Sponsored

Help deciding: Should I get a 2018 EB-Premium …or a 2017 EB-Premium w/Perf.Pack.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
^ Because new car smell sprays aren't as good as the real thing.
Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
If I were choosing between the two I'd be buying used 2015 or a 2018. Why spend so much money on a 2017?

I tend to get caught up the in the latest tech, latest video game, latest car , etc and want to be an early owner sometimes......

I'd pick 2018 all the way. Front takes a little warming up but rear end has really grown on me.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
OP could buy a new 2017 GT form leftover stock for near the price of a 2018 4 banger. Then again, he wants an automatic, so I would go with the 2018 as he won't feel as if he is driving an antiquated 6 speed automatic transmission. Fortunately, manual guys won't feel like they are missing out on much, unless they put in the tr6060 or a 7 speed. Nothing like starting off with a blank GT canvas :ford:

JUST WAIT FOR A S650, premium touches that will not seem so vaunted, which will be cheaper.
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 9.40.34 PM.png

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Couldn't agree more. GT or bust.
Get a used 2016 or 2015 Mustang GT. ;) Mod the heck out of it and enjoy.
:cheers:

Go Big or Go Home.

:ford:
Oh, I'm sorry I must have missed where he said a GT was a choice for him. Can you point me in the right direction?

Idiots...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing could be that this is a lease and he just likes the car and engine, I didn't really think about that at the start but that would explain upgrading at this point for what is substantially the same car.

If not, I'd just hold off and wait for the S650 like mentioned above. At that point it should be a really nice upgrade all around!

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Man every time someone mentions an EB in this forum people go nuts and bring up the GT. Not everyone wants/needs/can afford a GT.

I am currently looking at 18s and will most likely get another EB. Have I thought about a GT? Hell yes I have, it sounds damn good and I am sure it pulls like crazy. But I drive over 400 miles a week. The extra gas expense, likely insurance increase and additional $5k+ all add up. If I had a shorter commute or another car to drive around in the winter months sure I would probably get a GT, but its not as practical for a daily driver for me. I am sure others here are in the same boat and an EB is a hell of a lot more fun of a DD than a lot other cars out there.

OP
OP
Vanel27

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for the input, and trust me..if i could get a GT i would...in a split second.
Reasons for the EB well....for starters my work pays for my car, up to a certain amount (monthly alotment) and it has to be a lease, so yeah....it has to be a EB..( and i am already pushing it by convincing my boss to pay for a "sports car".....no way in hell he will approve for a GT...then ill have to cough up for gas, + insurance of a 5.0)
Plus the EB is a damn good car for the money. i absolutely love my base EB.
i wish i could get the same car.....with 0 miles and premium interior , and performance package!... for the same exact monthly payment that my current 2015 base EB??

Well what do you know.....i think i just answered my own question.

2017- Premium with P.Package it is!

Cheers!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I put together that it was a lease once I thought about you having the 2015 and it being about 3 years now. I'm sure you'll love it even more than your current just because of the interior upgrades and that doesn't even touch on the upgrade in suspension and wheels.

OP
OP
Vanel27

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I put together that it was a lease once I thought about you having the 2015 and it being about 3 years now. I'm sure you'll love it even more than your current just because of the interior upgrades and that doesn't even touch on the upgrade in suspension and wheels.
Right on the money...i know i will man. Thanks!
i think ford reached perfection on the 15-17 design..i know i will keep turning my head every time i park to admire the car for the next 3 years. ...i will skip this mid cycle refresh (even tho the technology is...damn good) and going straight for the s650 on 2021.
:headbang:

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
2018 with 10 speed auto extremely fast and smooth.

Then again, for the price of a loaded 2018, you could get a 2017 GT.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
People assume that insurance companies will place more emphais on a V8 rather than actually shopping around and finding a provider that bases it’s monthly premiums on model claims. For Farmers, my insurance would have been the same for either model. Totally understand the OP’s parameters now, since work is covering the expenses! I think Gt owners were just looking at how the purchasing power is in the consumers’ hand to negotiate great deals on leftover Gt stock. No need to attack Gt owners lol [MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION]

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^ Because new car smell sprays aren't as good as the real thing.
Yes, there's nothing like the smell of outgassing plastic, vinyl, and carpet.... :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

People assume that insurance companies will place more emphais on a V8 rather than actually shopping around and finding a provider that bases it’s monthly premiums on model claims. For Farmers, my insurance would have been the same for either model. Totally understand the OP’s parameters now, since work is covering the expenses! I think Gt owners were just looking at how the purchasing power is in the consumers’ hand to negotiate great deals on leftover Gt stock. No need to attack Gt owners lol [MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION]
Pot calling the kettle black eh?

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Choices

Seriously man... is there a reason why you are ignoring all of the people saying "buy a used GT" in here?
If you want to get great gas milage go buy a Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, Chevrolet Volt or Ford Fusion Hybrid. It just seems sacrilegious to buy a Mustang 4 banger.
But heck thats my opinion. I could understand why people would want to buy one, insurance & gas costs, company car - heck they are footing the bill then by all means - go for it ! :cool:
Sponsored