Sponsored

Tech Pack Lawsuit

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Never? This 'representation' mentions the word Track three times. Twice for R models and once for a Track Pack. The Tech pack is depicted as a "smart, sophisticated performer" here.
That doesn't mention that the limp mode can initiate within only a handful of laps, if that. Many initiating within 15 minutes. Also this:

4. Ford Represented to All Shelby Owners That the Base Model and Technology Package Shelbys Can “Certainly” Be Used on Race Tracks
269. Ford distributed a pamphlet to all existing Shelby owners entitled “Shelby GT 350
Track Tips.” This pamphlet states the following: “[w]ith oil coolers for the engine, transmission
and differential, the GT350 Track Package and the GT350 R models are best equipped for
extended on-track lapping at speed. The standard GT350 and GT350 Electronic Package
certainly can be used on racetracks
, but longer runs should be avoided.” Nowhere in the
pamphlet does Ford explain that the Base Model and Technology Package Shelbys would enter
Limp Mode, without warning, within minutes of a particular track session, or that Limp Mode
could also occur on public roadways under normal driving conditions.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The standard GT350 and GT350 Electronic Package
certainly can be used on racetracks, but longer runs should be avoided.
Any car or truck could be used on a racetrack. The fact that "longer runs should be avoided" implies something. Wonder what that could be?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
That doesn't mention that the limp mode can initiate within only a handful of laps, if that. Many initiating within 15 minutes. Also this:
This should have been handed out before purchase with the salesperson. Again, no one would willing buy it if they knew it would overheat.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Any car or truck could be used on a racetrack. The fact that "longer runs should be avoided" implies something. Wonder what that could be?
So why didn't they mention that, hmm? Why didn't they mention limp mode, or some sort of warning regarding it? Any sane person would expect a GT350 regardless of the trim to hold up just as well as a standard Mustang GT at a track, but it doesn't.

Look through the lawsuit. Ford's advertising was hypocritical and confusing at best, purposely misleading at worst.

EDIT: It really just shits on the legacy of the car as a track vehicle. They should have had a warning on the non-cooler options of something along the lines to "warning: this track special classic is not able to perform or last on the track"

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any sane person would expect a GT350 regardless of the trim to hold up just as well as a standard Mustang GT at a track, but it doesn't.

Look through the lawsuit. Ford's advertising was hypocritical and confusing at best, purposely misleading at worst.

EDIT: It really just shits on the legacy of the car as a track vehicle. They should have had a warning on the non-cooler options of something along the lines to "warning: this track special classic is not able to perform or last on the track"
More power = more heat. Any sane person that wanted to do more than a few laps would probably understand why coolers were present on another trimmed car.

I did look through the lawsuit. Ford didn't dumb their advertising down to the lowest common denominator and they should have. A marketing mistake they should not have made. They should have never sold any model GT350 without the transmission and differential coolers. That said, track a high horsepower car without them and things get very hot, very quickly. Buy a car without the coolers and want to go to the track? Add them and get over it just as motoring enthusiasts have done for decades now.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Could you point me to the section in my 16 F150 manual that talks about tracking/tips like in my old tech pack GT350.

Could you also point me to the marketing by Ford of how one can track any of the F150 models?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
More power = more heat. Any sane person that wanted to do more than a few laps would probably understand why coolers were present on another trimmed car.

I did look through the lawsuit. Ford didn't dumb their advertising down to the lowest common denominator and they should have. A marketing mistake they should not have made. They should have never sold any model GT350 without the transmission and differential coolers. That said, track a high horsepower car without them and things get very hot, very quickly. Buy a car without the coolers and want to go to the track? Add them and get over it just as motoring enthusiasts have done for decades now.
All kidding aside, I do agree with this. My biggest issue with Ford was the failure to have OEM cooling kits available in a reasonable amount of time and I thought/still think their solutions/attitude about the problem suck.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you point me to the section in my 16 F150 manual that talks about tracking/tips...

Could you also point me to the marketing by Ford of how one can track any of the F150 models?

Where does it say in the manual that you can't? I'm a few steps ahead but let's (once again) go through the lengthy process of getting there.

Much appreciated as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All kidding aside, I do agree with this. My biggest issue with Ford was the failure to have OEM cooling kits available in a reasonable amount of time and I thought/still think their solutions/attitude about the problem suck.
The coolers were/are sold under Ford Racing, not Ford. In the context of a thread that covers the legalese, this is indeed relevant and important.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Could you point me to the section in my 16 F150 manual that talks about tracking/tips like in my old tech pack GT350.

Here you go...

http://www.raptorassault.com/en/

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The coolers were/are sold under Ford Racing, not Ford. In the context of a thread that covers the legalese, this is indeed relevant and important.
Of course, if you would have gotten the parts from Ford Racing and had a Ford dealer install them, you would void your warranty according to Issac.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Where does it say in the manual that you can't? I'm a few steps ahead but let's (once again) go through the lengthy process of getting there.

As a consumer I really don’t/didn’t give a shit. I was told by people at a Ford Dealer and people at Ford Performance a subsidiary that solutions were on the way for months and months. The often joked about 6 weeks. When they finally did arrive you got one incomplete kit and one very expensive one with no warranty what so ever. Not great CS IMO.

Legally, I think they will ultimately be fine and the lawyers will win here. Morally and from a CS/Company wanting to take care of their customers standpoint for loyalty reasons they could have done much much better.

As discussed before, it still stings a bit and I definitely didn’t build any brand loyalty towards Ford from this debacle. They got my money for a second 17 GT350 because there really was nothing else like it IMO at the price rang and I love the car. I will definitely be looking elsewhere first when it comes to buy another truck or sports car when it comes time. This is the real damage done here IMO as they brought a lot of people into the brand that usually wouldn’t even look at them. And then they treated a lot of them like shit. That kind of word gets around.

Edit: I meant to tag your other post here about the coolers etc.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)

You are purposely ignoring them point here.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd honestly like to know -

for those that purchased the tech package, but were dissatisfied with the on track performance..

Did you expect your vehicles to perform the same as the track package? What was the expectation, on track, given the knowledge your car didn't have the coolers that the track package does?

I'm not trying to be smart ass, at all - I'm just genuinely trying to understand what the expectation was. Why? Curiosity.. and it seems a bit unfair to owners that purchased a track package car... if your car is supposed to perform just as well on track as their car --- but their car specifically has the package to allow it to do so and yours specifically does not.
Sponsored