Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Thank you Gman! For anyone else looking at post #2853 the links will give a (different) error but the author of the post kindly linked his source, if you go to this link the post there will have working links. I am downloading the non-nav version now and will update you guys with the results.
Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thank you Gman! For anyone else looking at post #2853 the links will give a (different) error but the author of the post kindly linked his source, if you go to this link the post there will have working links. I am downloading the non-nav version now and will update you guys with the results.
Just updated, went smoothly. Just make sure you follow that guide to remove certain stuff to install since it's not necessary. Took about 10 minutes compared to 15-20.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
HERE maps told me first nav update for sync 3 systems will be in late summer. My guess is that the update could be made available in one of the follow formats:

1. purchasing physical DVD discs
2. purchasing flash drives instead of discs
3. purchasing and downloading zipped files and using our own flash drives like we did to get 2.2

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
shock shock shock! v2.3 update is around the corner!! I entered a 2018 F150 VIN and got this!!!
wqow.PNG

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Have u downloaded? Tried to install? Any change log?
danmc85 on f150 forum said he tried it:

"The GT Theme doesn't have those random visual glitches lol
The active park assist text between parallel and perpendicular have matching grammar.
The random flank guard popup that some people get after leaving reverse is gone.
I haven't noticed much else... I installed 2.3 Nav Update on my sync 3 unit in my Fusion. (For those about to ask lol... There is no official update, someone gave me this version and no I don't have download links to share).

There is technically a 3.0 version also that I was given... I just haven't had a chance to mess with it."

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
danmc85 on f150 forum said he tried it:

"The GT Theme doesn't have those random visual glitches lol
The active park assist text between parallel and perpendicular have matching grammar.
The random flank guard popup that some people get after leaving reverse is gone.
I haven't noticed much else... I installed 2.3 Nav Update on my sync 3 unit in my Fusion. (For those about to ask lol... There is no official update, someone gave me this version and no I don't have download links to share).

There is technically a 3.0 version also that I was given... I just haven't had a chance to mess with it."
If you get links, upload please

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
will do!

updated first page with non-nav 2.2 link

NemesisOfZod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium
This is what it's on my owner page:

"Your previous SYNC software updates
This is your current software update history.

It's possible you have updated SYNC 3 using Wi-Fi within the past week.48 If you aren't sure, here's how to check.

Date Confirmed: Aug 25, 2016 Version: SYNC3 v2.0
Hide details
HB5T-14G381-AJ
The new version contains the following updates:..........."

How can I be on 2.0 and the Ford to say "your sync is up to date" ?
Mine says the same thing. I can't find a way to update on the page, and the mirror link for the NAV equipped units doesn't work at all. Can anyone assist?

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=15716]m.a.s.e[/MENTION] Im hoping dan will check here and give us insight as well, but this is what he posted about the changes in v3.0, posted this about screen

https://images84.fotosik.pl/779/39b2dfe3f4bab3c9.jpg

"It seems to be working well since I updated and took those photos a few days ago.... I was privately given downloads for both the 2.3 and 3.0 updates. I did not mess with 2.3 much, but am using 3.0 daily at the moment, in my Fusion.

I've noticed a few changes so far...
- Ability to turn the screen off under display settings
- Different color for flank guard sensors
- Flank guard blank popup after shifting out of reverse is gone
- Active Park Assist spot searching messages are matched between Parallel and Perpendicular when driving too fast.
- Supports 3rd party Navigation applications through Ford AppLink such as Sygic.
- Heated steering wheel icon (if equipped) also appears on home screen by default, and not just climate menu only. Before updating, it only showed on home screen if heated seat icons were also enabled.
- Ford GT theme has visual big fixes making it look more polished, so I am using that now.
- A few icons have changed.
- WiFi password entry keyboard is different and the $ is back, which was previously missing
- I personally think the Sync Navigation lady voice is slightly different and prompts differently during directions but it is probably just a placebo affect
- Probably some Bluetooth improvements under the hood.
- .... probably more to add as I discover stuff."