Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] - I tried again today with an OBDLink MX and a new virgin computer that has never had FORScan installed. Downloaded the latest version from their website (2.3.13) and an extended license for it. Same error. When I try to write to the IPC it says "service procedure has been interrupted".

If you have a chance, and you have a second PC, can you try installing the latest version from their website and see if it works for you? Don't screw up your already working one though!

I sent my log files to the FORScan guys - we'll see what they say. Itching to get drive modes working and the 4x4 error off! I want to see those sexy modes.
The initial setup may have to be done using IDS which FORScan cannot do... and you'll probably need access to OASIS.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The initial setup may have to be done using IDS which FORScan cannot do... and you'll probably need access to OASIS.
Neither p6cl or db252 had to use IDS... FORScan worked fine for them.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] - I tried again today with an OBDLink MX and a new virgin computer that has never had FORScan installed. Downloaded the latest version from their website (2.3.13) and an extended license for it. Same error. When I try to write to the IPC it says "service procedure has been interrupted".

If you have a chance, and you have a second PC, can you try installing the latest version from their website and see if it works for you? Don't screw up your already working one though!

I sent my log files to the FORScan guys - we'll see what they say. Itching to get drive modes working and the 4x4 error off! I want to see those sexy modes.
Download from my post #424 link to forscan beta

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Download from my post #424 link to forscan beta
They took down that link. I already tried it. If you have the actual installer or some file downloaded you could email over I would try that.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They took down that link. I already tried it. If you have the actual installer or some file downloaded you could email over I would try that.
If you email the devs and let them know what you're working on, they'll probably give you a link to a beta build.

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Neither p6cl or db252 had to use IDS... FORScan worked fine for them.
p6cl did use IDS as Forscan would not work for me. Diezel and db252 used Forscan only and it worked for them.

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[/LIST]
My car is similar but a 2017. I went car shopping online and found a few 2018’s equipped as I need: GT with Option 401A, which makes it a “Mustang GT Premium Plus” and Performance Package. I saved the VIN numbers. Although I would welcome these mods, I avoided cars with active exhaust, magnetoride suspension, etc. I exspecially avoided cars with the Safe and Secure option as that gives auto-highbeams and this will be problematic.

So, based on reading, and even posting, on the 40pp so far it seems that a 2018 heated steering wheel is cool, it even comes loaded with all four sets of buttons. However, that requires buying a new airbag. It also requires a bit of alteration to the existing wiring harnesses.

If I skip the heated wheel, then I need to source three of the four button groups. Looks like the bottom left is unchanged from 2017 to 2018, confirm?

We also see a current order backlog for the SCCM - part of the Steering Column listed above. Any reason to try and order the SCCM itself over swapping out the Steering Column? Finally, if not doing the heated wheel, then these parts are basically plug and play - after you cut out the plastic behind the old cluster to fit in the new digital cluster?

If I do this, then I can run FORscan and open the .abd files that I also downloaded by VIN for those same 2018 cars, then code the IPC and the SCCM to suit?

Is this a fair summary?
Would you mind posting the vin - i need a 2018 vin similar to my car

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
p6cl did use IDS as Forscan would not work for me. Diezel and db252 used Forscan only and it worked for them.
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] Edited: I figure you didn't get the beta version though. Hopefully I can figure out whats going on. I'm the first person to try since they "released" that beta as a real release.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Would you mind posting the vin - i need a 2018 vin similar to my car
Go to cars.com. They're all over. Just search for new 2018's and list the features you want to see.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ok wanted to get some info out for those dealing with the JR3Z-3F791-HA (Steering Column Housing Assembly with SCCM) part. The heated wheels are on backorder status as those have ordered know. What isn’t backordered is the non heated versions. I’ve listed the part numbers below. If you are 100% sure you are not going for the heated wheel, you do not need to order the HA or LA part version and most likely want one of the others and can proceed with this project.

HA is with heated wheel and with variable wipers. Backordered.

LA is with heated wheel, with lane departure and with auto wipers. Backordered

KA is without heated wheel, with lane departure, with auto wipers. Not backordered.

JA is without heated wheel and with variable wipers. Not backordered.

AA is with auto wipers and without lane departure. Nothing mentioned about heated or not heated wheel. Not backordered.

There is a DA but I can’t get info on that one.

None of the column SCCM units have anything to do with auto brights as it isn’t in the reference notes so this part is most likely not responsible for loosing the brights icon in the dash (brights with headlights still work normally) and is probably asbuilt related.

So again, if you know you don’t want a heated wheel and all the extra parts/costs associated with that, you can probably get your sccm much quicker. If there is a possibility that you may want the heated wheel, stay with the one of the heated versions you ordered or will order.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FORScan guys just sent me this:
"Hello,

Thanks for the logs.

The IPC module seems to be too new, we are unable to find these part numbers (assy JR3T-10849-ALC, strategy JR3T-14C026-LB) anywhere in Ford databases (checked on Motorcraft site, also it seems latest Ford IDS v108.05 doesn't know it too). As a result there is no information necessary to get access to the controller's programming mode. We believe these info should appear in Ford databases later."

WTF? I know a guy with IDS but according to the FORScan guys I can’t even get it to work with IDS... Should I make the 45 min drive out to him tomorrow? This really blows. I’m kind of confused though...did my cluster get a newer version of software then db252 and p6cl?

Edit: I emailed them asking two more questions here was their responses.

Hello,
> If this is the case I would not be able to configure it with IDS either?

Yes, we think so.

> Should I check back in a week and ask if there is any update?

Next IDS update will happen in 10 days (https://www.fordtechservice.dealerc...Reprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS), we don't think they will update their DB earlier. But we can try to use module information from the nearest module, we will try tp provide a test build in couple of days.

Regards,
FORScan Team
———-

I guess I will wait and try their beta build otherwise I will wait for new IDS update. They just updated it on the 14th so I have no idea why that wouldn’t include it.

Last edited:

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.13.test20171211.exe

Link to the Beta Version of Forscan to program the 2018 LCD Instrument Cluster. I'm sure it will work on the regular 2018 Cluster as well.

Is there not a way to get the version software of ForScan that the others on here used?

Nobody has the beta version saved on there pc from the link?

ForScan guys didn't have it either? Or didn't I miss that and didn't work either?

Was planning on ordering the Cluster this week.. have all the other parts on order already. Becoming reluctant if the rest of us can't get it too work.

Last edited:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is there not a way to get the version software of ForScan that the others on here used?

Nobody has the beta version saved on there pc from the link?

ForScan guys didn't have it either? Or didn't I miss that and didn't work either?
The beta version won’t help me. The beta version they were using is the same that is currently released now. I can’t even use IDS to program my cluster because it isn’t in Fords database yet...