Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I've had mine on for a week now and I love them. I don't know if it is placebo or what, but the car feels a bit more taut in a good way and I swear it rides a bit better as well. I tracked it last Friday and it didn't scrape anywhere. I also only scrape on the same places I always have so nothing new there. I am a bit more conscientious about how and where I go into places though now.
Sponsored

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got the FP springs, but I'm considering selling them and getting R springs instead. Thoughts anyone?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I know about that video but it doesnt specify any torque numbers. I dont think I want to blindly tighten subframe or strut bolts:)
Yeah you got to look those numbers up. Probably a lot of them are on TMO. Safest bet would be to get a hold of the service manual or just call ford performance and ask them.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
[MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION], how about getting the Billy Johnson PSA on the FP springs and the new swaybars over the OEM R setup?:thumbsup:

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
CJ pony parts to the rescue. Should be basically the same for the GT 350.

I followed this successfully. I can provide any torque specs you want

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I got the FP springs, but I'm considering selling them and getting R springs instead. Thoughts anyone?
Somebody should try out the FP springs on track first! Such a great price I'd hate to sell them off. My vote is [MENTION=17837]raiderjatt02[/MENTION] ;)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
[MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION], how about getting the Billy Johnson PSA on the FP springs and the new swaybars over the OEM R setup?:thumbsup:
I will ask him.

Reactions: CSL

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Please remove me from the group buy.

I purchased locally from my dealer and they arrived. Install day is Sunday.

Fun fact: Ford corporate (or whomever sets labour time) states 6.2 hours for these springs, and springs on the S550 in general.

I have a good relationship with my dealer and they offered to cut their labour rate to 55%.

In the end they double checked the labour time stated, and yes 6.2hours.

I plan to be done on the ground in 5 hours with hand tools, jack and stands.

Will update Sunday night or Monday.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Well I can't upload my pics but I installed the springs.

With 30 series tires, its damn low in the front. Might be too low.

I have a picture with a measuring tape and we're talking 3.5" of front clearance.

Stock R is around 4.5".

Not sure if I'll keep them in. Although I like being the only (I think) base model with this setup. Doesn't seem ride was compromised much at all.

Sponsored

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
How did the installation go? I planned to take it to a local shop. Surprisingly, they quoted me 3 hours of labor, but the Ford dealer quoted me 5.5 hours of labor.

Hopefully you can get some pictures up, I would like to see how it looks on 30 profile tires.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I've had mine on for a week now and I love them. I don't know if it is placebo or what, but the car feels a bit more taut in a good way and I swear it rides a bit better as well. I tracked it last Friday and it didn't scrape anywhere. I also only scrape on the same places I always have so nothing new there. I am a bit more conscientious about how and where I go into places though now.

[MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION] when did you get a 17?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
How did the installation go? I planned to take it to a local shop. Surprisingly, they quoted me 3 hours of labor, but the Ford dealer quoted me 5.5 hours of labor.

Hopefully you can get some pictures up, I would like to see how it looks on 30 profile tires.
Instal was easy. Hardest part was jacking, jack stands and additional supporting for the subframe.

Also I had to take the struts and springs to a shop. My cool spring compressor wasn't shaped well for this instal.

It took me 7 hours total taking my sweet ass time having some beers with neighbors as they came by. Nothing gets the people outside like my car lol.

It'll take me a week to get some good pictures of the stance. I'll get one of my buddies to help me out with some semi-pro shots.

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
Instal was easy. Hardest part was jacking, jack stands and additional supporting for the subframe.

Also I had to take the struts and springs to a shop. My cool spring compressor wasn't shaped well for this instal.

It took me 7 hours total taking my sweet ass time having some beers with neighbors as they came by. Nothing gets the people outside like my car lol.

It'll take me a week to get some good pictures of the stance. I'll get one of my buddies to help me out with some semi-pro shots.
Thanks for the reply. I suspect it would take about 7 hours with basic tools and no lift. Also need to include the beer breaks. I may just tackle this myself this weekend.