Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bump Steer Correction Kit (15-18 All)

Hi everyone, this is a must have for you serious road handling guys out there!
Improved lap times by over one second in competition! pm Steeda Tech for special pricing!

By lowering your S550 Mustang, you have consequently lowered the front roll center and introduced more pronounced bumpsteer. This leads to symptoms you have likely experienced: reduced steering response, increased body roll, and reduced cornering grip.

With an increased ball stud height, Steeda's Lateral Link (555 4906) has eliminated the adverse effects of lowering your vehicle by raising the front roll center. This, in turn, helps to increase steering response, decrease body roll, and increase cornering grip, helping you turn even better lap times! Coupled with our S550 Bumpsteer Kit (555 8133), your front suspension geometry will remain intact, with a significant reduction in bumpsteer.

These are a must for any S550 Mustang owner looking a bolt-on suspension upgrade to increase handling performance.

Product Benefits:

Corrects the front roll center on vehicles lowered 0.5" or more
Reduces bumpsteer
Increases steering wheel responsiveness
Decreases body roll
Improves tire contact patch with the road
Increased cornering grip
Sold as pair
lateral and tension.jpg
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would love to hear more science behind this. This could prove to be very beneficial. How many people have done this?

I’m very intrigued by this but I thought I’d wait for some others to install this and be the guinea pig lol

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
I would love to hear more science behind this. This could prove to be very beneficial. How many people have done this?

I’m very intrigued by this but I thought I’d wait for some others to install this and be the guinea pig lol
The roll center is the point in which the car's body rolls around during a turn, its the "focus point" of the lean. The center of gravity is the other end of this "line" which forms the moment arm (lever) during turns.

When you adjust ride height without addressing the change in the lever's apparent length, the system behaves differently than designed.

Its pretty common to change roll height as a part of chassis tuning.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
OK, let’s say my car is lowered 7/8” in the front and 3/4” in the rear. How much benefit would I see with these?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OK, let’s say my car is lowered 7/8” in the front and 3/4” in the rear. How much benefit would I see with these?
Well, while the rear experiences more geometric movement of roll center per inch of travel, the front lowering has a more significant effect on CG since the center of mass is forward of the center of the wheelbase. Without having the roll center curves of the front and rear, it's difficult to quantitatively say how much effect these are worth (in terms of percent change of roll couple between the CG and roll axis). I would agree with what Steeda says that any vehicle lowered more than ~0.5" would stand to improve from this, and the further the drop from stock the greater the improvement.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well, while the rear experiences more geometric movement of roll center per inch of travel, the front lowering has a more significant effect on CG since the center of mass is forward of the center of the wheelbase. Without having the roll center curves of the front and rear, it's difficult to quantitatively say how much effect these are worth (in terms of percent change of roll couple between the CG and roll axis). I would agree with what Steeda says that any vehicle lowered more than ~0.5" would stand to improve from this, and the further the drop from stock the greater the improvement.
Thanks BmacIL. I do also wonder what real benefit it would serve improving the front geometry if the rear geometry is not also fixed.

Maybe it would be too difficult to fix the rear geometry without a larger redesign. As a person who knows little about suspension dynamics, I still have a lot of questions.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks BmacIL. I do also wonder what real benefit it would serve improving the front geometry if the rear geometry is not also fixed.

Maybe it would be too difficult to fix the rear geometry without a larger redesign. As a person who knows little about suspension dynamics, I still have a lot of questions.
The rear is very difficult to change without a lot of expense. The cheapest way would be to make an adapter bracket to raise the outer point where the camber link connects to the knuckle. Even that is sketchy. New knuckle would be easier, but also quite costly.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The rear is very difficult to change without a lot of expense. The cheapest way would be to make an adapter bracket to raise the outer point where the camber link connects to the knuckle. Even that is sketchy. New knuckle would be easier, but also quite costly.
+1 pretty much the best option as I see it would be to just run a larger rear bar, but you should be able to keep the stock front bar if you can raise the roll center back up. Fortunately these modified lateral links are available. I believe the only option for the S197 chassis is a subframe with revised suspension pickup points.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
+1 pretty much the best option as I see it would be to just run a larger rear bar, but you should be able to keep the stock front bar if you can raise the roll center back up. Fortunately these modified lateral links are available. I believe the only option for the S197 chassis is a subframe with revised suspension pickup points.
This would fix the excessive body roll but it wouldn't counteract the bumpsteer effect from altered geometry, correct?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This would fix the excessive body roll but it wouldn't counteract the bumpsteer effect from altered geometry, correct?
Right basically no impact on bump steer, you need to fix the angle on the tie rods, either move the rack or the ends.

Theoretically when the car is weighted at ride height bump steer should be least when the tie rods are level. In the absence of a bump steer gauge and plenty of time to fiddle with it, doing that should get it pretty close to negligible.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The increased rate in most lowering springs help to counter the added roll as well. But oh yes, a large rear bar makes the world a better place in a lowered S550.

To the original topic: these bits look simple to install and make sense to have. I might scoop these up and try them later this year. Nice development.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For Steeda...how about a bump steer kit with rubber boots to keep the sphericals clean? Naked bearings don't belong on a daily driver imo.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Several companies sell the full dust boots for heim joints, or you can get the Seals-It washer seals.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Several companies sell the full dust boots for heim joints, or you can get the Seals-It washer seals.
Any links to these?

-Steeda? Do you offer these?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Any links to these?

-Steeda? Do you offer these?
Hi Everyone, The Steeda Rod end balls are made from stainless steel with a teflon liner and wiper. No need for a dust boot. We have sold over 20,000 kits in the past decade with no failures due to the elements. Furthermore, they have a lifetime guarantee.

Steeda Tech
Sponsored