Sponsored

Sell an R for the new GT500? '18 last GT350 MY!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
What was told by BMac was there was going to be a higher HP more tech GT500 for '21 MY which was still the s550, so it can still come to fruition.
S650 was slated for March '21 which would have been a 2022 MY. TOPNotch noted it was moved back. NOW, cancelled all together. So, the way I see it is it could just mean they make more of the '21 GT500. Doesnt bother me anyway, things were bound to come to an end someday and i didn't want electric performance car anyway. I'll take my sales to other makers I suppose or dig up older cars. More $ left in the pocket is always good too. We've already been delt a good hand to play with. Ford won't be getting my money moving forward unless I'm forced to drive EVs
Honestly not surprised. I guess the fact that it is actually happening sooner rather than later is catching many off guard. I am glad I bought what might likely be Ford's most powerful N/A car, GR033 of 526.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Honestly not surprised. I guess the fact that it is actually happening sooner rather than later is catching many off guard. I am glad I bought what might likely be Ford's most powerful N/A car, GR033 of 526.
I always thought that the R would be the best of its kind (and the reason I stated that one would be in my garage for the rest of my life), however for the rest of future development of the mustang and performance type vehicles to go away in a relatively short order is astonishing.

The vehicles that SVT/Ford Performance have been producing are iconic of our culture. Think of Ford Racing, the brand loyalty that comes from it, as well as all the reasons we buy these cars and the parts that they play in all of our lives..... Gone very soon.

Maybe I might double down and keep HR361 as well as HR871 and get a 500 on top of it. (I guess I'll have to clear some space in the garage at the other house to make room for the wife's Cobra convertible). These cars we are driving now may be examples of the last of their kind unless you want to get into Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

I said it before, but if Ford stops making these vehicles, I take my business elsewhere. I'm with Jim on that one.

What's next? Are they going to stop making gasoline? :tsk:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
With how far in advance Ford is on preparing and engineering these cars, I still think we should see a high HP GT500 variation on the 550 chassis then. I know they were working on the 350 when Carroll Shelby died in 2012 and that car was unveiled 2014, so I think we'll see it as a lot of work has probably been done but it may be the last of its kind form Ford.

I was always concerned about this with the new CEO. I hope im right and it wasn't totally reserved for the 650 chassis

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I always thought that the R would be the best of its kind (and the reason I stated that one would be in my garage for the rest of my life), however for the rest of future development of the mustang and performance type vehicles to go away in a relatively short order is astonishing.

The vehicles that SVT/Ford Performance have been producing are iconic of our culture. Think of Ford Racing, the brand loyalty that comes from it, as well as all the reasons we buy these cars and the parts that they play in all of our lives..... Gone very soon.

Maybe I might double down and keep HR361 as well as HR871 and get a 500 on top of it. (I guess I'll have to clear some space in the garage at the other house to make room for the wife's Cobra convertible). These cars we are driving now may be examples of the last of their kind unless you want to get into Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

I said it before, but if Ford stops making these vehicles, I take my business elsewhere. I'm with Jim on that one.

What's next? Are they going to stop making gasoline? :tsk:
Astonishing is correct. Maybe that is why we are witnessing a crescendo in performance across the three brands? Going out with a bang? Eerily similar to the horsepower Machines of the 60s and the demise of the muscle cars in the 70s and 80s. It was swell while it lasted.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Astonishing is correct. Maybe that is why we are witnessing a crescendo in performance across the three brands? Going out with a bang? Eerily similar to the horsepower Machines of the 60s and the demise of the muscle cars in the 70s and 80s. It was swell while it lasted.
I’m feeling this way also, especially with people being disappointed in a rumored 720hp car...let that sink in lol. I mean where do they go from there?? The answer...they don’t

Sad news

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I’m feeling this way also, especially with people being disappointed in a rumored 720hp car...let that sink in lol. I mean where do they go from there?? The answer...they don’t

Sad news
I was hoping for more than that.....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harold, to your point about the demise of the Muscle Car era of the 60's with the last HP Muscle cars being built in 1971 by Chrysler with the Hemi/440 6 BBL cars with Ford's final hurrah being the '71 Boss 351 which was as fast as most big blocks that year and I remember that era like it was just yesterday. GM had already taken the lead with respect to reducing compression ratios for that MY while Ford and Mopar still hung in there for another year.

In 1973 I still had my '67 Mercury Cougar and got caught up in all of the hype with the Mustang II cars and traded my Cougar in on a 1974 Mustang Mach 1.

Possibly one of the biggest automotive errors in my life as I loved my Cougar a great deal with the '74 Mach 1 being a real dog of a car from a performance standpoint and of course new some of that going in but did not expect how brutal is was.

Of the 53 years and 6 generations of Mustangs the 1974MY was the only year whereby Ford did not make a V8 available to the general public for the Mustang.

I hope that the information provided earlier was not the start of the end for the HP wars that we have been experiencing for quite some time as it sure seems eerily the same as you suggested.

:frusty::frusty:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I kept my 2007 GT500 and have the 2016 GT350.

At this point, I am not even interested in the "new" mustang coming out.

Really looking forward to a New Bronco!!!:ford:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Let it all go. Not worth the stress... let’s move on. Merry Christmas Tom!
Not a big deal Jim. Just standing up for myself. I think its obvious that this guy has an axe to grind.

Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here at M6G!

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i will be keeping this thing longer than i thought if i lose 15k come January...

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think you will be able to find low mileage 2017 GT350's for around $35-40k once the new GT500 comes out
Flawed logic, plain and simple. Seems like you're just trying to start some shit, really. But I'll bite for the sake of addressing your claim.

The ones you are seeing right now that are around $50K are the 2016's without Track pack... all 2017's have track packs which makes the car what it was intended to be (track worthy) and anyone who is looking used that gives a crap will know that. With talking to dealers about used inventory, most are blind to whether the car has this very desirable option when talking about what's on the lots. Customers WILL care. I certainly did when I shopped around. For those that don't care to track the car or run it hard, the 2016 non-track pack car will be a great bargain and fun car.

The GT500 will have huge ADM's and will be hard to find. I don't see them being a factor in the prices of GT350's for quite some time. Kind of like how Corvette ZR1's really didn't effect the prices of Z06's. The price difference was just too wide. Why would a $90K GT500 bring down a $50K GT350? Do you honestly think that everyone has an extra $40K or so to dump on a GT500? Some do/will, but I would say the number is small. I would think we'd see the owners of the older GT500 jumping before GT350 owners.

The Mustang GT may draw some, but there will be tens of thousands of them made and the price of admission is still $53K for a loaded new one. We have yet to see just how it's going to compare to the GT350 on the track. But we do know that it doesn't have the Voodoo motor. How quickly some seem to forget just how special this motor is! Why do you think we have seen Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW M owners jumping into a Ford when they would have never considered this in the past? Do you honestly think the GT has the same draw the GT350 has overall?

And to be clear, I really don't care in the end. My R is ordered and I plan on keeping that for a very long time regardless of other offerings.. No other mustang platform has connected with me personally and I've seen loaded out 2018 GT's already and..... Nope, it doesn't excite my senses one bit. It would be easy to dump my R order or trade my GT350 right now without significant impact to me, and I have zero desire.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
LOL 48-50s Used is already happening for GT350s.......

Give it 2 more years 16/17s will hit low 40s.

Lastly comparing a GT to a GT350 to a GT500 is just plain retarded.

Only thing all will have in common is depreciation will eventually get them all LOL its not a question of if but more like how much and how soon.

Psst go look at C6 ZR1s lol they command way more than Z06s.....

Look at that as simply a reflection of how little the numbers of ZR1s there are compared to Z06s....

There is nothing rare about a GT350 they are every where despite its unique engine.

If you want my honest opinion the GT350 will hold value better than a GT500 over time especially if the GT500 is just a 5.2 cross plane crank engine with a blower.......

Whoopdie do the Roush S550s made over 700hp 3 model years ago!

Best hope the GT500 hp numbers are substantially more than the 767hp Roush cars
Sponsored