Sponsored

February Sales

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yes, definitely the most SUVish. That makes it a different segment. It ain't a pony car. Could be a high powered taxicab. This is the Mustang site. There is no auto badge in production more true to it's identity than Mustang. Steve McQueen's front engine rear drive 2 door coupe fastback was bullt on a 107" WB. Everybody on this site driving a Mustang is driving the same wheel base and FR/body configuration-50 years later. That's the way uhuh uhuh we like it. Don't care if Challenger adds a third row of seats, a 1000 HP, and sells 15,000 a month. It ain't a Mustang, never was and will never be.

The picture below needs no title. Anyone who has ever broken a speed limit knows what it is. I don't see any trace of a Challenger in the pic, thank God.
What you believe is irrelevant. The Challenger is in the same segment and largely caters to a similar crowd as the Mustang/Camaro.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Well the trolls got it right the Mustang is about to get canned sales are down 30%!

The same trolls said in 2016 that the Mustang was failing as sales were down from 2015. Think about that for a minute.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Yes, definitely the most SUVish. That makes it a different segment. It ain't a pony car. Could be a high powered taxicab. This is the Mustang site. There is no auto badge in production more true to it's identity than Mustang. Steve McQueen's front engine rear drive 2 door coupe fastback was bullt on a 107" WB. Everybody on this site driving a Mustang is driving the same wheel base and FR/body configuration-50 years later. That's the way uhuh uhuh we like it. Don't care if Challenger adds a third row of seats, a 1000 HP, and sells 15,000 a month. It ain't a Mustang, never was and will never be.

The picture below needs no title. Anyone who has ever broken a speed limit knows what it is. I don't see any trace of a Challenger in the pic, thank God.
I don't see any Challenger's but I do see a Waffle House.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

What you believe is irrelevant. The Challenger is in the same segment and largely caters to a similar crowd as the Mustang/Camaro.
No the Challenger is irrelevant its only in the same segment because of its name by weight its in the same segment as the Explorer.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

6String

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I saw the article. Ford rolled the dice with the Mustang re-design and it looks like the risk of making the Mustang a global product has paid off.

I wonder if the design team at GM is second-guessing their decisions on the Camaro? The opportunity was there to start with a clean slate. Different platform? Re-style instead of a 7/8 copy of the 2015? Did they play it too safe by catering to their existing customer base?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
No the Challenger is irrelevant its only in the same segment because of its name by weight its in the same segment as the Explorer.
Keep telling yourself that.

Care to retract the statement now, or should I make a nice, long, proper post explaining why you don't know what you're talking about?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
He’s just upset cuz a heavy boat can smoke his car by a huge margin

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep telling yourself that.

Care to retract the statement now, or should I make a nice, long, proper post explaining why you don't know what you're talking about?
Make a nice long post if you want to avenger man your one of those dazzlem with diamonds or baffle them with bullshit guys. You might convince some of these guys on here with along BS post most of us know the truth. Maybe when they start shipping Giulia Challengers over here from Italy they'll be in the same segment.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Make a nice long post if you want to avenger man your one of those dazzlem with diamonds or baffle them with bullshit guys. You might convince some of these guys on here with along BS post most of us know the truth. Maybe when they start shipping Giulia Challengers over here from Italy they'll be in the same segment.
I'm not really sure what I just read. lol

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a sales thread so lets talk sales from 2015 through Feb 2018

Mustang 320679
camaro 226694
Challenger 204654

Mustang beat camaro by 93985 cars
Mustang beat Challenger by 116025 cars

I think this shows what the buying public wants not a boat and not a look like the old car pill box. The S550 Mustang is the preferred car.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1