Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
As someone who builds software for a living and works with testing teams, unfortunately you have 2 variables. Because of that you can not be 100% sure the software only introduced the intended fix and no other changes, intended or not. While you could very well be correct and provide data that shows you very well may be, without testing the Levels with revision B you can not be 100% certain.
Or re-flash the original FRPP tune profile and dyno test it with the ATM intercooler. This would be more of an apples to apples comparison, eliminating the tune revision variable. I realize that's asking a lot of [MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION] but this would settle the debate once and for all. I'm indifferent honestly, I was just glad to see the FRPP tune dyno'd as well as it did. 315whp for a 91 tune is definitely good. I don't think you can get much if any additional power from any tune unless you start changing wga and/or downpipes. The FRPP tune is hands down legit.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Or test the ATM with the original FRPP tune prior to the revision.
That would be a much easier test, lol.

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Or re-flash the original FRPP tune profile and dyno test it with the ATM intercooler. This would be more of an apples to apples comparison, eliminating the tune revision variable. I realize that's asking a lot of [MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION] but this would settle the debate once and for all. I'm indifferent honestly, I was just glad to see the FRPP tune dyno'd as well as it did. 315whp for a 91 tune is definitely good. I don't think you can get much if any additional power from any tune unless you start changing wga and/or downpipes. The FRPP tune is hands down legit.
That's 360 Crank HP and 400 Crank Torque for reference. In this configuration I'm making about 25 HP and 10 ft-lbs over their stated values (almost entirely because of a better inter cooler as their engine dyno was done with the stock inter cooler).

Even with the Levels I was making an additional 10 HP and 20 ft-lbs over their stated values :D. Either way we are making more power.

Weight to power ratio of my base model AS CONFIGURED (3557 lbs) is 9.9 lbs / c-hp and weight to torque ratio is 8.9 lbs / c-ft-lb.

Sans the extra tires and wheels the total cost of the car for all mods is $30,800. I have snow tires on my factory 18's and a $2,500 set of 19" flow formed wheels from RTR with 275 Pilot Sport AS3+'s on them (54lbs for the tire and wheel, stock wheels with lighter weight low density snow tires weigh 52.5 lbs for reference, they weighed 54 lbs even with the stock good year 235 all seasons which sucked in the rain and were even more useless in the snow).

With tires and wheels and snow tires on the factory wheels were up to 34k or about the cost of a base model GT or still about 2k under a focus RS / STi making less power and torque. Although you could FP tune the STi and throw in an inter cooler for more power on that one and not need to upgrade tires and wheels but it starts out at 36k + mods and I think the peak power potential is pretty close as there's not much difference between the 2.3 in the RS and the EB Stang.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Settling the debate to me for the sake of one ore two people on the internet I don't even know isn't worth an the $100 and difficulty in scheduling a 3rd dyno run. I became a single dad of an 8 year old adopted level 1 trauma child since loosing my wife in the first week of Jan of this year so my free time is very precious to me as well. Just not worth the time or money...sorry guys, I already did 2 runs and provided as much data as I could. But someone with a Levels FMIC is welcome to get their car dyno'ed on a DynoJet with 93 and the older -C{x}A revision. If the Levels was causing the top end to crap out it WILL show up on their dyno like mine even if peak power numbers are a tad different.

Also note that even IF the ATM was not responsible for the power gains across the entire mid range and espeically the top end, it's still cooling as well as the Levels while dealing with MORE heat, especially at the top end where it's now running on average 2~3 PSI more boost at the extremes (from about 6000 to 6600). So there are other advantages. I'd agree with Tune+ on this one, the ATM is the pinnacle of FMIC's, at least for the stock turbo.

BTW I think the middle letter has to do with the year and possibly PCM software revision. The Last letter though is the tune revision. Some people reporting -CCA and -CCB have 2015's while I have a 2016. Just a guess though, but we do not the last letter is the tune revision.

What ever the case is, I'm still making THAT power on the current revision and ATM inter cooler with 93 pump gas. Both the Levels and ATM cool literally almost identically but the ATM is far less laggy.

So even if it wasn't making more power it's still alleviating the hesitation / lag issue I had with the Levels that WAS present on all 3 tunes (stock, Livernois 91 and FP).

To me the combination of equivalent cooling to the Levels and elimination of lag and periodic low throttle hesitation are worth it alone. We can't attribute the lag to the tune in this case because it was present with 3 very different tunes. I'm gonna stop messing with the car and just start enjoy it as is, runs great, responds great and puts to shame many more expensive cars and blows away it's price point competitors all under factory warranty :D.

Here's my setup:

I have now achieved my goal. TheLion over and out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=25093]TheLion[/MENTION], I like the wheels!
Thanks, those are the RTR Tech 7's I got from AM what I was talking about in an earlier post about keep weight low.

They are Flow Formed so only 24 lbs a wheel for 19's that's pretty light and about as strong as a Forged wheel. They come in 3 or 4 color options and also in 20's if you feel like adding unnecessary mass for some bling factor :D

I was thinking for the final touches painting the mustang symbol's red and having custom plates read "WAR HRSE", giving a nod to the book of Revelation.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
If I hadn't just spent a load of money building my engine, I'd pick up an ATM, Levels, and a Wagner Evo 2 just to do some testing. I probably will at some point in the future anyways. A friend of mine owns a Dynojet Dyno and I could do all the testing on the same day, same conditions, same fuel in the tank, etc. I'd just leave the front bumper off and swap out after 3 runs. If ATM or Wagner would want to contribute to the showdown, let me know. I'll test all of them and ship them back when I'm done. Then we could crown a king, without doubt or question — on the stock turbo.

I'm not trying to add to the arguing but I would have preferred to see the Levels on Rev. B as well. Maybe the Lion is a right, but when you say a previous revision had glitches (even that might not be said to affect what you're specifically talking about), people are going to question it. It's the internet and people love to argue on here.

Anyways, thanks for your contribution, Lion. You're one of few people that do some testing and post results. I did the same a long time back with the factory pipes vs the metal pipes and saw some interesting trends in CATs between the two.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
If I hadn't just spent a load of money building my engine, I'd pick up an ATM, Levels, and a Wagner Evo 2 just to do some testing. I probably will at some point in the future anyways. A friend of mine owns a Dynojet Dyno and I could do all the testing on the same day, same conditions, same fuel in the tank, etc. I'd just leave the front bumper off and swap out after 3 runs. If ATM or Wagner would want to contribute to the showdown, let me know. I'll test all of them and ship them back when I'm done. Then we could crown a king, without doubt or question — on the stock turbo.

I'm not trying to add to the arguing but I would have preferred to see the Levels on Rev. B as well. Maybe the Lion is a right, but when you say a previous revision had glitches (even that might not be said to affect what you're specifically talking about), people are going to question it. It's the internet and people love to argue on here.

Anyways, thanks for your contribution, Lion. You're one of few people that do some testing and post results. I did the same a long time back with the factory pipes vs the metal pipes and saw some interesting trends in CATs between the two.
Care to elaborate on said trends?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes I'm curious about that. I'm waiting for ATM to get their diverter valve adapter made so I can use their silicone charge pipes. I think that's the best route as the entire assembly is fluid enough to move and not loose up with good clamps, it's temperature stable and a great insulator (not good for hot side but good for cold side). Silicone seals very well too, but because of the braiding and it's thickness it won't balloon like stock rubber hoses.

A ribbed hot side pipe might actually lower temps by a few degrees (heat sink fins) but would be uber expensive. Just curious how much cooling it would actually add before the inter cooler.

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it just me or did this thread become insanely huge? It's now larger (in terms of posts) than any other thread I'm aware of...at least on the first page.

But I think the collective knowledge we were able to put out there is really good for anyone looking to modify their Ecoboost Mustang that wants a reliable path that allows them to keep their warranty and expect the car to last a full service life of 150k~200k miles.

Then it's V8 time for me!

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Is it just me or did this thread become insanely huge? It's now larger (in terms of posts) than any other thread I'm aware of...at least on the first page.

But I think the collective knowledge we were able to put out there is really good for anyone looking to modify their Ecoboost Mustang that wants a reliable path that allows them to keep their warranty and expect the car to last a full service life of 150k~200k miles.

Then it's V8 time for me!
Trying to catch up to the "What you did to your s550 today?" thread with 23k posts? lmao!

OP
OP
TheLion

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to catch up to the "What you did to your s550 today?" thread with 23k posts? lmao!
No, I was just surprised it's gone on this long lol. Didn't know about that one, must be an all time record on here?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
No, I was just surprised it's gone on this long lol. Didn't know about that one, must be an all time record on here?
It would be nice if there was a tool to download multiple pages of a thread into a PDF or something so that you could just scroll through the conversations instead of having to click page by page... or if you could change the default number of posts per page for yourself.
Sponsored