Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Completely disagree. 401a is a $2200 package. For a 2018 I would expect this swap to cost around $1500 total. You will only need the cluster and the bezel, no sccm, wheel, or airbag required. If the only thing in the 401a package you were worried about was the cluster then it is most certainly cheaper.
Plus another 100-200 for programming, I'd pay the extra $500 for the peace of mind and warranty.
Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Can this be undone in order to go back stock when/if car is sold and you want to de-mod?

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Can this be undone in order to go back stock when/if car is sold and you want to de-mod?
Great question.

The as built data could be returned to stock. That's easy.

The modification to fit the cluster to the oem cluster mount could pose a problem.. But I suppose you could just use the bottom mounts and send it on its way. The trim/bezel piece uses the same mount, so it should all look and hold correct.. You'd just be missing the back piece.

So, Yes. Kind of. Haha.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
You'd also have to program your old cluster with the additional miles you put on the 2018 cluster. Or else you'd have to check the true mileage unknown spot on your title (assuming your state has one).

Something to think about and you may want to research. When I wanted to put a MyColor cluster in my 2016 V6, I called the title bureau and asked if I swapped a guage cluster that had the same mileage as my current cluster if I had to mark the "odometer discrepancy" box on my title. They transfered me to the State Highway Patrol (who does vehicle inspections). I asked the same question, and they advised I would have to check the "odometer discrepancy" box, unless it was a dealership that programmed the mileage and provided documentation that a repair was made. Now, I know I could just swap things and not tell anyone, but that's not my cup of tea. I called dealerships around me and not a single one was willing to do the mileage change for me. So...I didn't want to destroy my title with that big "odometer discrepancy" warning on it. Maybe other States are different.

So yeah, you could likely undo this if you can make the mounting bracket work after you modify it. Just food for thought on the mileage changes.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
screw it, i'm doing it!!!

just ordered the parts. by the time it all gets here and the 18 odo programmed mileage matches my actual mileage it will be early-mid march. i will be intently watching this thread until then. :headbang::cheers:

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
You'd also have to program your old cluster with the additional miles you put on the 2018 cluster. Or else you'd have to check the true mileage unknown spot on your title (assuming your state has one).

Something to think about and you may want to research. When I wanted to put a MyColor cluster in my 2016 V6, I called the title bureau and asked if I swapped a guage cluster that had the same mileage as my current cluster if I had to mark the "odometer discrepancy" box on my title. They transfered me to the State Highway Patrol (who does vehicle inspections). I asked the same question, and they advised I would have to check the "odometer discrepancy" box, unless it was a dealership that programmed the mileage and provided documentation that a repair was made. Now, I know I could just swap things and not tell anyone, but that's not my cup of tea. I called dealerships around me and not a single one was willing to do the mileage change for me. So...I didn't want to destroy my title with that big "odometer discrepancy" warning on it. Maybe other States are different.

So yeah, you could likely undo this if you can make the mounting bracket work after you modify it. Just food for thought on the mileage changes.
There are basically a huge amount of different laws and a lot of people don't really know since there is so much grey area. The one thing you would want to avoid is understating mileage. Otherwise though it wouldn't matter most of the time. Since there is nothing that can stop people from doing it I think a lot of it is scare tactics. They are trying to stop people from understating mileage as it really is fraud.

I just did a 350 cluster swap and had the mileage changed by another company online. The dealerships can't change the ODO readings. Any clusters ordered from a dealer comes from a place in PA that programs the mileage and then sends the cluster to Ford. They won't change an ODO reading either as you can only order a new cluster. If someone wanted to go back to stock which would not be a good idea anyways you could just have the old cluster changed back to the current mileage .

Anyone buying a used cluster would have to do what I did and have the ODO changed.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just updating here since I get plenty of pmā€™s asking my status on this.

Everything is just waiting on one part; the steering column part that has the SCCM. This little sucker is keeping everything working to itā€™s fullest and by that I mean all the cluster abilities, the buttons correct working parameters on the steering wheel, and the heated wheel function.

I will FULLY update when Iā€™m back in motion. Itā€™s killing me and that part still hasnā€™t shipped. It is still highly enjoyable having it in its current form though.

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] My parts just arrived today (except no SCCM). Dumb question for you - do you remove the plastic cover that comes with the cluster? Mine arrived a little beat up am trying to decide if I need to return for a new one... Tried to discern from your photos but hard to tell if you still have it on after your install.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Those SCCMā€™s are so elusive right now.

Your referring to the cover the comes with the cluster ā€˜housingā€™, correct? If so, I used the one that was attached to the new housing. If yours is a little bashed up, which it should obviously be perfect being new, you can remove your older plastic piece and replace it with the one you just got if it looks better. The fabric piece is permanent attached though. Just take your time pushing the plastic locks out.

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah the plastic cover to protect the monitor is scratched up. Thanks man appreciate it gah - I don't want to wait but think I gotta send this one back and wait for tasca to send over a new one

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The cluster display?!? If that is scratched for sure get a new one. I had no screen protector on mine at all but at least my screen was perfect. Did you look at the screen itself? It may be ok and just the condition of the plastic. If itā€™s truly scratched in any way you wonā€™t be happy so you know what to do if so. That really sucks man and I hope you get that taken care of quickly.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yeah [MENTION=33326]DallasEl[/MENTION] that doesnā€™t look right at all. Here is mine when it arrived and it had no flaws. You should get that swapped out. You payed very good money for a new part.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Received this email from Tasca this morning. Anyone else get this when ordering? Wondering how I should respond or if they would cancel my order if my reason isn't to their liking?

"Good morning, Eric.

Before processing your order, I do need a couple of pieces of information, and have a piece to share with you.

Firstly, I do need the vehicle's CURRENT mileage (I saw the note, but I wanted to double check), and I also need a fairly detailed reason for replacing the cluster.

Also, part #JR3Z-3F791-HA (housing) is out of stock in our warehouse and on a back order from Ford with a tentative ETA of 2/14/18. I would receive the part about 7-10 days past that date, if it sticks. Would you like to leave this on the order, as it will hold up the entire order? We do not ship incomplete/partial orders, so your entire order wouldn't ship until that housing arrives.

Please advise. :)

Thank you!
Joy"

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Tasca will program the mileage that you give then when you talk to them.

I just let them know I was doing a mod to a 2016 and they did whataever to make it happen.

That is the same part Iā€™m waiting on and I have two shipments on request from different suppliers and my order was over two weeks ago.

Iā€™m guessing this will satisfy the pmā€™s I got from you. :cheers:
Sponsored