Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Mine was $500, refundability unspecified because I didn't care to ask since I want this car.

I gave a credit card and they have not charged it. I suspect they won't, as they pay a fee on that, and so will be happy with a cashiers cheque hen the car arrives.

I placed my order last Friday and it's not on COTUS yet, despite me trying my order number/dealer code/last name at last twice a day.
The fact it's not showing up is pretty normal. Is yours stock or custom (retail)? What was your priority code? I only know of one person who has received their stock order VIN at this time. I placed my order on 8/04 and I still haven't gotten anything to show up yet, but mine was retail.

October 2, 2017 looks to be the first build date for the 2018 and they usually require five consecutive days of production on stock orders that come off the line with zero defects and the five day clock starts over. If your order is retail the build could start anywhere between October 7 and on. It just depends on their quality and efficiency after that.
Sponsored

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm a priority 10 retail.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm a priority 10 retail.
Priority 10 would be the highest priority a retail order can get. Stock orders are usually in the single digits but can show up anywhere a dealer wants to assign them. I ordered three days after someone in the same city and they got priority 14 and I got 10. He ordered from a bigger dealer and I sought out a dealer that didn't get as many orders and put in their first for a 2018. This means I will have the first retail order delivered for this specific dealer, but not necessarily The first in the city. It's possible you get your order with a priority 10 before someone in a very populated city with priority 17 who ordered a few weeks before you. It just depends on how Ford decides to distribute.

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
Mine is non-refundable. But I plan on getting it. Unless the panel gap is horrendous or something really bad.
Mine was $500, refundability unspecified because I didn't care to ask since I want this car.
Just so you guys, and anyone else is aware. Every deposit on a vehicle is refundable. We cannot, by law, take money on a deposit and keep it if the customer changes their mind. :ford: :cheers:

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
Just so you guys, and anyone else is aware. Every deposit on a vehicle is refundable. We cannot, by law, take money on a deposit and keep it if the customer changes their mind. :ford: :cheers:
Well that's great to hear. Is that the law in every state?

My one worry about a factory order is that the delivered build quality is an unknown, and from Ford it's inconsistent, sadly.

Sponsored

Scharnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Kona Blue
Well that's great to hear. Is that the law in every state?

My one worry about a factory order is that the delivered build quality is an unknown, and from Ford it's inconsistent, sadly.
As far as I know, yes, every state.

Good news is you don't own the vehicle until you accept delivery so you have a chance to look over everything and make sure it's OK.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Anyone has any news on the retail orders yet? This reminds me of the time when I pre-ordered the launch edition ND Miata two years ago, ordered on May 5th, didn't get my VIN till July 23rd, and finally picked up the car Aug 4th. The car arrived at dealership Aug 3rd around 6pm, but they had to do the PDI so I went there the next day.

Last edited:

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Double check your build dates

If you have a build date given to you already, you may want to double check it. Mine was originally scheduled on the first week of production, Week of Oct 2, 2017.

My dealer text me this weekend to tell me it was moved. i just went down and got the latest print out on its history. Looks like every few days they have been moving it all around, First week of october, then Last week of October, back to first week of October, now all the way to last week of November!! Ugh! Dealer and i both agree im sure it will change again sometime because its latest is scheduled to be built week of 11/27, with an ETA to dealer of 11/29-12/5? no way that can happen, it has to make it to AZ! Normally it takes close to 3 week to arrive after its built.

This is a stock order as well, so its supposed to be built before retail orders. Not sure what the hold up is. I have no PP or Magneride.

2018 build dates .jpg

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Man the fact you even have a VIN is better than me. DORA still isn't recognized and I checked Saturday with my dealer, still no update.

On the flip side maybe Ford wants to get the PP and MR cars out first and that's why yours is moved back.

Who knows. Just hurry up and build them and get them to the dealers.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
If you have a build date given to you already, you may want to double check it. Mine was originally scheduled on the first week of production, Week of Oct 2, 2017.

My dealer text me this weekend to tell me it was moved. i just went down and got the latest print out on its history. Looks like every few days they have been moving it all around, First week of october, then Last week of October, back to first week of October, now all the way to last week of November!! Ugh! Dealer and i both agree im sure it will change again sometime because its latest is scheduled to be built week of 11/27, with an ETA to dealer of 11/29-12/5? no way that can happen, it has to make it to AZ! Normally it takes close to 3 week to arrive after its built.

This is a stock order as well, so its supposed to be built before retail orders. Not sure what the hold up is. I have no PP or Magneride.
lol what is ford doing :headbonk:

On the other note, mine's still not scheduled yet, hopefully I can get a VIN soon.

Sponsored

RStoepel93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP (Ordered)
I just checked mine and finally received a scheduled date of 11/13. Will check and see if it jumps around the next couple of days.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

2018 build dates .jpg

Stock orders can be a crap shoot. I've heard of people getting their stock orders long before retail and then others long after. Sometimes the delay lies in the fact that stock orders that are first off the line get quality control checked extensively and have seen them get built only to sit for a month. I don't believe there is as much haste put towards certain stock orders as ford sees them as going to the dealer (who has ordered 20+) vs a customer ordering stock.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Is anybody's retail order scheduled? Mine still isn't in the system.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone has any news on the retail orders yet? This reminds me of the time when I pre-ordered the launch edition ND Miata two years ago, ordered on May 5th, didn't get my VIN till July 23rd, and finally picked up the car Aug 4th. The car arrived at dealership Aug 3rd around 6pm, but they had to do the PDI so I went there the next day.

What I understand is that they will build the first stock orders and when they give the "OK to buy" from QC which can happen on 10/7 or 5 or more weeks later. Then and only then will they will accept retail orders.
Sponsored