Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=32917]

Fixed all 3 of the "known problems" I listed above. I may have created one new problem though. More on that later.

3. To make the music display you must have bit 2 in 720-05-01 set to an 8. NO Music indication is X0XX-XXXX-XXXX. Music playing is X8XX-XXXX-XXXX. I did not try any other values for this so I'm not sure exactly what it changes otherwise.
Db252 figured out that with bit 2 in 720-05-01 set to a 0 that is for cars without HD Radio/RDS. I have HD Radio and RDS so it would still show the song name if I used my phone but didn't with the radio. I don't see why everyone couldn't set their value to an 8, but if you have HD Radio be sure to set yours to an 8.
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] you'll be happy with me. I found how to re-enable the high beams indication!

Fixed all 3 of the "known problems" I listed above. I may have created one new problem though. More on that later.

1. There are TWO RPM redline options. 6500 RPM and 7400 RPM. This does not change the actual throttle cut in the car it only changes the indication in the cluster.

To adjust this change bit 5 at 720-04-02. Set it XXXX-0XXX for 6500 RPM and set it XXXX-1XXX for 7400rpm. 2-F leave it at 6500rpm. There are no other RPM options.

2. To fix the high beams icon - change bit 5 in 720-09-01 to a 0. High beams indication disabled: XXXX-1XXX-XXXX. High beams indication ENABLED: XXXX-0XXX-XXXX

3. To make the music display you must have bit 2 in 720-05-01 set to an 8. NO Music indication is X0XX-XXXX-XXXX. Music playing is X8XX-XXXX-XXXX. I did not try any other values for this so I'm not sure exactly what it changes otherwise.

When I was finished I had codes in IPC for unexpected data received from both side BLIS computers. BLIS still works and the cluster doesn't say it is unavailable. I will have to try CTA and see if it shows up in cluster later. If it doesn't then I broke something I need to fix.

From my basic testing going line by line I found out that 720-03-02 has a bit that enables the gauge sweep at power up I think it enables TC/ESC toggling too. I also found 720-06-01 has a bit that enables drive modes and steering modes.

Hopefully this post helps some of you guys! If you have anything else broken let me know and I'll try and find it for you. We'll have to get this all into a guide once its all said and done and working with the new sccm.
SO MY HIGH BEAMS INDICATOR COMES ON NOW, BUT MY HIGH BEAMS WILL NOT STAY ON UNLESS I HOLD THE LEVER IN. THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH THE NEW SCCM, AS MY OLD ONE WOULD STAY ON I JUST COULD NOT TELL THEY WERE ON OR OFF.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
SO MY HIGH BEAMS INDICATOR COMES ON NOW, BUT MY HIGH BEAMS WILL NOT STAY ON UNLESS I HOLD THE LEVER IN. THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH THE NEW SCCM, AS MY OLD ONE WOULD STAY ON I JUST COULD NOT TELL THEY WERE ON OR OFF.
Thats interesting. I did not have this problem. Can you send me a pic of all of your as built data for the IPC so I can test? Even though you have an auto it shouldn't be too extremely different.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Ray, is your light switch on automatic?? Put it on headlight on mode only and try.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
^this. If the engine isn't running you need to have the headlights manually on for the high beams to stay on.

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I AM AWARE OF HOW THE HIGH BEAMS WORK, THEY WILL NOT STAY ON. THIS HAPPENED WHEN I CHANGED THE SCCM TO THE NEW ONE. IT DOES NOT STAY FORWARD WHEN YOU PUSH IT UP, THE LEVER COMES RIGHT BACK IN.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I AM AWARE OF HOW THE HIGH BEAMS WORK, THEY WILL NOT STAY ON. THIS HAPPENED WHEN I CHANGED THE SCCM TO THE NEW ONE. IT DOES NOT STAY FORWARD WHEN YOU PUSH IT UP, THE LEVER COMES RIGHT BACK IN.
Yeah, caps lock stuck on?

In my car the switch comes back to center when I push it forwards and the high beams stay on. I wonder if this is an issue with your BCM or something else. You may try just switching out your left multifunction switch (blinker/high beams) if you can to your old one. Since I don't have the new SCCM/housing I don't know how all that is connected together.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, caps lock stuck on?

In my car the switch comes back to center when I push it forwards and the high beams stay on. I wonder if this is an issue with your BCM or something else. You may try just switching out your left multifunction switch (blinker/high beams) if you can to your old one. Since I don't have the new SCCM/housing I don't know how all that is connected together.
I wasn't yelling by the caps. I thought my old SCCM stayed forward, but I cannot remember. i uploaded my asbuilt for the cluster. Hopefully, we can figure this out.

Just to update the heated steering wheel. I cannot get it to work or show up with forscan as far as the HSWM goes. No clue still on that one. I am getting voltage to the wire but no network shows up. No clue, I did put my old wheel back on as the airbag is different and I have to drive my car.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
You know I’m eager to get that wheel on Ray and I’ll update you first hand once my SCCM comes in and I can officially test it.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know I’m eager to get that wheel on Ray and I’ll update you first hand once my SCCM comes in and I can officially test it.
We will probably figure it out in the summertime when it's hot

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is why I'm waiting until next winter to do the heated steering wheel. I'll let you guys go through the pain and suffering first :p

As to your high beams not staying on I'll compare your data later. I'm getting a non heated steering wheel SCCM later this week so we'll see if that screws up my high beams or not.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
As far as high-beams go, the indicator lever does not stay out on the S550s, it always returns to center.

High beams can be cancelled either by pulling the lever toward you or pushing it away again. The detent is completely done with programming now.
Sponsored