Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
As far as the new front end of the 18 goes .The hood is OK just not crazy about it at this point. But I really like the entire front fascia. If you stop and study it for a moment you see how aggressive and sleek it really is. JMO.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the new front end of the 18 goes .The hood is OK just not crazy about it at this point. But I really like the entire front fascia. If you stop and study it for a moment you see how aggressive and sleek it really is. JMO.
It does look mean and I like that about it. I honestly can't wait to receive mine! :D

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 2018 Ecoboost Premium
Lightining blue,
Midnight blue interior,
manual,
201a,
Safe and smart,
Shaker pro audio.

I had a lot of problems with my '15 EB. Complained to ford corporate, got recommended to go to this ford/lincoln dealer. They too missed a repair, and I had to take my car back and it was in his shop while corporate people kept calling me if my car was fixed correctly. He was very apologetic.

My lease is up Dec 18th, I wanted to see if there were lease deals on '17 GT prem +401a, but:

1. Couldn't find one without pp,
2. No good deals or rebates.

The owner recommended that I order an '18, when order arrives, if there are introductory programs and I want the car, great. If not, he said maybe there will be even better programs for EB and maybe a program for GT (apparently the $2500 rebate on GT is only for finance, not lease). He also didn't take any deposit. I signed the order form last saturday.

Really liked the 17 GT PP that the owner let me and my wife test drive (told us to come back... whenever... as he gave me the key), but even a lease was coming up around $600...

Anyway, reading all these I am now thinking that the car will most likely not get delivered until after Dec 18th...

My wife thinks that we should just try to use x-plan on the '18 as this is the first car that we actually ordered to spec and not have to settle with lot car's options.

Keeping my fingers crossed as even though production started later, the body/chasis is same as well as 99.2% of the interior, and hopefully this makes production faster than a production of a completely new model.
What is your priority number? Mine is 10. And I'm hoping I get mine in November! But if I receive it around Christmas it'll be my christmas Present to myself. We usually don't get snow around Christmas time here in western NC. We usually see our first big snow in January. So I'm hoping I receive it before January. It'll depend on how the first mustangs go if they'll start accepting retail orders. At least thats what I saw on a forum.

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Dealer said 6 weeks. As far as the cost goes everyone and every place they live will have a somewhat different price. I just like to keep things close to the vest and avoid back and forth comments. Thanks.
My dealer told me today, I won't hear anything until after 10/02/17, kinda bullshit how some already received their vin, but others have to wait. Mine isn't a stock order.It sucks not having a car , thank God for my girlfriend having one.:)

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me today, I won't hear anything until after 10/02/17, kinda bullshit how some already received their vin, but others have to wait. Mine isn't a stock order.It sucks not having a car , thank God for my girlfriend having one.:)
Yes, but those people have the possibility of their car waiting in QC for a while. And since in Ford's system nobody is waiting for it. I actually thought about changing mine to a stock order but when I heard that I came to the conclusion that I will keep mine as a retail order.

Sponsored

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
On the brink...

I'm likely placing my order today, and with it comes a swirl of emotions. This will be my first mustang, and my first American car.

My car history: Golf, A4, also Boxster S, then sold A4 and had the Porsche only for a time, then also an M3 but found I couldn't bring myself to sell the Porsche as planned so eventually swapped the M3 for a 335i coupe. Eventually sold that and the Porsche and bought a 2 litre Q5, which has been what I drive for the past 4 years.

So, a history of fast, nice cars, and then one rather mundane which I'm now rebelling against with a GT factory order. For some reason, this time, buying a sports car feels overly indulgent. It will drink fuel, depreciate fast, it's not very practical and it's brash...yet I want one. I've never had a V8, and I don't see me every buying a European one- just too much money. New car will be Premium, GT, 401A, exhaust, black accent, and either Lightening or Kona blue, with blue interior.

Crazy as this sounds I'm really struggling on the shade of blue. There are no local examples of Kona, I'm not 100% sold on matching kona with the black accent package as I've not seen many pics of the two, but it feels the slightly less extroverted of the two. Lightening blue looks awesome, and I'm sure it'll work with the black because it's got enough contrast, but it's also a bit of a screamer. It's more flashy. I'm the kind of guy who appreciates the grabber blues and orange furies but would not choose them, and for the same reason I think I'll pick kona over lightening, but if I do then what about the black accent? I certainly like the black wheels on kona over stock, but will the roof pop or blend in? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Jaggy.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
....Crazy as this sounds I'm really struggling on the shade of blue. There are no local examples of Kona, I'm not 100% sold on matching kona with the black accent package as I've not seen many pics of the two, but it feels the slightly less extroverted of the two. Lightening blue looks awesome, and I'm sure it'll work with the black because it's got enough contrast, but it's also a bit of a screamer. It's more flashy. I'm the kind of guy who appreciates the grabber blues and orange furies but would not choose them, and for the same reason I think I'll pick kona over lightening, but if I do then what about the black accent? I certainly like the black wheels on kona over stock, but will the roof pop or blend in? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Jaggy.

I was able to see an example of Kona and it is just too purple in person. The lightning blue looked much better IMO. My dealer had a GT350 with black accents that looked really good. Almost ordered LB for my 18.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Finally got hold of my VOC... and turns out my order is a retail order with priority 19. :frusty:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got hold of my VOC... and turns out my order is a retail order with priority 19. :frusty:
Mine is a retail order priority 10. Hopefully, I'll receive it by November or December! Getting closer!!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Mine is a 10 as well. It would be great to get the car before Thanksgiving.

Oxford White GT Premium Cp. , 6sp, 3:55 rear, 401A, show stopper inserts, spoiler delete. Active valve exhaust, optional 19' aluminum wheels, Shaker, and all the good stuff. It's going to be a long wait.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 10 as well. It would be great to get the car before Thanksgiving.

Oxford White GT Premium Cp. , 6sp, 3:55 rear, 401A, show stopper inserts, spoiler delete. Active valve exhaust, optional 19' aluminum wheels, Shaker, and all the good stuff. It's going to be a long wait.
The way I see it if I receive it by Christmas it'll be my expensive gift to myself. Or I might have my parents put a bow on it for Christmas. Don't know if they'll do it but hey it'll be fun to walk out to my car with a bow on it. Even if I know what it is and whats on it. :D

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go out and buy a bow for your new ride whenever it comes in, take a picture and you'll always have something special.
I might just do that. :lol:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The way I see it if I receive it by Christmas it'll be my expensive gift to myself. Or I might have my parents put a bow on it for Christmas. Don't know if they'll do it but hey it'll be fun to walk out to my car with a bow on it. Even if I know what it is and whats on it. :D
I'd rather not have it by Christmas, since that usually means snow and I don't want to put on snow tires even before I drive it home lol

AGM2018

I was able to see an example of Kona and it is just too purple in person. The lightning blue looked much better IMO. My dealer had a GT350 with black accents that looked really good. Almost ordered LB for my 18.
I have not been, historically speaking, a fan of blue hues on cars. But...LB is, in my opinion, a great color! I had all but settled on Ingot Silver for the 18 I am ordering; however, I saw a couple of 17's in LB and was "dazzled" by the hue. If you elect to order your 'Stang in a "blue hue", I think LB is the one to select. LB also has different "looks", depending upon the source/intensity of light shone upon it. I don't think you can go wrong with LB...it looks amazing, again in my opinion, on the refreshed body style.

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
I placed my order today.

GT Premium, Auto, 401A, Exhaust, Black Accent, Kona Blue/Midnight Blue.

The order went in as priority 10, so I'm a happy camper.

I'm paying invoice +$150 Doc fees. Big thumbs up for Covert Ford in Austin from me. did the deal entirely online, painless.

Funny thing, here's my car history in colors, the new Mustang kinda stands out:

1992 White
1993 Black
1997 Silver
2001 Silver
2005 Silver
2008 Space Grey
2013 Black
2018 Kona Blue!
Sponsored