Sponsored

Sell an R for the new GT500? '18 last GT350 MY!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My take is that the GT350 goes on hiatus, to allow the GT500 to get all the fanfare. But an improved version of the GT350, with something like a Voodoo_v2.0 FPC, may sit along side the GT500 in the future. As perhaps hinted by the leaked oil chart.
I doubt it. The Voodoo is a throw back motor, the last of its kind. I’d be shocked if Ford spent the resources to revise/improve the FPC.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I doubt it. The Voodoo is a throw back motor, the last of its kind. I’d be shocked if Ford spent the resources to revise/improve the FPC.
I agree with you, but.....weren't we all shocked when they announced the FPC to begin with? That came out of nowhere so who knows if they bring back an updated version sometime in the future?

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
We'll see. While it might help the car be more collectable if Ford's FPC V8 goes the way of the dodo bird; if Ford reintroduces a GT350 in MY20 or 21 to sit along side the GT500, I can't see it without the FPC engine. It was and is the distinctive heart of what makes our GT350 a GT350.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We'll see. While it might help the car be more collectable if Ford's FPC V8 goes the way of the dodo bird; if Ford reintroduces a GT350 in MY20 or 21 to sit along side the GT500, I can't see it without the FPC engine. It was and is the distinctive heart of what makes our GT350 a GT350.
I’m going with the assumption Ford Performance is going into 2020s leaning on derivations of the GT’s Ecoboost

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
The 13/14 G500s are holding because they were the last GT500s and had the trinity engines they will go down a bit too once the next GT500 comes out.

I wasnt saying anying about the HP of the GT500 just that it wont be anything special like the GT350 is.

A 5.2 with a blower isnt really that big of a deal like the FPC Voodoo was.
I would agree with you on the special nature of the Voodoo motor, and I don't believe the Track Pack thing will hurt the '16s as much as everyone thinks. Sure it'll resonate with someone who wants to race it, and even that can be overcome in the aftermarket. Truth is there are plenty of people who will buy it and drive it on the street and never notice or care. And if its a tech, they're going to appreciate the extra features. A '16 won't be as valuable as a '17 regardless based on model year anyway so I really don't know what the big deal is. I know with my '14 GT, it had the track pack, and no one gave two squats when it came to assessing value. I know it's a different class of car but that pack had more than a couple of coolers...

I don't think the new GT500 will affect the old ones much, the cost difference I believe will be too great. I can't see how that car won't surpass 75k MSRP minimum if it comes with that level of performance. That will make those cars a great value, and there are a LOT of enthusiasts out there who haven't warmed up to the S550 body yet.

It's too early to say how special or not the new 500 will be I think...For every secret 'leaked' about it there are likely several more that haven't...Ford has their work cut out for them, that's for sure.

I'll say this too. I wouldn't mind if this car didn't come out until the new ME Corvette did. If Ford could kick that car's arse, GM would be in real trouble.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
The 16 5.0 i have is the 1st ford ive ever owned. I was very critcal of this body style and said it looked way to much like an accord coupe.

i drove a 2014 5.0 and the ride dash layout and visability was aweful compared to the 2016 i drove the same day and ended up taking it home.

I had a wicked case of the fvck its when i got home from afghanistan and wanted a new car and i dont regret buying my 2016 premium black accent package triple yellow 5.0 for a second.

Considering i live in North Dakota and its got heated seats and auto start plus nokian snow tires for winter it really is a blast to drive year round.

Next step for me is likely going to be a used GT350 or a 2018 as both well optioned can be had for under 50k I just need a chance to check out an A10 car.
Sponsored