Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
So sad to hear stories like this, loosing a life because of racing its not okay now loosing couple or multiple lives because of unresponsible racing. In prayers for the families in pain for their beloved ones. RIP.
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm not an accident investigator but I'll play one here.

This appears to be the light they probably launched from heading southbound. 249 has some racing action but usually up in the more closed section with little opportunity for cross traffic but obviously this isn't one of them. All those opportunities for cross traffic everywhere make this very high risk for even a small sprint.

39353970451_77d7b3f8ed_b.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.28.35 AM by Erick, on Flickr

[MENTION=26661]NoVaGT[/MENTION]... that's some creepy shit right there. That's almost exactly where they landed.

39353971441_a9724d9e98_b.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.32.08 AM by Erick, on Flickr

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
There's a road here in New Orleans, that's 1.25 miles straight one way or 2.5 miles straight the other way. (3.75 mile stretch of road) 2 lanes each way with a nice median divider. It only has landfills and junkyards on each side, no cut through streets. Perfect for racing, so the police almost always leave the racers alone at their "closed circuit course".

There's a happening there every Sunday night.

When the police have chased them away in the past, they just go somewhere else and race in a more dangerous (crowded / traffic) environment.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I saw the video a couple days ago, looks really messed up!

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
In Florida we had a similar spot, long and straight into a dead end with no cross streets. Occasionally a County Sheriffs deputy would camp out and watch us race. Aside from his silence he was not especially nice about it. Sometimes he would sit there quietly, other times he would watch us for a while then roll up and tell us to go home. I guess he figured it was better than us drinking beer and smoking weed on the beach.

Sponsored

BenJonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang S550
Sad deal. Of all the places to do this stuff these idiots pick a road like this. Not saying street racing is smart at all but damn, if you’re gonna do it at least take it out where the only one you can hurt is each other.
Absolutely agree with you!

The most terrible thing is that such happens all the time and innocent people suffer from someone's folly! :(

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
Wellllllllll......a robber is looking to perpetrate a crime, a specific crime. Those racers were just morons, not out to hurt anyone. But they did, most certainly.

I just looked at Google Maps street view, and it's a wide-open area. I am guessing, but I'd think the truck driver pulled right out in front of the Mustang to cause that. The LEOs haven't said anything about the Mustang crossing lanes of traffic to hit the truck, so one can only surmise the truck driver didn't look before they pulled onto the road.

Oddly, the Google Maps street view has a black 2015-2017 GT PP car in the picture.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.929...EiubfcU4x95_ErWRTCRw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Even if they had looked, too difficult to gauge safe distance when the oncoming car is banging fourth at over triple digit speeds. Even one of us would have a hard time gauging that and we are motor heads. Would be different if I were pulling out of pit lane on the road course but your brain isn’t calibrated for that speed on the street.

Bottom line - if these dbags wanted to run on a busy road, a fatality is nobody’s fault but theirs.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Even if they had looked, too difficult to gauge safe distance when the oncoming car is banging fourth at over triple digit speeds. Even one of us would have a hard time gauging that and we are motor heads. Would be different if I were pulling out of pit lane on the road course but your brain isn’t calibrated for that speed on the street.

Bottom line - if these dbags wanted to run on a busy road, a fatality is nobody’s fault but theirs.
wI agree. You have to be responsible for your actions. I used to street race every weekend in philly. On front street. back in the early 80s. It was extremely organized. Flaggers. Look outs. The whole nine yards. And some kid on a sports bike got killed. Simply because he wasn’t paying attention. We used a parking lot as the return road. The kid didn’t know that. So after his race was over. He simply turned around! And was run over by racers because he was making the return trip in the lanes we used for racing. The guy that hit him still went to jail. And that’s when they started cracking down in this area. All because one kid didn’t know the routine. What’s some poor unsuspecting bastard supposed to do? if he’s not even aware of a race.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Devastating. So much can change in the blink of an eye. So many families impacted. And if the racing accusation is accurate, now someone is going to have to live with the fact that two lives were lost, due at least in part, to their actions. So sad.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Such a shame. My prayers go out to the family
Sponsored