Sponsored

Help deciding: Should I get a 2018 EB-Premium …or a 2017 EB-Premium w/Perf.Pack.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Bottom line is that you lose 29% in the first two years on a new Mustang regardless of model. If depreciation plays a role in your decision then buy used (under 15k miles) or new old stock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Oh, I'm sorry I must have missed where he said a GT was a choice for him. Can you point me in the right direction?

Idiots...
Mmmm... I'm loving that GT envy you have. It must hurt. Stay mad!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

If you want to get great gas milage go buy a Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, Chevrolet Volt or Ford Fusion Hybrid. It just seems sacrilegious to buy a Mustang 4 banger.
But heck thats my opinion. I could understand why people would want to buy one, insurance & gas costs, company car - heck they are footing the bill then by all means - go for it ! :cool:
Another typical response for the GT superiority complex crowd. Thanks for your useless opinion. Care to share what toilet paper you use to wipe your ass with as well?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing sacrilegious about the 4 cylinder Mustang. It has heritage just like the V8 and makes V8 power. The fact that you look down upon the 4 cylinder Mustang isn't an issue with the Mustang itself, but it's an issue with you. Just you. The turbo I4 is a compromise between gas mileage and power. And yes, it does get great mileage for something that produces over 300hp. :cheers:

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Idiots...
..... the basis of my humor, You calling someone an idiot for expressing a suggestion that is not far off from his search, not suggesting a gt owner is superior to any other S550 owner :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

..... the basis of my humor, You calling someone an idiot for expressing a suggestion that is not far off from his search, not suggesting a gt owner is superior to any other S550 owner :)
The problem is your reading comprehension. It's lacking. The title clearly says need help deciding between a 2018 EB-Premium or a 2017 EB-Premium w/ Perf. Pack. I don't see the letters G or T or GT together in there anywhere. Do you?

Sponsored

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Lol. My reading comprehension may not be great, but I’m able to make suggestions. Simply put, for the price point, a Gt could be had. You obviously have a grudge against people that like or have V8’s. Should I call you Captain Eco or Captain Ego?

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
It's also got a decent bit more power than the 2017s.
I'm not sure about stateside EB's however, in europe the MY '17 has more HP than the MY '18. I understand the torgue is more on the MY '18.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I'm not sure about stateside EB's however, in europe the MY '17 has more HP than the MY '18. I understand the torgue is more on the MY '18.
Same HP, more Torque.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lol, this thread is great. If I could share half the comments I wanted to they would get deleted and we would need safe spots for people and their tears of sadness.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
If you want to get great gas milage go buy a Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, Chevrolet Volt or Ford Fusion Hybrid. It just seems sacrilegious to buy a Mustang 4 banger.
But heck thats my opinion. I could understand why people would want to buy one, insurance & gas costs, company car - heck they are footing the bill then by all means - go for it ! :cool:
You seem to do a lot of self-contradiction.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vanel27

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I already explained in great detail why a GT was not an option, and the title clearly says : " Between a 2018 EB-Premium …or a 2017 EB-Premium"...if we are going to list all other possible cars...sure.....lets talk about a GT, or a M4, or a Q60 or a A5..... but those are not the cars proposed.

Remember: We are all Mustang lovers here.

So lets keep it civil and on topic please.

Tanks

OP.

OP
OP
Vanel27

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase
i read somewhere that the MY18's base include same parts and upgrades that the MY17 Performance package had...can anyone confirm?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
de0d5ce7-fcc3-4dc3-822d-cf960a043926.jpg.w960.jpg
Another typical response for the GT superiority complex crowd. Thanks for your useless opinion. Care to share what toilet paper you use to wipe your ass with as well?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing sacrilegious about the 4 cylinder Mustang. It has heritage just like the V8 and makes V8 power. The fact that you look down upon the 4 cylinder Mustang isn't an issue with the Mustang itself, but it's an issue with you. Just you. The turbo I4 is a compromise between gas mileage and power. And yes, it does get great mileage for something that produces over 300hp. :cheers:
Charmin Ultra Strong FTW!
When it comes to axle grease shits, its worth ever penny.

4 cylinder is a cool motor. Problem is the chassis was engineered to support 1000hp crank and the car is heavy. A 2015 GT base w 20k miles might go for $20k +\- and be way more fun to drive.
Focus is way more fun to drive w 300-350hp.

For looks and gas mileage, ecoboost is awesome. But if you can afford the insurance, used 2015 GT should seriously be considered vs eco 2017/2018. Much less depreciation if someone else takes new car hit.

For performance, price, mileage: Focus es, Foci(?plural), Fiesta

I dont look down on ecoboost. Hell, my car looks like an ecoboost. I am debadged fenders and running ecoboost trunk and its a hoot picking rolls on the highway. (Whippled GT on DRs) Lol. Tryn to represent for the eco crowd. If asked, I just say its a stock ecoboost with wastegate bolted shut for 40psi. Tryn n keep a straight face.

Thank you all for the input, and trust me..if i could get a GT i would...in a split second.
Reasons for the EB well....for starters my work pays for my car, up to a certain amount (monthly alotment) and it has to be a lease, so yeah....it has to be a EB..( and i am already pushing it by convincing my boss to pay for a "sports car".....no way in hell he will approve for a GT...then ill have to cough up for gas, + insurance of a 5.0)
Plus the EB is a damn good car for the money. i absolutely love my base EB.
i wish i could get the same car.....with 0 miles and premium interior , and performance package!... for the same exact monthly payment that my current 2015 base EB??
Well what do you know.....i think i just answered my own question.
2017- Premium with P.Package it is!
Cheers!
Work car lease = Ecoboost either one

Last edited:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Self-Contradiction

You seem to do a lot of self-contradiction.
I said I understand why someone would think that way, doesn't mean I do. :lol:
I see their logic behind such a decision, personally I think its a mistake. You don't buy a Ford Mustang for great gas milage, and if you can get a used GT for the same price, why not? He did not state previously that this would be a company car and a daily driver for long commutes. Also I don't look down on people with their Eco Mustangs, its a matter of choice. Like I said previously said I personally feel its a mistake, but then again that my opinion - everyone has one like someone else so eloquently put it.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Choice

I already explained in great detail why a GT was not an option, and the title clearly says : " Between a 2018 EB-Premium …or a 2017 EB-Premium"...if we are going to list all other possible cars...sure.....lets talk about a GT, or a M4, or a Q60 or a A5..... but those are not the cars proposed.

Remember: We are all Mustang lovers here.

So lets keep it civil and on topic please.

Tanks

OP.
If your boss is going to foot the bill then go for the 2018 model I think you will be happier with the commute in a newer car. ;)
2018 Model has a lot of new features, sorry for jacking your thread. :(
Sponsored