Sponsored

Potholes! Ugh!

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
It's times like these that you begin to wonder on the origin of words.

For example, the word "potholes." According to pothole.info, it's "where a river or stream has cut a similar hole in the bed, about the size and shape of a cooking pot." Yes, there is a site called pothole.info. Lol.

And according to the OED, the origin of "pot" in this context is not clear. It "may be from the Old Swedish potter, meaning 'a hole, well or abyss'."

Personally I like "abyss." It seems appropriate for what I ran over today at 60 mph.
Tire.jpg
Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. :doh:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Ouch. That sucks for sure.

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ouch. I've heard of places that claim they can fix curb rash, but I've never seen it done or the end result.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCat

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
Yikes, that’s a big hit!
It nearly sent me into the concrete divider. Fortunately I was close to home - tire went flat about ten minutes after it happened.

OP
OP
JCat

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
Ouch. I've heard of places that claim they can fix curb rash, but I've never seen it done or the end result.
Oh I know can get the rim fixed, but it'll cost $200+ so I might as well just get a new one for only 1/3 more. The tire's trashed and flat at this point. New is $240. I'm figuring $600 for the whole shebang. Ouch.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Call DOT for your state and tell them where the pot hole is, along with your pics and receipt,they might $$ pay for it. Worth a shot.:headbang:

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I bet that jarred a few teeth loose.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Wow, sorry man! Did you see it coming? From the damage it seems like you would have been driving up to a miniature grand canyon. I slalom around potholes all of the time...

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I know can get the rim fixed, but it'll cost $200+ so I might as well just get a new one for only 1/3 more. The tire's trashed and flat at this point. New is $240. I'm figuring $600 for the whole shebang. Ouch.
When I've had rims repaired before they were never the same, so that's probably a good plan. Especially for forged wheels.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Had one of my employees blow two tires on the same side of the car on the way to work thanks to a Pittsburgh pothole. Got brand new tires put on and 2 days later blew another one. (blew one of the news ones of course) Three tires in within 3 days. He was pissed!

To make it worse he drives a Hyundai Veloster GT which has some weird size tires that apparently are hard to find.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
'Tis the season. Wheel and tire eating potholes are lying in wait. Then they fill them with cold pack asphalt and you find yourself being pelted by tar coated gravel everywhere you go.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You should go back and if possible take a pic of the offending pot hole. Then, go to or call the Twp Municpal building and complain and require reimbursement for the damages. Many towns will reimburse with proof of repairs, pics of damages and location of the affected road way.

Worth a shot to see if you can get reimbursed.

Good luck!
Sponsored