Sponsored

2017 or 2018 Ford Mustang GT

2017 or 2018

• Wished I would have waited to purchased a 2018 Mustang

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Going to purchase a 2017 Mustang, 2018 prices too high

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • 2018 Mustang Specs (HP / TQ) don't impress me. 2017 mods can get me to 2018 Performance Numbers.

Votes: 50 39.1%
  • Waiting to purchase a S650 instead.

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Doesn't Ford make the 10 speed, active exhaust, digital display and magnetic ride optional?

Last I checked, you can still get a bare-bones 400+ hp V8 with a manual tranny for much less than its Euro counterparts. There are Mustangs tailored for everyone's taste :ford:
Yes it's optional and yes I'd still take an 18 over most other cars (it would be virtually all other cars if it wasn't for the new front end) but it's the trajectory that Ford are going on that's a bit worrying. It may start off optional but then it may become standard. Just want Ford to remember that we don't want another European car, we want an affordable GT350
Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I'd love an 18 and I really do want one , to make the car truly different puts it around 50k though ! That's just too much cash for a mustang gt , I'm hoping to see some incentives and price drops when the 19's come out so I can pick one up. I do like the 17 looks better , those lower triangles just look to Japenesish for me but the digital display , active exhaust, manga ride , and direct injection make me want one regardless. That price though ��, it's pushing me into modding my 17

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I personally would rather have a 2018 because I think it's better, but damn some people just need to take this thread as joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard :frusty::D

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Someone who gets it.

I personally would rather have a 2018 because I think it's better, but damn some people just need to take this thread as joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard :frusty::D
Finally !!! You just won an all expense paid trip to the Ford Hall of Fame. :lol:
The poll was started specifically to gauge peoples interest or non interest in the
2018 model. Of course people who already have 2015-2017 models will say their model year is better and would not want the 2018 model. Why? Because they are already heavily invested in their cars. Now people who are looking to purchase a 2018 model or already put down a deposit for their 2018 Mustang will say otherwise. If anyone remembers the poll I started long ago about if I should purchase a 2017 or 2018 model I was frustrated that Ford had not provided us with the HP/TQ numbers and pricing before I made a decision to purchase a 2017. Looking back I don't regret my purchase simply because the 2018 has come in at a higher price and while the options seem attractive they are also very expensive (If you look at what I wanted in a 2018).

FYI: I know my poll questions where going to be a little hard on the 2018 purchasers because they are already been bullied about the 2018 Front Fascia and seem to be overly sensitive to any non-approval comments about their future car. :lol:

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Nailed it !!

Yes it's optional and yes I'd still take an 18 over most other cars (it would be virtually all other cars if it wasn't for the new front end) but it's the trajectory that Ford are going on that's a bit worrying. It may start off optional but then it may become standard. Just want Ford to remember that we don't want another European car, we want an affordable GT350
We just want a faster cheaper horse. ;)

Screw all the bells and whistles :mad:

:ford:

Sponsored

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
The poll was started specifically to gauge peoples interest or non interest in the
2018 model.
Of the four listed options, I dont see a single option that piques interest in the 2018. I have noticed quite often how you will low-key bash the '18's. We get it dude you love your '17

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Of the four listed options, I dont see a single option that piques interest in the 2018. I have noticed quite often how you will low-key bash the '18's. We get it dude you love your '17

He's butt-hurt for not getting the 2018. That's why he keeps trying to
justify his purchase.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I bought at 2015 GT. But if I were buying something now, I would buy a 2017. I like the design of the '17 better and the '18 is too expensive for what you are getting. My 2 cents...

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I bought at 2015 GT. But if I were buying something now, I would buy a 2017. I like the design of the '17 better and the '18 is too expensive for what you are getting. My 2 cents...
So you would buy virtually the same car as you already have. All these people saying the '18 is too expensive and the car hasn't even touched a dealer lot. Nobody knows exactly how much more expensive it really will be. You can't go off of the build and price from the ford website, because build a '17 once on there and see how much more expensive that is than what they are on the lots. Either way you are getting quite a bit more with the '18. Better tech, faster car. The design on the front end is so little, and it wouldn't take much to make it look the way you want. People haven't drove the '18 or even seen one in person and just making a biased opinion that the '17 is a better buy because by knocking the '18, it's a way to make them feel better. The '18 is better, deal with it. I am.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Either way you are getting quite a bit more with the '18. Better tech, faster car. The design on the front end is so little, and it wouldn't take much to make it look the way you want.
Better tech doesn't necessarily mean better car imo. The GT350 is a relatively simple machine, you can't even get it in auto, but for me that is a dream car alongside a Porsche GT4. The point is Ford should stick to their niche with the Mustang and not turn it into a data centre like your average Audi, which is crammed full of tech but joyless. Yes the '18 is not at that stage but it's the trajectory Ford are going on that they need reminding. As for the front end, it looks okay side on but still looks drowsy when viewed directly in front and the bonnet vents look like an afterthought.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yes I yawn when I see another Audi/Merc type car on the road. If people want that type of thing then fine but i don't see the point in buying a Audi imitation when you may as well buy an Audi. Ford needs to keep its niche in the Mustang for it to survive, which is fun, uncomplicated, fast motoring. They should be trying to emulate the amazing GT350 with the GT, not Audi with 10 speeds, quiet exhausts, digital displays etc.
I don't get how people think the facelift looks more european when the pre-fl has most of its design cues borrowed from the Aston Martin DB9 (the designers of theS550 and DB9 were brothers if I remember correctly :D)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't necassarily think the facelift looks more European, it just looks 'different'. In some ways I prefer the side on of the 18 to the 15 but it seems to go wrong for the 18 when viewed front on, looks drowsy imo.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
'17.

What they added in hp/tq numbers they deducted in looks.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Better tech doesn't necessarily mean better car imo. The GT350 is a relatively simple machine, you can't even get it in auto, but for me that is a dream car alongside a Porsche GT4. The point is Ford should stick to their niche with the Mustang and not turn it into a data centre like your average Audi, which is crammed full of tech but joyless. Yes the '18 is not at that stage but it's the trajectory Ford are going on that they need reminding. As for the front end, it looks okay side on but still looks drowsy when viewed directly in front and the bonnet vents look like an afterthought.
Well that is your opinion, but my opinion is better tech is better car because it's BETTER lol. That's why I said better :headbonk: The gt350 isn't that simple because it has magneride which is better tech, and that's why it's an option for '18s. The new 10 speed replaces the old auto because it's better. The new LED speedo is an option, so you either like it or you don't. The front end is a small change, but can easily be changed. A little more hp/tq. Can't expect a big change because it's still an S550. Like I said before, don't judge it till you actually see it and drive it.