Sponsored

Sell an R for the new GT500? '18 last GT350 MY!

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Problem is it isn't about power...It never was, and sorry to say about Roush cars, I think they are awesome, but they don't hold value anywhere near as good as a Shelby will.

Before I bought my 350 I almost bought a '14 RS3 with the Aluminator upgrade and only 65 original miles for 46k. That was a 75k car when new. And that was back in May of this year.

GT 500s are still in the 40s and 50s. I almost parked one of those in my garage instead of what I have now, in the end I didn't want what was the same car as I had with a Shelby logo on it and more power.

In the end, It isn't the performance that's kept the value up on these cars, that Roush I mentioned above is actually faster...Its the name and the factory-built status that's kept the value up, and will continue to do so.

I have no doubt that there are a lot of people who paid ADMs on these cars and are now pissed off because their car isn't appreciating...Sorry, but EVERY car will depreciate. Even those million dollar vintage cars out there lost value before going up 30+ years later....Fact is if you pay that mark up you're doing it because you "just gotta have it". Don't be pissed off at the car for it. You did that all on your own.

Point is, if you bought this car as an investment, you're about 20 or so years too early. Enjoy it for what it is, not for what you think you'll sell it for.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
LOL 48-50s Used is already happening for GT350s.......

Give it 2 more years 16/17s will hit low 40s.
And then they'll go back up again when they've hit a "great value" price. Economics 101. :thumbsup:

That's why C6 Grand Sports are creeping back up to nearly 40K again...used. Well used.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Problem is it isn't about power...It never was, and sorry to say about Roush cars, I think they are awesome, but they don't hold value anywhere near as good as a Shelby will.

Before I bought my 350 I almost bought a '14 RS3 with the Aluminator upgrade and only 65 original miles for 46k. That was a 75k car when new. And that was back in May of this year.

GT 500s are still in the 40s and 50s. I almost parked one of those in my garage instead of what I have now, in the end I didn't want what was the same car as I had with a Shelby logo on it and more power.

In the end, It isn't the performance that's kept the value up on these cars, that Roush I mentioned above is actually faster...Its the name and the factory-built status that's kept the value up, and will continue to do so.

I have no doubt that there are a lot of people who paid ADMs on these cars and are now pissed off because their car isn't appreciating...Sorry, but EVERY car will depreciate. Even those million dollar vintage cars out there lost value before going up 30+ years later....Fact is if you pay that mark up you're doing it because you "just gotta have it". Don't be pissed off at the car for it. You did that all on your own.

Point is, if you bought this car as an investment, you're about 20 or so years too early. Enjoy it for what it is, not for what you think you'll sell it for.
The 13/14 G500s are holding because they were the last GT500s and had the trinity engines they will go down a bit too once the next GT500 comes out.

I wasnt saying anying about the HP of the GT500 just that it wont be anything special like the GT350 is.

A 5.2 with a blower isnt really that big of a deal like the FPC Voodoo was.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What will eventually rebound the market for these cars is when everything goes hybrid and then eventually Electric only and that may be within 10 years. I’m holding on to my voodooR only because it’s got all the buttons pushed. It’s a great all around fun car to drive. From the leaked oil chart the 350 is planned to live beside the 500.

You only live so long so why worry about the values so much. I’ll be getting a alcupulco blue colored one ;)

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Not unless the 500 is worth it, and it won't be the first year if I do. Not playing the "gotta-have it" game.

I was just speaking to my brother about the car...Since August I've put 600 miles on it. I haven't driven it enough to get sick of it yet, or used to it enough to where I feel the need to have something else...Besides, I just bought a mystichrome Cobra convertible to enjoy on warmer days lol

Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
LOL 48-50s Used is already happening for GT350s.......

Give it 2 more years 16/17s will hit low 40s.

Lastly comparing a GT to a GT350 to a GT500 is just plain retarded.

Only thing all will have in common is depreciation will eventually get them all LOL its not a question of if but more like how much and how soon.

Psst go look at C6 ZR1s lol they command way more than Z06s.....

Look at that as simply a reflection of how little the numbers of ZR1s there are compared to Z06s....

There is nothing rare about a GT350 they are every where despite its unique engine.

If you want my honest opinion the GT350 will hold value better than a GT500 over time especially if the GT500 is just a 5.2 cross plane crank engine with a blower.......

Whoopdie do the Roush S550s made over 700hp 3 model years ago!

Best hope the GT500 hp numbers are substantially more than the 767hp Roush cars

There are already a couple GT350s for mid 40s to upper on autotrader and they are sitting on lots meanwhile people are paying $45-$50k for a damn 2018 GT. A common trend i'm seeing is alot of GT350 owners upgrading to the R model now that they are realistically priced and the regular GT350 is suffering as a result of it and its only going to get worst when the GT500 is unveiled in a few weeks/months.

Sponsored

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
I may pick up a R to go along side of the 17 non R once the GT500 comes out. I will make my non R a daily driver and store the R for later. ~(:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wouldn't count on that info as written in stone.
the 350 could very well live on even tho I'd like to say BYE BYE.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I wouldn't count on that info as written in stone.
the 350 could very well live on even tho I'd like to say BYE BYE.
Jim, I agree that the information provided might not be accurate but having said that if there is a 2019 and 2020 GT350 is Ford going to come up with a brand new body style just for the GT350's for those MY's?

Personally I have a hard time imagining Ford keeping the present GT350 body style after 4 years and at the same time can't imagine them coming up with a new body style for the 2019MY and beyond let alone continuing on with the FPC engine program.

If I was a betting man I would think that the GT350's as we presently know them are done after 2018 but I have been wrong many times before therefore I have learned to never say never.

:cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Jim, I agree that the information provided might not be accurate but having said that if there is a 2019 and 2020 GT350 is Ford going to come up with a brand new body style just for the GT350's for those MY's?

Personally I have a hard time imagining Ford keeping the present GT350 body style after 4 years and at the same time can't imagine them coming up with a new body style for the 2019MY and beyond let alone continuing on with the FPC engine program.

If I was a betting man I would think that the GT350's as we presently know them are done after 2018 but I have been wrong many times before therefore I have learned to never say never.

:cheers:
It would be great to see it go, that’s for certain.
I would think they could use the same body just different engines and transmissions. Here’s to hoping they don’t totally ware out the 350 and end it in 4 months :]:cheers:

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak