Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing a time slip for 9.2 @ 156 for a gen 2 Coyote motor makes me smile, but I digress.
Twisty's for me, and the mods for my 16 vs my 14 3.7 are way cheaper. No butt hurt here.
Sponsored

Memphis9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
They lost me on the front fascia and hood lines of the 2018. Like the restyling of the S197 in 2013, they completely ruined an awesome looking car.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re not upset now why would you think a 2018 owner would be in the same situation 2 years from now? That’s specious reasoning, unless you’re saying you actually are butt hurt.
Not at all. Just a reminder that when someone gets cocky about their shiny new ride, there’s always a faster car that will come along later to show them up. It has nothing to do with my attitude.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Im feeling pretty good about what I paid for my loaded GT back in 2015. These 18s are pricey.

MY'18 buyers are suckers. Bring on the incentives and better options combinations /colors in '19 or '20.

Me, Im holding out for a facelift. I hate the changes tp the front of the car. I'd rather have a used GT350 or whatever comes after this current front facia.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
not at all, happy to be in a V8 in the first place and I only paid a couple grand more for it than my EB I got 2 years ago, both premium with a couple extras. Cheap af. It would have to be much much faster for me to have remorse, like 80-100 hp or something or power reclining seats instead of the friggin handle haha.

Love it

Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Im feeling pretty good about what I paid for my loaded GT back in 2015. These 18s are pricey
That’s what ultimately makes me the happiest. I got my ‘15 for a steal back then.

There are times I wish I had Premium Package with saddle leather interior (drool...) but I never think about what it doesn’t have when I step down on the skinny pedal. So there’s that.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... but I never think about what it doesn’t have when I step down on the skinny pedal.
QFT.

And I suspect that the corollary is true as well . . . if you can't help feeling shortchanged by what your present car doesn't have that the new one does, count on feeling that way every time a new generation or mid-cycle update happens.

Norm

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Considering I have a long, long way to go yet with finding and exploiting the limits of my current car, I can't say that I'm too upset. My '15 GT PP has more performance than I'm able to currently extract. More power wouldn't get me faster lap times at this point.

Though I will say, some of the new colors are amazing. The two complaints I really have about my Mustang are the color and the rattles/buzzes.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
They lost me on the front fascia and hood lines of the 2018. Like the restyling of the S197 in 2013, they completely ruined an awesome looking car.
Soon as I saw the 18 I hated it, the hood and front are completely hideous, the headlights make it look like it has down syndrome.

The 15-17 are imo a perfect car, yeah there are some issues here and there but from a performance and looks wise I completely love them. Just wish I had gotten magnetic color :frusty:

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Though I will say, some of the new colors are amazing. The two complaints I really have about my Mustang are the color and the rattles/buzzes.
You'd probably find that on the 18s too eventually.
My Focus ST had a slight buzz/rattle from the rear hatch almost from new. Never could figure it out.

My '15 GT has a vibration/rattle also coming from rear passenger hatch area or above the wheel. I don't know if I just got new tires and something is loose or what. It's intermittent and happens after I've been driving for bit and over bumps. I may take it back to the tire place and have them check it again.

Anyway seems like all my Fords rattle/buzz a bit.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Soon as I saw the 18 I hated it, the hood and front are completely hideous, the headlights make it look like it has down syndrome.

The 15-17 are imo a perfect car, yeah there are some issues here and there but from a performance and looks wise I completely love them. Just wish I had gotten magnetic color :frusty:
Me too...but then I saw them at the dealership, I like it, and then I drive it, and then I buy it and now I'm at work itching to get off to drive it.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Just wish I had gotten magnetic color :frusty:
No, you don't, believe me. I thought it looked gorgeous when I leased my 2016 Magnetic GT Premium... but then within 24 hours it's covered in dust and is almost always "dirty" looking up close. I swear, I'll wash and detail the thing, go "nice!" and walk away, then when I turn to look back at it a minute later I can see it's covered in dust again :lol: :doh: :frusty:

Never, EVER, am I going to get a dark color again. All 3 of my previous Mustang were Race Red and I'm going back to it for my next one :p (though, if I ever get a Shelby, it will be white with a blue stripe :D )

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Exactly why I am buying white from now on, as long as it is white-white, and not some sort of cream looking abomination.

No, you don't, believe me. I thought it looked gorgeous when I leased my 2016 Magnetic GT Premium... but then within 24 hours it's covered in dust and is almost always "dirty" looking up close. I swear, I'll wash and detail the thing, go "nice!" and walk away, then when I turn to look back at it a minute later I can see it's covered in dust again :lol: :doh: :frusty:

Never, EVER, am I going to get a dark color again. All 3 of my previous Mustang were Race Red and I'm going back to it for my next one :p (though, if I ever get a Shelby, it will be white with a blue stripe :D )

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
That's interesting. I bought Magnetic Metallic and it looks fine, I just wish I'd bought a Ruby Red or Deep Impact Blue.

I'm hoping to wrap the car perhaps later this year. I have red stripes on it (which admittedly look really good against the grey) but I'd like something with a bit more verve.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.