Sponsored

2019 Mustang or 15-18 Corvette (ROUND 1 w VIDEO)

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I'm putting a forth a little investment, by renting each car.

The Mustang GT Premium (Hertz) will be the first model.

From Miami I'm going to take a drive up to the mall at Wellington. That's about 1.2hrs.

What would do? What would you pay most attention to?

Click Here: Round 1 is Complete

Round 2 - pending

_
Sponsored

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Renting: A Prius.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm putting a forth a little investment, by renting each car.

The Mustang GT Premium (Hertz) will be the first model.

From Miami I'm going to take a drive up to the mall at Wellington. That's about 1.2hrs.

What would do? What would you pay most attention to?
Living down here in Miami, do not do this anytime from 8-10 and 4-7. If you do, you will get a great feel for how each of these cars perform in heavy traffic! lol but my only suggestion would be to take the Turnpike, I'm not telling you directly that would be the more open road with great shoulder visibility for state troopers, but I might be implying it.

OP
OP
danpass

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Better than Sawgrass Expwy?

Perhaps I'll go west on 836, take the left junction for whatever that's called*, do what I did once in a Ferrari Modena (and only in that portion of that junction lol :ninja:), then come around to take the Turnpike to 75, onto the Sawgrass Expy, back onto the Turnpike ...

* looks like it's called 836 lol, the portion after crossing over the turnpike
_

Sponsored

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Better than Sawgrass Expwy?

I think perhaps I'll go west on 836, take the left junction for whatever that's called*, do what I did once in a Ferrari Modena (and only in that portion of that junction lol :ninja:), then come around to take the Turnpike to 75, onto the Sawgrass Expy, back onto the Turnpike ...

* looks like it's called 836 lol, the portion after crossing over the turnpike
_
I have personally gotten pulled over on the sawgrass, and it eventually turns into a regular road (SW10th Street, its also an exit on I95) So I tend to stay away, thats just personal experience though, may be different for you.

I really hate the 836, road is freaking patch work and its bumpy as hell.... I'm sure I would enjoy it in a Ferrari though lol.

If you are here for a bit, cars and coffee in west palm beach is this Sunday, thats always pretty fun.

Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be nice! Have a great time, stay safe man! If you are renting maybe try to swing a Shelby-GTH. Not a GT350, really just a GT with Ford PP2, but its a little bump over stock! Looks sweet too.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You're comparing two very different vehicles, meant to do very different things. I would look at these two vehicles from that standpoint first, and make a decision.

Mustangs and Corvettes are very different cars.

OP
OP
danpass

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
You're comparing two very different vehicles, meant to do very different things. I would look at these two vehicles from that standpoint first, and make a decision.

Mustangs and Corvettes are very different cars.
This will be a second car, weekends and track days.

The pricing on used C7 models was too close to not compare :D

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Renting each car is an excellent way to get a feel. I did this on the 2005 and 2017 Mustang GTs. I rented a 2015 and 2017 Mustang GT and the second time I rented, I put 900 miles on the car in 4 days driving all modes. The last time was in February 2017 in AZ on work. I drove all over the state, up hills, mountains, desert. Did dozens of runs with the car.Put it through its paces. At that time every where I went I commonly got positive comments on the car. AZ is great because there are areas you can see for more than 50 miles to really run the car out safely. That last AZ trip convinced me to buy my current '15. But I would love to do this with an '18 PP stick. In my short trials, I did not like the gear spacing.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

By "track" do you mean this?;

Or this?;
eau_rouge_spaf_2011.jpg

Either way, get the Corvette. A Mustang is a Grand Tourer, meant to daily drive easily, be quiet and comfortable when needed, and still thrill you. A Corvette is a much more uncompromising performance car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
danpass

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
By "track" do you mean this?;
http://www.californiacaradventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/drag-strip.jpg

Or this?;
eau_rouge_spaf_2011.jpg

Either way, get the Corvette. A Mustang is a Grand Tourer, meant to daily drive easily, be quiet and comfortable when needed, and still thrill you. A Corvette is a much more uncompromising performance car.
Mostly the twisty one given the time I've spent on those and/or perhaps I'm jaded from the one time I went to a dragstrip (with my motorcycle. they only ran us once, sorta an FU, and just kept running the cars)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Corvette for killer performance
Mustang for more daily tasks

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Vette

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I’ve been looking at vettes the last few weeks myself. Decided to keep the stang. Financial wise and better overall car decision. The vette definitely handled better and was noticeably faster. I though it rode a little on the rough side and was a bear for me to get in and out of. Even with the seat all the way down, I was still looking right at the sun visor.
Overall it just wasn’t the car for me. Loved the performance though.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

C7
Sponsored