BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Anyone interested in a Roush cai when I get my procharger on.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For the right (see: lower than my car on Sportlines) price, I might jump on it.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Anyone know how long it would generally take a shop to install and dyno a procharger install. I just want to know what kind of downtime I'm lookong at.
I feel like I might just go with a procharger for ease of things and since I am not looking for max hp/torque.
I have ZERO personal experience in this, but from everything I have read it will be done in a day or two, depending on the shop. It's basically a bolt on kit, and please someone with the kit can chime in and correct me if I am off.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
[MENTION=21090]BE6Pony[/MENTION] what exhaust setup are you planning on running with your Procharger. I'm looking to modify my custom 2.5 inch to 3 inch transition at midpipe to run a full 3 inch from headers back w/CAT deletes.

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21090]BE6Pony[/MENTION] what exhaust setup are you planning on running with your Procharger. I'm looking to modify my custom 2.5 inch to 3 inch transition at midpipe to run a full 3 inch from headers back w/CAT deletes.
Im running my current setup for now. Bbk lt. High flow cats. Sve x pipe. Mbrp resonators. And roush ab. I will change to 3 inch in awhile but I havr to get a clutch and some suspension mods first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you knew this - but any GT catback will bolt right up. Might be a cheaper route, especially used, than going custom all the way back. I have a MBRP cat back I installed on my car before it logged 500 miles LOL.

OP
OP
BE6Pony

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you knew this - but any GT catback will bolt right up. Might be a cheaper route, especially used, than going custom all the way back. I have a MBRP cat back I installed on my car before it logged 500 miles LOL.
Agreed. Mine is a custom setup but it was done when everything was new and nothing was out. When I go 3 inch I will Probably go with Speed daddy shortie's get them ceramic coated for 60 bucks by a guy I know, Lethal performance off road mid pipes with welded high flow cats with 3 inch cat back for a GT.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Anyone know how long it would generally take a shop to install and dyno a procharger install. I just want to know what kind of downtime I'm lookong at.
I feel like I might just go with a procharger for ease of things and since I am not looking for max hp/torque.
Usually I take the car for two business days, one for install and another to just check over everything and for customer pick up.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yes that's true, but I already have a custom exhaust that is 2.5 inch to 3 inch. I'm just talking about converting it to a full three inch w/cat delete because I'm going to boost the car.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Im running my current setup for now. Bbk lt. High flow cats. Sve x pipe. Mbrp resonators. And roush ab. I will change to 3 inch in awhile but I havr to get a clutch and some suspension mods first.
That may actually sound pretty good with the ProCharger

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity - what clutch are you planning on going with?

Apparently you can use a .75" space on the T/O bearing and run the GT flywheel which is a good bit lighter. At that point any aftermarket GT clutch would bolt right in. In fact, SPEC offers a steel and an alum flywheel for the 3.7 - and it has the bolt pattern for both 3.7 pressure plate and 5.0 pressure plate / clutch. But either one if @ $500.

Ram makes a complete setup for the 3.7 that eliminates the Dual Mass flywheel. The flywheel to work with their kit is actually the same flywheel they sell for the GT. Their kit requires their throwout bearing - which has the previously mentioned spacer built in.

The OEM GT flywheel is reportedly a tick under 22lbs and the OEM 3.7 DM flywheel is 32lbs.

https://ramclutches.com/mustang-clutches

Looks like the sensible way to go is use the GT flywheel $125 shipped, $15 for FPP 5.0 flywheel bolts and the SPEC Stage 1 clutch /PP (rated 550 ft/lbs) for @ $300. The .75" spacer is available through RAM PT#78513 for @ $90.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I went with the RAM steel flywheel and HDX clutch and I haven't been impressed. Still can get some chatter if I try to slip the clutch. I'd be interested in trying the new '18 GT twin disk setup.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I have heard good feedback on the ACT clutch setup.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Also, I'm considering moving to a '18 GT so if someone here wanted to buy my car as it I would give you a good deal. If you are the resourceful type you could swap out everything to your car and swap mine back to stock and sell it again and only be out a few thousand.
Sponsored