Reactions: 113

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Sad deal. Of all the places to do this stuff these idiots pick a road like this. Not saying street racing is smart at all but damn, if you’re gonna do it at least take it out where the only one you can hurt is each other.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
There were some high profile street racing cases in the Toronto area that lead to some of the most draconian traffic laws. Currently being charged with street racing carrys a minimum of double the minimum for drunk driving with automatic licence suspension and impoundment of the car for at least a week:

“If someone is convicted, the fines range from $2,000 to $10,000. For a first conviction, a driver can be slapped with six demerit points, a maximum license suspension of two years, and up to six months in jail.

Courts can also impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction within a decade.

5 things you may not know about stunt driving in Ontario
But what, exactly, constitutes stunt driving?

Alongside risky manoeuvres like popping a wheelie, driving with someone in the trunk, or doing doughnuts, it can also mean a variety of other dangerous behaviours. That includes intentionally cutting off another car to intentionally driving too close to another vehicle, pedestrian or object.”

I see more BMW i8s than 5.0s and many non-factory blackout badging has the rear GT painted over in flat black. Right now the police have an ongoing project to stop street racing and you know who is most picked on... The dealership near me has not sold a single 2017 5.0 in months and the single 2018 EcoBoost has finally been sold. Of the 5.0s I see I never saw one take a pull and are driven like little old ladies quite frankly.

I have never been challenged by an EcoBoost and I am almost sure they are on 87 as nobody takes the risk. Get charged with street racing and you sell your car as you will lose your insurance. The only guy I know who drives aggressively drives a V6 just like mine and has been known to have beaten a Porsche Carrera 4 in a most humiliating way and out maneuvered another Porsche on a decreasing radius turn. It’s not car but the driver

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I wish there were more drag strips. I do not condone street racing at all but is would make sense if they wanted to cut down on it they would maybe have a state funded drag strip in areas that was open to the public and for a low cost you could go run. I know here in Middle Tn there are a couple of 1/8 mile tracks but they are actually pretty far away from my neck of the woods. It would be nice if maybe a couple of counties go together and would open one with a low dollar entrance fee and let people do their running in a controlled environment.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not going to sit here and pretend. I have never street raced in my youth. Strictly a track guy now. Sad when anyone dies over senseless things. To be honest it’s still hard to control the urge to go. when someone in a performance car Throws a rev my way. But we really need to fight that urge!.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I wish there were more drag strips. I do not condone street racing at all but is would make sense if they wanted to cut down on it they would maybe have a state funded drag strip in areas that was open to the public and for a low cost you could go run. I know here in Middle Tn there are a couple of 1/8 mile tracks but they are actually pretty far away from my neck of the woods. It would be nice if maybe a couple of counties go together and would open one with a low dollar entrance fee and let people do their running in a controlled environment.

The idea was floated in Toronto but scrapped due to liability concerns. Street racing moved out of town and into the night and the police don’t seem all that keen in enforcing it out there. Hint, hint...

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
The idea was floated in Toronto but scrapped due to liability concerns. Street racing moved out of town and into the night and the police don’t seem all that keen in enforcing it out there. Hint, hint...
Yeah I have been told that before. Kind of funny around here ther are tons of state or local owned football fields, soccer fields, baseball, etc and they can get away with the liability concerns ther by saying hey you sign a waver but cant for Auto sports.

A Lot more people get injured in physical sports than in racing....

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
There were once plans here in Ohio too. Got canned for the same reason. I have 4 or more tracks within an hour of me though.

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
When will people learn to keep it on the track? Especially on Christmas with an innocent person getting killed! :shrug:

http://abc13.com/2-killed-in-high-speed-street-race-on-highway-249/2823472/
To all the Wannabe YouTube stars on the net, think twice before racing with other cars nearby on the road - especially mid-day.

Killing someone’s baby strapped in their car seat on your dash cam isn’t worth Winning your three honk rolling start race to show all your boys or followers.

Like BlueBeastSRT said, I’m not going to say I’ve never run on the street when I was a kid, but whipping around other cars and changing lanes mid-race is so beyond irresponsible and unfair to some family when you Kill their child or parent. Go to the funeral and tell their family how supporting your YouTube channel was worth it.

Here’s a tip: keep it on the track or at least at night on an empty road with nobody else around so the only one you kill is yourself.

OP
OP

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I just rewatched to news report video and it looks like the black mustang still has temp plates on it! SMH

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
More places need something like qualcomm down in San Diego. The track sucks prep-wise but you can go and make 8th mile passes until you run out of gas, I used to make 20-30 passes on a friday night. The city set it up specifically to cut down on the street racing and it seemed to work rather well. Tons of fun for everyone no matter what car you had.

Doing it on the street isn't worth it, but I can never figure out why these idiots never figure out to get out of town to some abandoned road if they absolutely had to race.
Sponsored