Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Here's a video I took from one of my sessions at Sonoma Raceway where you can hear the light scrape on OEM springs and 305-315/30/19 Cup 2's. You can hear it scrape on my way into turn 2 and into turn 3. On a few laps, you can hear it right before turn 11 too. I would love to hear someone's experience with the lowering springs or R springs out here. Maybe the added stiffness minimizes the "squatting" during hard turns.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guys, Jessie is very modest!! His previous instructor called him "a natural". This was only his second time on track at Sonoma Raceway, which some call the most technical track in the country, and he excelled. He may not have been the fastest out there this weekend, but he can hold his own.

Track record, street cars: (according to the interwebs)
1. ACR 1:40
2. GT3 1:46

Jessie did it in 1:57!!! I find that very impressive! Heck, I was joking with him that he beat my Xbox time in the GT350R!!! ;)

By the way... I think my best this weekend at the Shelby Mini-Nats was 3:40. Yeah, I suck!! :doh: ;)

HOWEVER...
I am wondering if the extra stiffness of these new springs will help the front end from dipping and scrapping???? Does anyone have thoughts on this???
I missed this, anything sub 2s at Sonoma is pretty damn good. I think he was doing some very fast times at thill as well his first time out:cheers:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Lowered ! :cheers:

Hey are you guys keeping your old springs ???
I had the same thought the other day. Part of me wants to sell them - but the lowering springs are quite firm....so wondering if I would regret it someday. Of course, I did switch out the bushings in the rear end, so maybe that ship has sailed :)

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You think anybody would want to buy them?
I have no idea to be honest. I imagine so, though. GT350-specific parts seem to do pretty well. Maybe someone looking to buy back a set of OEM springs that they sold :lol:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I will keep the springs, I cant imagine getting much more than $100 for them and for $100 its better to keep the original parts to convert to stock if need be

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
BTW one thing I have noticed is my car actually scrapes less since I have had the FP springs on. Perhaps its b/c the springs are stiffer thus dont compress as much when coming off bumps. I should mention that I have stock 35 series tires. I have been considering going with 30 series (same as the R) but that would likely increase the scrape factor.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
BTW one thing I have noticed is my car actually scrapes less since I have had the FP springs on. Perhaps its b/c the springs are stiffer thus dont compress as much when coming off bumps. I should mention that I have stock 35 series tires. I have been considering going with 30 series (same as the R) but that would likely increase the scrape factor.
35 with a drop is perfect. Wouldn't go down to a 30 series

CarloStraus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech

I want these so bad, but I keep thinking back in my old days of driving a super low ricer and that was hell. I don't really want to relive that. Honestly, how much lower is it in the front spliter? Depending on what that is I may have to do this LOL :)

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I want these so bad, but I keep thinking back in my old days of driving a super low ricer and that was hell. I don't really want to relive that. Honestly, how much lower is it in the front spliter? Depending on what that is I may have to do this LOL :)

I can measure it in the AM. Its not much lower, maybe 3/4 of an inch (35 series tires). I am not kidding when I say it actually scrapes less, its a lot less.

Tell u what, measure your front splitter to ground distance in the exact middle. I will do the same in the AM. We can compare.

CarloStraus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech
I can measure it in the AM. Its not much lower, maybe 3/4 of an inch (35 series tires). I am not kidding when I say it actually scrapes less, its a lot less.

Tell u what, measure your front splitter to ground distance in the exact middle. I will do the same in the AM. We can compare.
Awesome. Thanks brotha. I'll do the same tomorrow.