Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[ame]

Here it is! LMR.com provides the world with the first OFFICIAL weight of a 2018 Mustang GT. This car is equipped with the Performance Package and 300A package.

Weight:
- 3860 lbs
- No Driver
- Full Tank of Gas​
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The average male in the U.S. is 195 pounds. You have yourself a 2 ton tank now. Hey, at least it's a good looking tank. That Crimson though!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The average male in the U.S. is 195 pounds. You have yourself a 2 ton tank now. Hey, at least it's a good looking tank. That Crimson though!

2 tons that moves pretty damn fast.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The Mustang has always had a weight advantage over the Chally, Charger, and Camaro. Now, that weight advantage is nearly nothing. I'm not even sure it will be faster than a 2012-2014 GT.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The Mustang has always had a weight advantage over the Chally, Charger, and Camaro. Now, that weight advantage is nearly nothing. I'm not even sure it will be faster than a 2012-2014 GT.
Have you seen the 1/4 mile thread? They ran a 12.0 @ 117mph in that car. I don't think any other stock GT has ever come close to that.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Have you seen the 1/4 mile thread? They ran a 12.0 @ 117mph in that car. I don't think any other stock GT has ever come close to that.
I guess so. It falls right in line with a stock SS. Stock SS did 1/4 mile in 12.3 back in 2016. Seems like modern cars weigh so dang much. When will it stop? When is enough, enough?

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
If this weight keeps going up though that worries me a little. Maybe they can use all aluminum and drop some pounds for the upcoming S650. Straight line performance is really good but tossing that much weight into a corner will require series rubber and suspension. I just test drove a 2013 base 1lt corvette last weekend with 6 speed manual, the car weights 3200 lbs and compared to my 15 gt i can’t believe how nimble it was. For 28 grand 15,000 miles it was tempting but i want to wait and see what these 18’s are capable of before i make my decision! Ford is at least on the right track now!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I guess so. It falls right in line with a stock SS. Stock SS did 1/4 mile in 12.3 back in 2016. Seems like modern cars weigh so dang much. When will it stop? When is enough, enough?
When the govt stops requiring more sensors and safety equipment.

If we could do back to just 2 front airbags and 2 side airbags cars would be a LOT lighter. That's what driving the use of things like Aluminum, carbon fiber, and gorilla glass to save weight. It's to make up for the blind spot monitors, auto breaking sensors, heavy, thick ass pillars to support roll over weight.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
When the govt stops requiring more sensors and safety equipment.

If we could do back to just 2 front airbags and 2 side airbags cars would be a LOT lighter. That's what driving the use of things like Aluminum, carbon fiber, and gorilla glass to save weight. It's to make up for the blind spot monitors, auto breaking sensors, heavy, thick ass pillars to support roll over weight.
That is BS. Plenty car manufactures make lighter yet stronger cars than Mustangs. For it's heft and type, Mustangs have terrible crash safety.
It's not how much metal they use but rather how they engineer where the metal should be.
Yes the Mustang has gone a bit hefty over the years. I would prefer a 7/8 size Mustang with 500lbs in weight reduction.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That is BS. Plenty car manufactures make lighter yet stronger cars than Mustangs.
It's not how much metal they use but rather how they engineer where the metal should be.
Yes the Mustang has gone a bit hefty over the years. I would prefer a 7/8 size Mustang with 500lbs in weight reduction.

And most of them cost much more than the mustang or don't have a heavy v8 in them.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
And most of them cost much more than the mustang or don't have a heavy v8 in them.
Overall they are getting bigger and bigger. That's a fact.
I actually wouldn't mind having a turbo V6 with the same power level yet losing 500lbs from reducing size.

Reactions: Ebm

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Overall they are getting bigger and bigger. That's a fact.
I actually wouldn't mind having a turbo V6 with the same power level yet losing 500lbs from reducing size.
I'm not arguing that. I'd love to see a new 3.0 or 3.5L TT used as an option in the Mustang, the problem there is people that will say "that ain't no mustang!" because its not a loud v8. Fords been able to get 400+ out of the 3.5TT in the SHO since it was released, I think they just know that people will try to rebel against it like they did with the Probe and SVO. They showed a smaller turbo engine could compete with a v8 but Americans just didnt care.

I dont care if it a i4, i6, v6 or v8, if its kicking Chevy/Dodge's ass I'm just fine with it.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
You're funny.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
^ better yet the pp2

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not everything revolves around straight line performance. While it may be able to handle the quarter mile well, the extra weight will be felt in the twisties and braking.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.