challenger this month

Charger:March 2018 - 8,504
Charger: 2018 - 21,265

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well if I was in the market. My selection would be mustang first. I would consider a challanger. A Camaro wouldn't even get a second thought. Til it gets a complete redesign.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Are GM sales that bad that nobody wants to talk about it?

8k and 30%+ seems huge for the Challenger. I haven't seen any new commercials for them, seen a very frequent one for the stang, which is good.

I'm sort of surprised for the 8k stangs, considering I haven't seen one in the wild yet in Houston.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I don't know what Chebby is going to do about the Camaro. The new gen just came out in 2016 and sales are already tanking. A complete mid-gen redesign would help a lot if they increased visibility and got rid of the residual transformers look.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
...the Mustang would still have a solid rear axle and half the looks if it were not from the pressure put on Ford from the Camaro...
Wrong, it was competition from all brands that forced the switch to irs.
History proves that the Stang had a irs once before. The camaro was only part of the equation.
Actually your both wrong.

1. The ONLY reason why the S550 Mustang has an IRS is because they sell it in Europe and that market wouldn't take the car seriously if it didn't. The Euro market is also the reason why the S550 resonator muffles the stock exhaust so much. Trust when I say, the IRS and the resonator aren't so much for US market.
  2. While it is true that the S550 isn't the first to have an IRS, it IS true that the S550 is the first mass production Mustang to have an IRS. The S-197 was suppose to have an IRS, and Bill Ford killed it at the last minute due to cost issues. The SN95 was also originally designed to have an IRS, and again it was killed when the car got closer to production. The IRS found its way into the Cobra, but the car itself was originally planned to have one from the beginning.

Ford has been trying to get an IRS into the Mustang for a long LONG time. It's always been a cost issue, but the platform has been engineered to support one for a while now. The Mustang continued to be a sales success without it, and thus Ford has not reason to address the cost issue until it decided it wanted to sell the car globabally. Then the cost was justified. Domestic competition had little to no effect.

Sponsored

gmichaelj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
Or fire sale pricing...
Maybe fire sale pricing, but they also didn't re-invest in their platform either right? Basically same car since it came out over 10 yrs ago. Edit: Challenger

“Thirty days is not enough time to separate real sales trends from short-term fluctuations in a very dynamic, highly competitive market,” Kurt McNeil, U.S. vice president of sales operations, said in a statement Tuesday.

I agree that 30 days is too short. Who knows what sales incentives either of the players are doing in any one month. But for the Last 12 months I went and looked.

LTM US Sales ending March 2018
Camaro 64,434
Mustang 78,566
Challenger 66,460

So for every 100 Mustangs sold over the past 12 months, 82 Camaros and 85 Challengers were sold.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Also, for your viewing pleasure...

A link to the Camaro sales thread

Thank me later
" No, let's be honest the Camaro isn't the greatest daily driver, especially when people make decisions based on 30 minute test drives.

If I were in pursuit of a DD I'd probably go Mustang in this class of car. Chevy needs to rework the Camaro so that visibility is better and interior quality isn't so bad if they expect to win over customers searching other brands for sporty DDs. Right now I suspect primary customers are Camaro enthusiasts/GM loyalists and folks who simply think the Camaro looks better "

" Fast forward last December I test drove a used mustang gt and the first test i did was getting the stroller in and due to the wide opening my son's things fit in perfectly. Also during the test drive it felt more roomy inside the mustang and better visibility. As for power the 435 hp felt good enough and the custom roush exhaust on it sounded better than the Camaro NPP exhaust (my opinion) "

:D:amen::headbang:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I get that people debate the whole Mustang vs Camaro thing. But how the hell is Dodge getting such good sales? It's not as cheap as the mustang, it's the less sporty car of them and from a technological standpoint it's the most outdated platform. But still people go crazy about it :confused:

gmichaelj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
I get that people debate the whole Mustang vs Camaro thing. But how the hell is Dodge getting such good sales? It's not as cheap as the mustang, it's the less sporty car of them and from a technological standpoint it's the most outdated platform. But still people go crazy about it :confused:
The Challenger has looked the same since going on sale about 11 years ago. If one aspired to the look of the car anytime over the past decade a customer can still buy the car, with incremental improvements.

Styling consistency isn't the case for Mustang, which underwent a substantial styling change for the 2015 model year. Of course, Mustang also got Independent Rear Suspension and a Turbo 4 cranking out over 300 horse power too, so it is difficult to know how much the 2015 MY sales success was due to styling versus engineering.

Nevertheless, Challenger has stayed the course, styling wise, making only small changes to the engineering, and has seen a substantial increase in market share at the cost of Camaro and Mustang, assuming, of course, that these 3 cars are cross-shopped the most with each other.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Challenger holds a strong resale value. Its held over the years. Would this not contribute to some of the sales. It is also the only true RETRO styled of the three. If that's what one wants. Big powerful brute force still sells with its long history behind it. Challenger sales will not be vanishing soon.:faint:
Sponsored